2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming the magic didn't want to deal with other teams.

Cavs could've given them the 33 and a player.
Okc could've given them the late first round pick.

The Magic have agreed to send Arron Afflalo  to the Nuggets for Evan Fournier  and the No. 56 pick, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter).  The Nuggets appear to be absorbing Afflalo into a trade exception, Zach Lowe of Grantland tweets.  A quick glance at this summer’s outstanding trade exceptions would indicate that Denver is using the $9.868MM exception from the Andre Iguodala  deal to take on Afflalo.

Afflalo is set to earn $7.56MM this season and has a player option for 2015/16 at $7.75MM, but it seems likely that he’ll opt out, effectively making his deal an expiring contract.  The haul for the guard may seem light, but that fact could have weighed down his trade value.  Afflalo put up a career-high 18.2 PPG this season in 35 minutes per contest.  His ~46% field goal percentage was right in line with his career average and his 16.0 PER was a full three points higher than his mark last season.

The deal is something of a homecoming for Afflalo, who played for Denver from 2009/10 through 2011/12.  The reunion won’t be short lived, as a source tells Chris Dempsey of the Denver Post (on Twitter) that the 28-year-old will not be flipped to another team in a trade.  Afflalo has been mentioned  as someone the Nuggets were interested in acquiring for the purposes of flipping him to the Wolves in a Kevin Love  deal.

The Magic have agreed to send Arron Afflalo

to the Nuggets for Evan Fournier

and the No. 56 pick, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter
).  The Nuggets appear to be absorbing Afflalo into a trade exception, Zach Lowe of Grantland tweets
.  A quick glance at this summer’s outstanding trade exceptions would indicate that Denver is using the $9.868MM exception from the Andre Iguodala

deal to take on Afflalo.

Afflalo is set to earn $7.56MM this season and has a player option for 2015/16 at $7.75MM, but it seems likely that he’ll opt out, effectively making his deal an expiring contract.  The haul for the guard may seem light, but that fact could have weighed down his trade value.  Afflalo put up a career-high 18.2 PPG this season in 35 minutes per contest.  His ~46% field goal percentage was right in line with his career average and his 16.0 PER was a full three points higher than his mark last season.

The deal is something of a homecoming for Afflalo, who played for Denver from 2009/10 through 2011/12.  The reunion won’t be short lived, as a source tells Chris Dempsey of the Denver Post (on Twitter
) that the 28-year-old will not be flipped to another team in a trade.  Afflalo has been mentioned
 as someone the Nuggets were interested in acquiring for the purposes of flipping him to the Wolves in a Kevin Love

deal.

L.A.F.

I'm assuming the magic didn't want to deal with other teams.

Cavs could've given them the 33 and a player.
Okc could've given them the late first round pick.
okc was willing to give up their 1st (29th pick) for shumpert.. so I'm assuming they would have jumped at the chance to at least do the same for afflalo

Quote:
get out ya feels spade=spade
LOL...  so, instead of just saying, "my bad" you want to continue to be THAT GUY .... you were clearly wrong

I have no feels... I just think it's funny how you tried to clown, yet you were the one that was wrong and didn't even know it.... and now that you do know it, you still trying to play it off...

Lala met Melo right after he won the chip at Cuse and was a lottery lock. like she met him with a snotty nose and dusty pumas in the projects.
indifferent.gif
 melo has made 140 MILLION DOLLARS on the court alone. MTV vj's make like $29,000 a year dawg. 
roll.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
 @ she was paid before they met. she'd be a d list actress making straight to dvd movies if she didn't latch onto that sucker. she's ugly and obnoxious and will absolutely connive and scheme to get him where SHE wants to be. she's a phony with a reality show nobody watches, y'all think she's some genuine wholesome broad? 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Doesn't OKC have the Martin TPE too? Ouch.

I'm assuming they didn't want to take on Afflalo's contract if so.

So, not only would the Cavs have received the 4/12 picks, but there was also a STRONG chance that Afflalo would have opted out at the end of the season?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't OKC have the Martin TPE too? Ouch.

I'm assuming they didn't want to take on Afflalo's contract if so.
basically would have a been a 1 year deal, since he'll probably opt out..

and if by some miracle that perkins rumor is true (which obviously frees up more money)..

Last edited:
So after OKC drafted Durant, they should have traded their next few lottery picks for overpriced vets instead of drafting Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka because they want to "win now" right? Where would they be now if they did that?

NO could have brought in proven players without using their entire salary cap flexibility, and spending big money on players like Tyreke Evans. Davis doesn't want to lose in the first round every year either, and that's what's going to happen (if they even make it) because the Pelicans blew their load and locked themselves into this mediocre core for the forseeable future.

Look around at the league, look at the elite teams. All of them have a core with multiple stars. You can't win with just one superstar, not even Lebron could do that. Not even prime Garnett could win until he played with Pierce/Allen.

Who is the second star on this team? Who is gonna be AD's Westbrook, or Lillard, Harden, Wade? You telling me Jrue Holiday or Tyreke Evans is gonna be that guy? The Pelicans set the bar waay too low, they could have worked on building something much greater but they blew it. Davis is eventually going to get tired of carrying a mediocre team and getting whooped in the first round by stacked teams, and nobody will be surprised when he leaves to form his own super team.

You have one example of a team who drafted and legit got 3 SUPERSTARS out of it (2 of the 3 are top 5 players now)... and with that said still haven't won a championship.

Now go look at the past couple of lotteries and see how many teams have went the route of multiple lottery trips and still have no semblance of a contender.

since 2009 - 2014

Clippers - 3 Lottery picks
Grizzilies - 2 Lottery Picks
Thunder - 1 Lottery Pick
Kings - 6 Lottery Picks
Timberwolves - 6 Lottery Picks
Warriors - 3 Lottery Picks
Knicks - 1 Lottery Pick
Raptors - 4 Lottery Picks
Bucks - 3 Lottery Picks
Nets - 2 Lottery Picks
Bobcats - 5 Lottery Picks
Pistons - 4 Lottery picks
76ers - 5 Lottery Picks
Suns - 3 Lottery Picks
Wizards - 4 Lottery Picks
Jazz - 5 Lottery picks

Now look at all the teams who have over 3 Draft picks in the past 5 years... Clippers, Kings, Wolves, Warriors, Raptors, Bobcats, Pistons, 76ers, Suns, Wizards, Jazz

IN 5 YEARS those teams have combined for a total of 8 Playoff appearances.... 8 in 5 years COMBINED!!!

(* I should also mention that CP3 was added to the clippers who made 3, David Lee & A.I to the warriors who made 2, Al Jefferson to the Bobcats who made 1, Kyle Lowry to the Raptors who made 1)

But your telling me that is a much more effective way of building your team then adding good players through FA & Trade? The amount of failure that comes from stacking young players upon more and more young players is clearly evident in the NBA.

Outside of the Thunder their isn't even one team who's been a consistent playoff team, who was built heavily through the draft. So once again how is the pelicans sucking for 5 years straight a better gameplan to develop and keep AD than putting together a competitive playoff team and then adding pieces later?

Last edited:
LOL @ Kendrick Perkins being relevant during free agency....

where's Chris Broussard been the past 48 hours ... *****'s lack of info being exposed right now

Julius F. Wrek
Aftter how bad Thunder fans wanted this guy to this happen.... EVAN FOURNIER 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. You're my dude Julius but still 
roll.gif
roll.gif
literally ruined my day..

laugh.gif

So, not only would the Cavs have received the 4/12 picks, but there was also a STRONG chance that Afflalo would have opted out at the end of the season?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The Cavs are the Cavs man. In Dion Wiaters they trust I guess

Julius F. Wrek
I'm sorry breh. 

**** Melo and Bron....

want my Mavs to get Deng and a defensive minded guard.... DAHT'ALL

we accomplish that, we make a run for the Western Conference Title....

Yea, **** Lebron and Melo, but give me Luol Deng...LOL.

That Afflalo trade reminds me of the Anquan Boldin trade, practically just giving him away without alerting other teams. The Magic could've gotten way more than a Fournier

I think some are forgetting Afflalo was balling at the beginning of the year but saying he was only getting buckets because he was on Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom