2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of keeping and whiffing on first rounders like they did during the Chris Paul years, New Orleans is just trading them away for mid-career veterans in the Anthony Davis Era (I'm aware they're two different regimes).

I admire the new approach.

Last edited:
No i know it was for Nerlins & the 10th Pick in this draft... The problem is

1) Nerlins isn't really a good fit next to AD and quite frankly i don't think he will be a AS caliber player.
2) I don't hold the #10 pick in this draft at much value either.

People treat the draft as if having the possibility to draft the Next superstar really is the only option, when in reality we see teams strike out EVERY year in the lottery, and instead of bringing in Vets and getting to the playoffs guys are stuck in a losing culture, and nobody is really developing to their full ability.

Guys who have a hunger to win don't want to hear "just wait 2-3 more years to be competitive we're going to take a chance on this young guy". Players want results, Jrue Holiday already showed a glimpse of what he can be and he's still only 22-23 years old.

Like i said i don't agree with the signing of Gordon or Reke for those prices.... but either way this team at 80% health should fight for a playoff spot & by the time AD is up for an extension they will have plenty of cap going forward to add the big pieces around him.

But as it stands right now, you still have a relatively young team who can learn how to win and improve while winning.

Probably ends up being someone like Stauskis or McDermott ... regardless, they weren't going to be in a position to take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid/Exum ...
let's say they draft noel and sit him for the year.. then the do the smart thing and not say tyreke

who knows where they fall in the lottery, but I assume it's worse than we they would have been now if they still have their pick

then they hold onto lopez as a security blanket for noel (and then you don't trade that pick for asik)

then they move Gordon and Anderson for picks

basically pull what hinkie is doing with the sixers

Last edited:

I agree, basketball is a means to an end for a lot of players, but those arent the players we're talking about here. We are in fact talking about LeBron and Carmelo, players who are going to get paid regardless, so all off their moves regarding teams are based on championship potential. 

I mean if we were talking about Brandon Jennings here then things may be different, dude is chasing those M's point blank period and couldnt care less if he never makes it to the second round probably. 
You guys are so naive. You really think Lala cares if her husband wins a ring? be for real. she cares about getting her ugly mug on tv and spending his millions. rings don't mean anything to 99% these players. people ain't built like mj and kobe. would bron love some more rings? sure. does it keep him up at night that he didn't win another last month? absolutely not.
Man what? What does LaLa have to with this? She has no bearing how Carmelo Anthony feels about winning a championship...... Carmelo isnt basing his career decisions solely on what LaLa wants, I'm sure she has some sort of influence, not enough to the point where he would instantly throw away an opportunity to win a championship for her benefit.

LeBron not winning that chip isnt keeping him up at night? Are you being serious right now bro. Not only did that statement contradict what you said prior, I refuse to believe that you actually think that LeBron James does not care about winning championships, 3 peating, or anything that comes along with that. 

If Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan werent sleeping over losing in 2013, then what is LeBron who has so much more pressure on him to win championships is doing?

Man what? What does LaLa have to with this? She has no bearing how Carmelo Anthony feels about winning a championship...... Carmelo isnt basing his career decisions solely on what LaLa wants, I'm sure she has some sort of influence, not enough to the point where he would instantly throw away an opportunity to win a championship for her benefit.

LeBron not winning that chip isnt keeping him up at night? Are you being serious right now bro. Not only did that statement contradict what you said prior, I refuse to believe that you actually think that LeBron James does not care about winning championships, 3 peating, or anything that comes along with that. 

If Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan werent sleeping over losing in 2013, then what is LeBron who has so much more pressure on him to win championships is doing?

why are you even entertaining that garbage bro?

LeBron has like an 80% chance of making the Finals in the East over the next five years.

Carmelo has a much better chance making it in the East than the West.

No one is shook, it's much easier to reach it in the East than West. Not sure what your point was.

ok miss cleo. cool made up future odds btw. 35 y.o. bron won't be in a finals anywhere, unless he's with some young gunners, which you can't even predict at this point.

I can't tell if you're serious or ******* with me right now.....

East is so weak, LeBron should be in 3 or 4 Finals, out of the next 5. So you make the same amount of money from playing on the East or West, then you get those extra checks for playoff games and going to the Finals. It's not that hard to understand. So, one post you said he cares more about rings and another post you said he cares more about money, in the East....he gets both.

Julius F. Wrek
Did Exum even do private workouts for any teams? Dude is really not trying to reveal anything about himself
laugh.gif

let's say they draft noel and sit him for the year.. then the do the smart thing and not say tyreke

who knows where they fall in the lottery, but I assume it's worse than we they would have been now if they still have their pick

then they hold onto lopez as a security blanket for noel (and then you don't trade that pick for asik)

then they move Gordon and Anderson for picks

basically pull what hinkie is doing with the sixers

Again that's more & more Draft picks & a bunch of cap room.. Which is great when you have a Horrible team, NO is trying to keep one of the best young players in the L there, he obviously doesn't want to sit here & lose for 5 years. At some point you have to bring in proven players and give him a platform to win, this is what they have now.

Of course this isn't a championship team or a contender but they have the players available to compete with teams and make the playoffs that's important in developing their young guys.

Last edited:
45 minutes ago you said "outside of the Spurs, Kobe, and Bron" .. now you're saying rings don't keep Bron up at night ... which one is it?
Lebron has two now. he ain't as hungry to win more. believe me. he ain't got it in him to try to three peat again.
I can't tell if you're serious or ******* with me right now.....

East is so weak, LeBron should be in 3 or 4 Finals, out of the next 5. So you make the same amount of money from playing on the East or West, then you get those extra checks for playoff games and going to the Finals. It's not that hard to understand. So, one post you said he cares more about rings and another post you said he cares more about money, in the East....he gets both.
NT blows the softness of the east out of proportion. why does the east softness ONLY come up in reference to bron? why didn't d howard go to the easy east, why isn't ever big name headed out east? why has the west dominated the game for like 15 years? in that time bron (and boston big 3) is the first to "exploit" the east loophole? stop. dudes go where they go. nobody is factoring this "easy" way to chips in a free agency decision.

Last edited:

Man what? What does LaLa have to with this? ...... Carmelo isnt basing his career decisions solely on what LaLa wants
roll.gif

roll.gif
 you are SO naive. lala calls the shots in that house, period. if she wants to go to LA, he'll be on the lakers next season. if she loves nyc, he'll resign. period. period. period.

I agree, basketball is a means to an end for a lot of players, but those arent the players we're talking about here. We are in fact talking about LeBron and Carmelo, players who are going to get paid regardless, so all off their moves regarding teams are based on championship potential. 

I mean if we were talking about Brandon Jennings here then things may be different, dude is chasing those M's point blank period and couldnt care less if he never makes it to the second round probably. 

You guys are so naive. You really think Lala cares if her husband wins a ring? be for real. she cares about getting her ugly mug on tv and spending his millions. rings don't mean anything to 99% these players. people ain't built like mj and kobe. would bron love some more rings? sure. does it keep him up at night that he didn't win another last month? absolutely not.

dont entertain that troll bro

lakers fans don't think that's a good deal.....

Tbh I'm not sure what they would want for the 7th pick now that I think about it. Probably a stud like Anthony Davis who is on his rookie deal still, something along those lines

Somebody back to hatin on the lakers? Lol did you get banned from the laker thread? :lol:

As for rondo Chris webber didnt want to play in sac and we all saw how that ended.
no hate was intended in that post :lol:

why are you even entertaining that garbage bro?
True, dudes gotta be trolling with this.

I always wondered whos going to take over the 3rd Nike slot when Kobe hangs it up. 

Wiggins 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom