2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO wanted a PG...
Jrue was a all star. 

They thought he was going to be a superstar PG and decided to take him over the Defensive Big.

WHY? IDK.....

I'll take that presense down low over anything.

They would've had a pick this year and could've scooped up Parker perhaps.

They would've had the 10th pick this year, Nerlens and Holiday pretty much cancel each other out since both missed the majority of the season. NO needed a PG, would you rather have Holiday or Stauskis?

This Asik trade was good until they decided to make the pick top 3 protected rather than lottery protected .. they had the upper hand in the negotitations because Houston was desperate to move Asik's contract but NO still found a way to get fleeced :smh:

The Warriors had to deal with injuries all year long. They lost their best wing defender for a extended period then lost their best paint defender right before the playoffs started. I wouldnt call taking the Clippers to 7 games getting waxed either, thats like saying the Spurs waxed the Mavs, or the Pacers waxed the Hawks. None of those things are true and Golden State is a great basketball team, a team on the rise, they just play in the West. They had 51 wins

What will Kerr do? :nerd:

Last edited:
The Warriors had to deal with injuries all year long. They lost their best wing defender for a extended period then lost their best paint defender right before the playoffs started. I wouldnt call taking the Clippers to 7 games getting waxed either, thats like saying the Spurs waxed the Mavs, or the Pacers waxed the Hawks. None of those things are true and Golden State is a great basketball team, a team on the rise, they just play in the West. They had 51 wins

Warriors fired my man Mark Jackson.. **** them

Smh they did Mark dirty. He was a great coach.

No Bogut this year and no lee previous.

What will Kerr do?
nerd.gif
Theyre getting the 5 seed this year I think, regardless if the Kevin Love deal works out or not, provided they stay healthy of course. I expect a slight drop off for Portland, and if the Warriors end up playing the Rockets or Clippers who IMO are the teams that will end up with the 4 seed, the Warriors will beat them.

For as much as I liked Mark Jackson, his rotations were flat out confusing at times. Having an all bench lineup out there for extended minutes is madness when you dont have anyone on your bench that can really create for themselves. I really wish they never dealt Jarrett Jack

[thread="597358"]1.) y'all swear everyone is shook of the west :rolleyes  :rolleyes  :rolleyes [/thread]
[thread="597358"] [/thread]
[thread="597358"]2.) there are like 5 dudes in the NBA right now who REALLY care about winning chips. 99% of these dudes want the most money & a nice place to live, period.[/thread]

Once you have the money it's really nothing at all. Winning is more important. But at the end of the day they want the most money they can get to secure the future.

That was a dumb comment btw. You spoke to every player??

Dont refer to it as "being shook of the West", but rather that the East sucks. The supposed "second best team", the Indiana Pacers, struggled with the 8th seed Atlanta Hawks. Teams with sub 500 records make the playoffs in the East. Why would you not want to stay there as opposed to the West where every team is a 50 win team and every lower seed has the potential to upset the higher seed.

Dont refer to it as "being shook of the West", but rather that the East sucks. The supposed "second best team", the Indiana Pacers, struggled with the 8th seed Atlanta Hawks. Teams with sub 500 records make the playoffs in the East. Why would you not want to stay there as opposed to the West where every team is a 50 win team and every lower seed has the potential to upset the higher seed.
again, you're making a false assumptions that these dudes actually care if they make the playoffs. or prefer to play where it's "easier" to make the playoffs. missing the playoffs = early vacation dog. outside of spurs, kobe and bron, most of these guys don't care that much dude. they wants those M's, they want a dope location to stunt.......if they could, most players in the L would want to play for the lakers, golden state or clippers just because Cali is such a dope state to be a young millionaire.

Last edited:

again, you're making a false assumption that these dudes actually care if they make the playoffs. missing the playoffs = early vacation dog. outside of spurs, kobe and bron, most of these guys don't care that much dude. they wants those M's, they want a dope location to stunt.......
I agree, basketball is a means to an end for a lot of players, but those arent the players we're talking about here. We are in fact talking about LeBron and Carmelo, players who are going to get paid regardless, so all off their moves regarding teams are based on championship potential. 

I mean if we were talking about Brandon Jennings here then things may be different, dude is chasing those M's point blank period and couldnt care less if he never makes it to the second round probably. 

Lol... Rockets fans need to get out of denial

Lebron IS NOT going to Houston...

I don't think he's coming here either, but if this isn't one of the biggest and realistic plays to get him, then I don't know what is.

again, you're making a false assumptions that these dudes actually care if they make the playoffs. or prefer to play where it's "easier" to make the playoffs. missing the playoffs = early vacation dog. outside of spurs, kobe and bron, most of these guys don't care that much dude. they wants those M's, they want a dope location to stunt.......if they could, most players in the L would want to play for the lakers, golden state or clippers just because Cali is such a dope state to be a young millionaire.

LeBron has like an 80% chance of making the Finals in the East over the next five years.
Carmelo has a much better chance making it in the East than the West.

No one is shook, it's much easier to reach it in the East than West. Not sure what your point was.

Last edited:
Harden doesn't just get calls, his entire game is built on trying to get calls. I hate it, but it works.... In the regular season anyway.
Harden's game is so ugly to watch. It kills the flow of the game and is just an infuriating style of basketball.

before the decision to even resign him:

they traded a pick that could potentially be as high as #4, for a center that is above average on defense, well below average on offense and is due 15 million dollars next year.

Asik is a better option than having a mid lottery pick in next years draft... Not to mention he's an expiring deal so if injuries do occur next year they could easily package him in a deal for something.

This team has a very big chance at being in the playoffs. The ENTIRE team was out last season, AD is going to Improve, Jrue is going to Improve, Anderson will be back... The Pelicans only concern right now should be building a team that can develop a winning culture and be competitive.. Outside of the Thunder no real team has gained anything from having lottery picks year in & year out and keeping a losing mentality.

Not to mention in OKC's case they happened to pick up arguably two of the top 5 players in the NBA.

I don't agree with the contract of Gordon or giving Reke that money... But a YOUNG PG just coming off a AS birth in Jrue for an injured Center with Defensive potential wasn't a bad trade. Asik for what is gonna end up as a mid first rounder isn't a bad trade. Ya'll dudes are in love with the potential of players but truth be told that way of relying soley on the draft is what creates problems & causes for Star players to leave.

Right now they are trying to make the playoffs and get AD & Jrue some experience.... by the time AD is up to be a RES FA, the only contracts they have on the books for another year is Jrue at 10 & Reke at 12. They can easily go into FA with one of the top players in the game and bring in help while still having a pretty good core around him.

before the decision to even resign him:

they traded a pick that could potentially be as high as #4, for a center that is above average on defense, well below average on offense and is due 15 million dollars next year.

Ya'll dudes are in love with the potential of players but truth be told that way of relying soley on the draft is what creates problems & causes for Star players to leave.

Right now they are trying to make the playoffs and get AD & Jrue some experience.... by the time AD is up to be a RES FA, the only contracts they have on the books for another year is Jrue at 10 & Reke at 12. They can easily go into FA with one of the top players in the game and bring in help while still having a pretty good core around him.

Truth. The NBA gave the Cavs 12 picks in the last 4 years, 5 of them being in the top 5, 3 of them being #1, and it still hasn't worked out. Can't always rely on the draft to turn your franchise around.

the trade for jrue was noel AND what turned out to be the 10th pick in this draft (so we'll find out pretty soon who else they could have had along with noel instead of jrue)..

reading what some of you have posted, I get the impression that you think it was just noel for jrue

Last edited:
Probably ends up being someone like Stauskis or McDermott ... regardless, they weren't going to be in a position to take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid/Exum ...

Last edited:

I agree, basketball is a means to an end for a lot of players, but those arent the players we're talking about here. We are in fact talking about LeBron and Carmelo, players who are going to get paid regardless, so all off their moves regarding teams are based on championship potential. 

I mean if we were talking about Brandon Jennings here then things may be different, dude is chasing those M's point blank period and couldnt care less if he never makes it to the second round probably. 
You guys are so naive. You really think Lala cares if her husband wins a ring? be for real. she cares about getting her ugly mug on tv and spending his millions. rings don't mean anything to 99% these players. people ain't built like mj and kobe. would bron love some more rings? sure. does it keep him up at night that he didn't win another last month? absolutely not.

Last edited:
LeBron has like an 80% chance of making the Finals in the East over the next five years.
Carmelo has a much better chance making it in the East than the West.

No one is shook, it's much easier to reach it in the East than West. Not sure what your point was.
ok miss cleo. cool made up future odds btw. 35 y.o. bron won't be in a finals anywhere, unless he's with some young gunners, which you can't even predict at this point.

LeBron was at the end of the bench crying at the end of game 5 I bet he cried into his pillow that night.. so I would say yeah it does keep him up at night losing this last chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom