2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo to Kings for #8? I'll accept it, under 1 condition. That's if we pick up Julius Randle.

Please Celtics do it.....

What does any of that stuff even mean Julius
laugh.gif
are they trying to say he's overrated? overpaid?
laugh.gif

I'm trying to cope man.

Basically it means his defense is kinda boo boo.

Julius F. Wrek

ha-ha-ha

good try "@CP1708  "
so hypo of smart, kobe, melo is better than rondo, kobe, melo? 
grin.gif
 I'm not current or former member and I don't understand the scrutiny I'm getting. check the ip address for all I care. I'm trying to contribute. just stop with the lame *** conspiracies

Last edited:
^Well yeah, that's because the Magic as a team had a net negative season, for the most part all their players were outplayed in the majority of their games.

RAPM factors all that into account, it's not a perfect stat (no catch all stat is) but it illuminates some things

Last edited:
I'm trying to contribute. just stop with the lame *** conspiracies

Lala met Melo right after he won the chip at Cuse and was a lottery lock. like she met him with a snotty nose and dusty pumas in the projects. :stoneface:  melo has made 140 MILLION DOLLARS on the court alone. MTV vj's make like $29,000 a year dawg. :rofl:  :rofl:   :stoneface:  :rofl:  @ she was paid before they met. she'd be a d list actress making straight to dvd movies if she didn't latch onto that sucker. she's ugly and obnoxious and will absolutely connive and scheme to get him where SHE wants to be. she's a phony with a reality show nobody watches, y'all think she's some genuine wholesome broad? :stoneface:  

:rofl:  :rofl:  you are SO naive. lala calls the shots in that house, period. if she wants to go to LA, he'll be on the lakers next season. if she loves nyc, he'll resign. period. period. period.

it's obvious. dude is whipped by that obnoxious gold digger.

So Golden State failed by drafting Curry and Klay? Portland failed by drafting Aldridge, Lillard, and Batum? Pacers failed by drafting George, Hibbert, and Stephenson? Washington failed by drafting Wall and Beal? Spurs failed by drafting Leonard and Splitter (I won't even bring up Duncan/Parker/Manu because I'm sure you'll say that's just luck)?

You claim that model doesn't work, or that OKC got lucky. So tell me, what team became successful following the Pelicans model? What rebuilding team became successful by trading all their lottery picks and handing out a bunch of bad contracts?

If you're going to make moves, get players who are actually good and pay them their appropriate value. Handing out massive contracts to the likes of Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon will get you nowhere fast.

The Pelicans haven't even made the playoffs yet, and they already have no capspace. It's not even like Golden State where they saw how good they were first, and decided to make that next step and add an Igoudala, etc. The Pelicans have no idea how good their core actually is relative to the rest of the West. You better hope the team is actually good enough to make the playoffs this year, and that none of their numerous injury-prone players go down, because they have no flexibility moving forward.

Their Model is the same thing Portland did, The Same thing San Antonio did... you build a competitive team and rely on the draft without completely being a bum squad year in & year out. Nobody is saying disregard the draft, i'm saying that you can get playoff experience and still build by acquriring picks in the later portions of the first round.

Once The Bulls Realized the Talent they had with Rose, they set on to build a team around him and build, not sit with a bunch of rookies every year wishing on a star

The Cavs realized they had a special Talent with Lebron, made the decision to have a competitive team, Not sit with a bunch of rookies every year wishing on a star

The Nuggets with Melo Same thing, The Spurs with Duncan same thing, Blazers with L.A same thing, PG in Indy same thing.

When you have a Talent that is going to be a perrenial All-Star & MVP candidate you don't sit around and twiddle your thumbs and negating the attempt to improve for the sake of getting lottery picks. I just showed you how that has worked for teams who attempted that route. You make improvements every year, you add players who can grow with your star, you build towards a winning mindset. Not leave him on a team of bums geared to lose 50-60 games every year.

And once again how do they have no flexibility going Forward? By the year AD becomes a Restricted FA they have 2 players signed under contract & those are only one year deals. Not to mention the players that they signed as of now (Jrue, Evans, Gordon) will only be 28-30 by the time his contract is up and will actually be in their primes. You guys are acting as if they signed a bunch of 30+ year old players to 7 year deals.

This teams core players are ( 21, 23, 24, 25) yet somehow these are horrible or immovable pieces?

You claim you should get players who are good, (Hm one was an AS at 21, the other two have proven to be 20 PPG scorers at the NBA level) yet you insist on gambling on guys who you HOPE could even attain that level of success. (Which ONCE again those stats show isn't highly likely).

Not to mention that you fools continuously forget that this is a BUSINESS first and that teams don't make money and can't afford to keep Star players if they don't start winning.

Josh Robbins, the Orlando Sentinel beat writer, explains Orlando's potential line of thinking.

Orlando liked Fournier back in 2012 and he was drafted right before Nicholson
They probably wouldn't have re-signed Afflalo when he became a FA so they wanted to get something for him
The potential trade for the #1 probably wasn't as close as some might have thought
They'll have close to 28 million in cap space if they waive some players.. but they don't expect to be big players in free agency this summer.

The question is whether or not you could have gotten something better. Maybe a late 1st round pick? But if you like Fournier better than anyone in the late 1st round then it's a better deal. What would OKC or Chicago have given them? Maybe another contender could give something more? Perhaps but Hennigan is definitely one to get something for his players before they hit FA.. like he did with JJ. So maybe the other offers weren't as interesting.

I just hope they don't overpay and try to sign guys just to sign them. I know you can't keep being terrible and hoping these young crop of guys develop into something, but use that cap space wisely and be patient.

Last edited:

since when did Drummond sign with Jordan Brand???

a few days ago
I like it. Good for the kid

yup, was gonna post it in here but thought no one would care

i thought it was obvious early in the season that he got signed since all he wore was retros for about 3/4 of the season then he randomly started wearing Nike PE's for the rest of the season. Glad hes on JB, hope they give him some sick Pistons colored retros but they will most likely give him some team garbage :x

Exactly... Those teams didn't just build through the draft and get their core.. The Spurs have constantly been bringing in Veteran players throughout the years (not to mention a once a generation cornerstone through the whole tenure)

The Bulls Have also signed Veterans to nice contracts along the way and they are still not a championship contender. This myth that building from the draft is gonna turn you into a great team has got to stop. Sucking for years and having a stockpile of young talent isn't going to turn your team into a contender and all the Proof showcases that.

Repped

It's amazing what we fans can convince ourselves of, people are hyping up the draft and lottery like 1984 and 2003 happen every year :smh:

:x to make it even worse teams wanna tank an entire season for some undeveloped 1 year college players that won't contribute right away anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom