2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes he can be your leading scorer.
And contend for something?
laugh.gif

If he's averaging 20 PPG, you better have three guys scoring 18-20 PPG right alongside him.

If only they had a guy like Chris Paul...
laugh.gif
He's AVG 20PPG in his sophmore year.

So he can't improve?? 

He's already in his prime??

He already reached his ceiling?

What is it??

I need to know NOW!

Rondo isnt going to LA.

He'll go to SAC if they can get Josh Smith.

Rondo is cool with Demarcus. Both Kentucky Alumni's.

Rondo obviously friends with Josh Smith since high school @ Oak Hill.

That's why Sac was trying to get Josh Smith.

If the kings were to get rondo n smith with gay and cousins somebody gonna die in that lockerroom before the season ends :lol:

Yeah Anthony Davis can be the #1 scoring option for a title team. Just like any other title team you'll need a couple other players putting up 15+.
Unibrow has the total game, he could put up 24-26 with more work.

Yeah Anthony Davis can be the #1 scoring option for a title team. Just like any other title team you'll need a couple other players putting up 15+.

Situations like San Antonio are incredibly rare.

Since the Jordan era, who other than the Spurs have had a two-way big man that led them both defensively and offensively?

The only people you can bring into that conversation are Shaq and Hakeem. Hakeem, Shaq and Tim Duncan. Those are three very big names to be throwing around out there. Tim Duncan has always been apart of a beautifully constructed team. The last two times the Spurs have won, he played second (or even third) fiddle offensively.

When I said leading the team in scoring, I meant it in the Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant kind of way. You're going to have to manage your team flawlessly if you want AD to be the primary option on offense and have him contribute most of the points.

I'm not saying that AD doesn't have the potential to be an All-NBA talent or anything. He absolutely can. But I think asking for him to score 25 PPG is asking a bit much, and considering how the Pelicans have been run recently, I'd hope to see some help come from elsewhere.

JA21 spewing his garbage rhetoric....it's good to have you back.

When I said leading the team in scoring, I meant it in the Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant kind of way.

Last edited:

Since the Jordan era, who other than the Spurs have had a two-way big man that led them both defensively and offensively?

The only people you can bring into that conversation are Shaq and Hakeem. Hakeem, Shaq and Tim Duncan. Those are three very big names to be throwing around out there. Tim Duncan has always been apart of a beautifully constructed team. The last two times the Spurs have won, he played second (or even third) fiddle offensively.

When I said leading the team in scoring, I meant it in the Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant kind of way. You're going to have to manage your team flawlessly if you want AD to be the primary option on offense and have him contribute most of the points.

I'm not saying that AD doesn't have the potential to be an All-NBA talent or anything. He absolutely can. But I think asking for him to score 25 PPG is asking a bit much, and considering how the Pelicans have been run recently, I'd hope to see some help come from elsewhere.
Yeah I'm gonna need you to unsubscribed from this thread.

Just go to bed. Face down.

Anthony Davis just averaged 21 and 10 in his 2nd season at 21 years old.

Why is asking him to score 25+ a bit too much?

Anthony Davis just averaged 21 and 10 in his 2nd season at 21 years old.

Why is asking him to score 25+ a bit too much?
Even if he doesn't, Tim Duncan on his title teams never scored much more than 20-22ppg, but his defensive impact and intangibles were what really anchored those teams. Davis is that caliber of player whose impact will go beyond scoring.

I don't see Carmelo or LeBron going to Dallas or Houston. I don't think either wants to play in the West.

Rondo would go to Sac just for one year? I know he said last year that he wouldn't sign an extension there so I wonder if he changed his mind or if Sac is just rolling the dice.

Thing is that the Warriors, Grizzlies and Mavs barely made the playoffs and they haven't added any key components to improve their rosters (outside the Mavs with today's trade obviously ... If that's even an improvement).

Just really depends on how they're coached. None of their guards are really pass first and EG isn't really a spot up shooter. But they definitely have the talent to make a run

Warriors aint gonna miss the playoffs all of a sudden.. Grizzlies could, especially with the ZBO situation up in the air... Mavs could keep the team as is and definitely make the playoffs.

I think a lot of things have to fall their way (injuries to other teams, down years by other teams) for the Pelicans to make the playoffs. The chemistry just doesn't seem all that great

Warriors barely made the playoffs this year bro. Got waxed in the first round. They're not that good.

But you're right really just depends on the teams chemistry and ego. But I could see them being a good *** team. Their athleticism on the wing is just ridiculous.

Rondo wants to contend.

I highly doubt he goes to SAC. West is too deep.

I honestly think him and melo or him and live or all 3 will try to teamup somewhere.

Or rondo will go to a team a PG away. SAC is definitely not that team.

The Warriors had to deal with injuries all year long. They lost their best wing defender for a extended period then lost their best paint defender right before the playoffs started. I wouldnt call taking the Clippers to 7 games getting waxed either, thats like saying the Spurs waxed the Mavs, or the Pacers waxed the Hawks. None of those things are true and Golden State is a great basketball team, a team on the rise, they just play in the West. They had 51 wins

Warriors barely made the playoffs this year bro. Got waxed in the first round. They're not that good.

But you're right really just depends on the teams chemistry and ego. But I could see them being a good *** team. Their athleticism on the wing is just ridiculous.
losing a 7 game series is getting waxed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom