2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Pelicans can make some noise next year if they stay healthy.

Ant Davis was murdering it the second half of the season. I could see him emerging as a top 5 big in the game next year easily

I barely see them making the playoffs if things fall their way.. and I believe Davis will be All-NBA as soon as next year

I mean...

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Blazers and Warriors aren't going anywhere.

Mavs, Grizzlies, Suns and Nuggets are still lingering.. Mavs could f around and sign some game changers

Thing is that the Warriors, Grizzlies and Mavs barely made the playoffs and they haven't added any key components to improve their rosters (outside the Mavs with today's trade obviously ... If that's even an improvement).

Just really depends on how they're coached. None of their guards are really pass first and EG isn't really a spot up shooter. But they definitely have the talent to make a run

Yeah that is cool and I still think the team will be broken up. You can only make noise for so long before management turns on you. Are the Thunder going to wait for some of the Spurs team to retire before winning a chip? The Lakers will reload by then.

2011 - thunder beat the spurs in the western conference finals
2012 - Westbrook is hurt in the first round of the playoffs
2013 - ibaka gets hurt in the semi-finals and misses the first 2 games vs the spurs

Maybe we should see if the thunder are healthy before we automatically jump to the spurs being invincible..

A competent coach would also help

Thing is that the Warriors, Grizzlies and Mavs barely made the playoffs and they haven't added any key components to improve their rosters (outside the Mavs with today's trade obviously ... If that's even an improvement).

Just really depends on how they're coached. None of their guards are really pass first and EG isn't really a spot up shooter. But they definitely have the talent to make a run
Warriors aint gonna miss the playoffs all of a sudden.. Grizzlies could, especially with the ZBO situation up in the air... Mavs could keep the team as is and definitely make the playoffs.

I think a lot of things have to fall their way (injuries to other teams, down years by other teams) for the Pelicans to make the playoffs. The chemistry just doesn't seem all that great

Why would you be shocked?

I just feel like the West is gonna be extremely tough for years to come.

Spurs will be there again next year. Who knows about the Rockets and what they do. Mavs too. Warriors will be good. Clippers/Laker.

I mean it's gonna be a huge battle for them to get to the finals and then you probably have to face Bron it won't be easy.

I joked earlier in the year that Heat would take Sefalosha off the Thunders hands once the City would finally turn on him, I  had no idea they liked Perkins. 

Christmas may come in July this year.

Kinda sad seeing Tyson gone, and gone back to DALLAS.

I liked him for OKC, and I think he gets back in Dtown and balls out. Don't wanna play those guys ever in the Playoffs

but seriously, Jeremy Lamb? 
laugh.gif
And Adams, the 21st pick in this upcoming draft, a trade exemption from the twolves (when kevin Martin signed with them) and foreign stash guy we got in the 2nd
Good stuff. 

Ah I forgot Adams.

I don't see Bennett taking advantage of the trade exemption though. 

the thunder built their whole organization through the draft. durant, harden, westbrook, ibaka, jackson.

parker duncan ginobili all found in the draft, and now kawhi. if you're not a team that always gets the big FAs, that's how you have to build. and the pelicans threw all that away.
Pelicans decided to go all in instead of the draft. I believe the Pelicans threw everything away when they sign Holiday and got rid of Vasquez. And once again the Spurs is on a different level not many organizations are doing what they are doing.

the thunder built their whole organization through the draft. durant, harden, westbrook, ibaka, jackson.

parker duncan ginobili all found in the draft, and now kawhi. if you're not a team that always gets the big FAs, that's how you have to build. and the pelicans threw all that away.
Pelicans decided to go all in instead of the draft. I believe the Pelicans threw everything away when they sign Holiday and got rid of Vasquez. And once again the Spurs is on a different level not many organizations are doing what they are doing.

right. and their version of all in was jrue holiday, tyreke evans, and eric gordon and giving up first round picks and nerlens noel, letting robin lopez go, and trading for omer asik.

2013 - ibaka gets hurt in the semi-finals and misses the first 2 games vs the spurs

Maybe we should see if the thunder are healthy before we automatically jump to the spurs being invincible..

Not saying the spurs are invincible but they have had success for years. Wasnt Manu hurt in 2011???

Why would you be shocked?

I just feel like the West is gonna be extremely tough for years to come.

Spurs will be there again next year. Who knows about the Rockets and what they do. Mavs too. Warriors will be good. Clippers/Laker.

I mean it's gonna be a huge battle for them to get to the finals and then you probably have to face Bron it won't be easy.

The thunder won 2 games vs the spurs with ibaka hobbled and pushed a 3rd to overtime.. This is with brooks incompetence

If Adams gets better, lamb gets some confidence because he actually gets some consistent playing time (ditto pj3).. And dead weight guys are gone (fish, Perkins, thabo and as of the playoffs when he forgot how to shoot but brooks played him anyways butler)

With Westbrook healthy for the offseason, unlike last year.. And Durant, ibaka and Reggie Jackson are all healthy.. You would really be surprised?

Last edited:

Not saying the spurs are invincible but they have had success for years. Wasnt Manu hurt in 2011???

Your words:

"Are the Thunder going to wait for some of the Spurs team to retire before winning a chip?"

right. and their version of all in was jrue holiday, tyreke evans, and eric gordon and giving up first round picks and nerlens noel, letting robin lopez go, and trading for omer asik.
I was a fan of Robin Lopez dude was a work horse in the paint. I still believe we should have kept that team and build around AD with them. Vasquez was second in the league in assist. They did my dude dirty with all that talk of him being slow on defense. He was our clutch player.

Your words:

"Are the Thunder going to wait for some of the Spurs team to retire before winning a chip?"
So you think they will win in that time period because you did post all those two years a player was hurt in the playoffs
nerd.gif
 Like I said are the Thunder going to wait for the Spurs to retire some players or Lakers reload before they win a chip??

Good stuff. 

Ah I forgot Adams.

I don't see Bennett taking advantage of the trade exemption though. 

We get rid of Perkins without having to give up something, I'm going to church tomorrow

We get something useable in return I'm doing community service

Your words:

So you think they will win in that time period because you did post all those two years a player was hurt in the playoffs:nerd:  Like I said are the Thunder going to wait for the Spurs to retire some players or Lakers reload before they win a chip??

I think we have a better opportunity to win if Westbrook and ibaka aren't injured.. We aren't beating the spurs without those guys, especially with brooks as the coach

If certain guys aren't with the thunder by the end of the offseason, thus forcing brooks hand with other guys already on the roster.. Then I think the thunder have a better chance at winning

Or you can follow the example set by the spurs and thunder
The Thunder about to be broken up and see how they were cheap when it came to Harden(Still a small market team....watch the fans turn on them). The Spurs have an amazing staff most of the league is not doing what they are doing.

And yet still 3 wcfs in 4 yrs, including one without Harden and possibly 4 in 4 if not for a scrub *** player injuring their all star point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom