2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, there is a link! Damn.
Man, I've came to realize Brooks isn't going anywhere in OKC. As long as Russ and KD are here, they aren't firing the coach.
But...we don't need a coach, just a Spirit officer.
Give us a Big that can get 10 on post, real true post and hell...
@DatZNasty could be the head coach and we'd get the Ring.

Last edited:

There not getting past nobody...offense helps but doesn't win the game man..

harden and Melo will take turns spectating on offense and both spectate on defense??? That's going to work cause Dwight overrated self is there??
No...old Duncan will get at Dwight no problem so will Ibaka..

Melo trying to get to the finals not the wcf..he knows the risk going west is...

noblekane noblekane
Kawhi,diaw and patty mills still very fresh legs, tonys still decent as well as Duncan..Manu will be manu..there not washed yet

Melo goes to Houston give em another year to get to the finals in that case he should just stay in NY..Houston got nobody to clean melo dirty work..will be too funny watching that team loose so much expectations but 0 leadership

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, instead of drafting a rim protector in Nerlens Noel playing for the best bargain in basketball; the rookie contract, and allowing him to grow with your young super star you elect to

trade the 5th pick for a non elite point guard: Jrue Holiday
get rid of a solid bargain Robin Lopez in order to comically overpay Tyreke Evans,
now without a rim protector you get rid of another likely lottery pick to get a rim protector you no longer have, Omir Asik.

and as a side effect of this trade, you are almost capped out with limited flexibility and risk loosing Anthony Morrow.

It's like they are actively avoiding bargains. :x

Now Anthony Davis maybe so danm good that he get make up for this comedy of errors and get the Pelicans into the playoffs BUT

I better not hear a god damn peep out of New Orleans fans if Anthony Davis leaves this idiotic organization at the end of his max extension. :smh:

So let me get this straight, instead of drafting a rim protector in Nerlens Noel playing for the best bargain in basketball; the rookie contract, and allowing him to grow with your young super star you elect to

trade the 5th pick for a non elite point guard: Jrue Holiday
get rid of a solid bargain Robin Lopez in order to comically overpay Tyreke Evans,
now without a rim protector you get rid of another likely lottery pick to get a rim protector you no longer have, Omir Asik.

and as a side effect of this trade, you are almost capped out with limited flexibility and risk loosing Anthony Morrow.

It's like they are actively avoiding bargains. :x

Now Anthony Davis maybe so danm good that he get make up for this comedy of errors and get the Pelicans into the playoffs BUT

I better not hear a god damn peep out of New Orleans fans if Anthony Davis leaves this idiotic organization at the end of his max extension. :smh:

10000% facts. They tried to fast forward the rebuild instead of letting the team grow thru the draft.
STUPID!!!!!

Jesus, what is the GM in New Orleans doing

This was the same team that was gonna trade chris paul for old *** gasol and crack head odom right?

Is the same guy in place there?!?

Seriously, there is no way that guy is still there... Right?
They have new management now.. and apparently all they care about is making $$$ because those dudes have been making some comically bad basketball decisions

While I think New Orleans ends up being decent and will be a playoff team... but that's all I see them being.

Like OKB mentioned and like tons of people said when their deals happened.. you were gifted the next great big man.. and rather than showing a LITTLE patience, you make these moves and now you're stuck with this team straight out of a 2K Fantasy Draft.

The Pelicans are going with the '03 Cleavland Cavaliers plan of surrounding your possibly transcendent superstar talent with garbage then watching him leave the minute he's free agent. :lol:

Anthony Davis is now a squad with no upside, no players to grow with, just mid level vets, who will be old and ****** when he's up for free agency. :smh: :x

Enjoy the first round exit, if you Anthony Davis can drag you there.

Last edited:
i was just thinking the same. they were so worried about getting anthony davis talent so he doesn't leave, they gave out bad contracts to players they clearly overvalued, which is going to hurt their flexibility, and anthony davis might ultimately leave because of it.

At least in the Cavs defense, the team improved pretty quickly.. so their chances of improving through the draft were far more limited. They had Lebron, then the 10 pick in Luke Jackson :lol: and then they were above .500 and weren't adding talent through the draft.

Whereas New Orleans had Davis, were still bad enough to get another top 10 pick 2 years in a row. Noel falling to them was another huge gift.. and they whiffed on that one. And then you give up the #10 pick this year :smh: And you're looking at guys like Saric, Payton, Ennis, McDermott, etc. in that range.

New Orleans could've had Koufos for a lot less money. I'm biased, but I don't think consider Asik better than Koufos.

New Orleans could've had Koufos for a lot less money. I'm biased, but I don't think consider Asik better than Koufos.

nah Asik is bette, he's smarter better rim protection, plus Kosta fouls too much, and Asik still a better finisher when actually catches the ball.

The Pelicans are going with the '03 Cleavland Cavaliers plan of surrounding your possibly transcendent superstar talent with garbage then watching him leave the minute he's free agent. :lol:

Anthony Davis is now a squad with no upside, no players to grow with, just mid level vets, who will be old and ****** when he's up for free agency. :smh: :x

Enjoy the first round exit, if you Anthony Davis can drag you there.
I wouldn't say they're surrounding him with garbage. That team could actually be pretty exciting, Holiday/Gordon/Evans/Davis/Asik with Anderson raining threes off the bench and Eric Gordon's scoring (when he actually plays). And the entire roster is 27 or younger, so they have a lot of room to improve.

However most of their team is injury prone so you can't depend on them longterm, and talentwise that roster simply isn't gonna get it done in the West. They'll be an exciting team to watch but no more.

also giving brian roberts lots of minutes, and refusing to bring up pierre jackson because it would make austin rivers look horrible probably :lol:

^ :lol: Ah of course, I forgot to mention Monty Williams.. dude is not an NBA level head coach, he makes really bad in-game and lineup decisions.

Yet another element holding them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom