2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a second year player...He's not on a max extension
laugh.gif
No I mean when he does sign it when will it end. 

Mark Heisler is reporting that the Celtics might be inclined to trade Rajon Rondo to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.

If all it takes to get Rondo is the 8th pick in this draft? :smh:

I'd love it if the Mavs would find a way to get Rondo. It would take us out of the Melo sweepstakes, but we could still get a guy like Deng. I'd prefer a line-up of Rondo/Monta/Luol/Dirk/Tyson over a line-up of Felton/Monta/Melo/Dirk/Tyson.

As for the Omer Asik deal, it makes sense for the Rockets. He is expendable, and if you're serious about Melo or Bron, you gotta get it done.

I'm biased, but what's more appealing to you as a potential free agent possibility for a guy like Carmelo... Dallas or Houston?

Both teams are in Texas and avoid tax implications.
Both teams have Championship history (Technically, since Dallas won so recently, I'd say that they are a Championship-caliber franchise).
A core of Dirk/Monta/Tyson/Rick Carlisle/Mark Cuban, or a core of Harden/Dwight/Parsons/Morey?

Hell, would LeBron even open his eyes to Dallas maybe? :nerd:

We would give him a max deal, and he could still face his biggest rival in sports. I think the Spurs stings a lot more in his heart since he lost to them twice in the Finals, and the last time much more definitively than Dallas beat him.

The fact this deal was done quickly before draft night have me thinking Phil will make more moves tomorrow.

Paragraph posts about the Mavs. Japanair is back :lol:

A core of dirk/monta/tyson is 2 players pretty close to retiring soon and Monta. Rick Carlisle, you win. How is Marc Cuban that much bigger than Morey and Les Alexander. What does Cuban offer we can't?

I think our youth is our advantage. Longer window to win. Harden entering his prime :pimp:

Last edited:
If it just takes the 8 to get rondo, I'm surprised the Lakers haven't called.
lakers fans don't think that's a good deal.....

Tbh I'm not sure what they would want for the 7th pick now that I think about it. Probably a stud like Anthony Davis who is on his rookie deal still, something along those lines

Davis and Asik is scary defensively, but Demps is a garbage *** GM.

He really wants Davis to leave in five years instead of twelve.

Paragraph posts about the Mavs. Japanair is back :lol:

A core of dirk/monta/tyson is 2 players going to pretty close to retiring soon and Monta. Rick Carlisle, you win. How is Marc Cuban that much bigger than Morey and Les Alexander. What does Cuban offer we can't?

I think our youth is our advantage. Longer window to win. Harden entering his prime :pimp:

There are questions whether Dwight Howard will ever be the Dwight he was in Orlando. And as good as Harden is, does he have the killer instinct to lead his team to a Championship? The Rockets don't have the team basketball mentality that the Spurs and Mavericks have both shown in the past few years to really compete in a dominant Western Conference.

I'm not saying you guys aren't an option, you guys are probably the favorites actually, but I don't think it's a lock that Melo ends up in Houston.

What Dallas offers is a pedigree of winning. Since Dirk has joined that team back in 99, they have won 13 Playoff series' in Dirk's time in Dallas, including three trips to the WCF, and two trips to the Finals. Call me a homer, but I wouldn't have been surprised if the Mavs made it to the Finals last year. There was a fire in a lot of those guys against the Spurs. They played them far better than OKC, the Heat, or Portland did.

Mark Cuban isn't as much of a factor as Rick Carlisle is. He's one of the only coaches in the NBA who can coach just as good as coach Pop. Spoelstra, Brooks, Stotts going to do that? Nope.

NO wanted a PG...

Jrue was a all star. 

They thought he was going to be a superstar PG and decided to take him over the Defensive Big.

WHY? IDK.....

I'll take that presense down low over anything.

They would've had a pick this year and could've scooped up Parker perhaps.

They need someone to score the ball for them. Davis did a lot of that last year, but he can't be your leading scorer if you're going to contend. Melo would be awesome for them. :lol:

Tbh I'm not sure what they would want for the 7th pick now that I think about it. Probably a stud like Anthony Davis who is on his rookie deal still, something along those lines

Because the Lakers wouldn't be able to add anyone else thanks to Mr. $48M. So unless the guy is so good he can carry a team along with a broken Kobe, it's moot.

Individually a guy like Rondo might be more valuable than a seventh pick, but not for the Lakers and their money situation.

They need someone to score the ball for them. Davis did a lot of that last year, but he can't be your leading scorer if you're going to contend. Melo would be awesome for them. :lol:
Yeah, that's what the Demps will probably do, get another guard to get the ball out of Davis' hands even more.

Because the Lakers wouldn't be able to add anyone else thanks to Mr. $48M. So unless the guy is so good he can carry a team along with a broken Kobe, it's moot.

Individually a guy like Rondo might be more valuable than a seventh pick, but not for the Lakers and their money situation.
Strangely enough, I kind of feel the same way with the Kings.

Gay+DMC is a lot of money.

But the Kings being the Kings, I see why they are going after the Rondo's/Josh Smith's of the league via trade when their value is so low rather than free agency since we are such small players in the FA market. So I guess that's why I wouldn't hate it too much.

Why can't Davis be the leading scorer? Duncan was the leading scorer for most of the Spurs title teams, was he not?

At least the Kings have a core, so adding a guy like Rondo might make a difference. Not sure the pieces would fit, but at least they have pieces :lol:

The Lakers' core is Old Kobe. If they're going to cap themselves out on another star, that guy has to bear a huge load (no rck). As good as Rondo is, he can't fill that role. Not many guys can.

Somebody back to hatin on the lakers? Lol did you get banned from the laker thread? :lol:

As for rondo Chris webber didnt want to play in sac and we all saw how that ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom