2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ ESPN still talking about the Magic trading Afflalo to trade UP

I swear I hate this network... they recycle the same ****** talking points all ******* day with no useful info

Your doin it wrong

ESPN isn't meant nor programmed to be watched all day.

Not every team has the luxury of having elite stars want to come play for them so it benefits them to build through the draft. I have no problem with NO spending, just don't like how they've done it.

Let robin Lopez go. Draft nerlens. Trade nerlens. Eventually trade for Asik. Meanwhile giving up 1st round picks the whole time.

Signing tyreke, and EG to all that money, and trading for Jrue. They built a 2k roster. They'll have cap room when AD becomes a FA, but what if this team sucks and he's tired of being there?

I don't mind the spending, just think they did it foolishly.

If the team sucks then they suck i just find it hard to believe a team with a Rapidly Improving guy like AD along with a borderline AS PG who will continuously get better, A PF in Ryan Anderson who fits Perfectly with Davis, along with a career 20 ppg guy & Evans can not ATLEAST be in contention for a playoff spot. However their is a possibility that they can suck your correct.

However considering the way the majority of the Draft goes there is a bigger chance drafting Nerlins, the 10th Pick in this draft, & a late lottery pick in next years draft also sucking by miles more.

In Jrue you have a big PG, who's giving you 18,6, has been a AS in the League & A great Defender, he's 23
In Gordon you have a 20 PPG scorer, who can create for himself and knock down shots from the outside, he's 25
In Evans You have a guy who could handle the ball and also create for others, Can get to the basket and has career averages of 16 5 & 5, he's 24

With Nerlins, the 10th this year, & a possible lottery picks next year you would be hardpressed to find this kind of production from a trio even if you give them 3-4 years, because outside of the Thunder no other team has gotten close too drafting this amount of Talent in the Lottery.

Now i won't argue for a second that both Gordon & Reke are a bit overpaid for their services, but when your in a market like N.O your not really going to be an option for the Major Players in FA... So regardless if we think these two are overpaid we can't act like they are complete trash players they are more than capable Starters and they haven't touched their prime yet.

If NO was out spending money on Players who are 30+ and on the decline i would bash them, but for the position their in I think they've put together a hell of a competitive team while AD continues to Blossom into the player everyone thinks he will become. And those contracts and the added experience of winning games won't do anything but help them when his time comes to be a FA rather then hurt them.

I'm really interested in what the Knicks do tonight because that Trade Phil made is stupid going forward so i would hope he has more plans

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink - spot on again about NO. I just wish they made the Asik pick lottery protected and took someone else besides Rivers at #10 a few years back. Other than that can't be mad at the movies they're trying to make. The key with this squad will be health.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in what the Knicks do tonight because that Trade Phil made is stupid going forward so i would hope he has more plans

The thinking now is that Caldo fits in the triangle, is a good PG, and can recruit Marc and Pau. So he might be here for the long term.

Also, seems like Phil wants to keep Shump and rather move Larkin for that 1st round pick instead.

Last edited:
trynafeelmink trynafeelmink - spot on again about NO. I just wish they made the Asik pick lottery protected and took someone else besides Rivers at #10 a few years back. Other than that can't be mad at the movies they're trying to make. The key with this squad will be health.

Yea I really though Rivers was gonna pan out too :lol:. I also agree that they were better off signing Robin Lopez to a long deal instead of getting Asik as a one year rental... Although i do see them possibly getting rid of Asik over the season.

The thinking now is that Caldo fits in the triangle, is a good PG, and can recruit Marc and Pau. So he might be here for the long term.

Also, seems like Phil wants to keep Shump and rather move Larkin for that 1st round pick instead.

You think Larkin is bringing back a first round pick this year?

I see that but i figured Phil was gonna continue to make Room for FA next year when everyone is off the books (assuming Melo isn't coming back). It's real risky of a trade to me because 1) Calderon is getting paid 7.5 a year for the next 3 yrs 2) he's worse than Felton on the Defensive side of the ball.

However i do like the pick up of Larkin, i think he's gonna be a pretty good PG in the league.

as bad as a defender as Calderon is.... at least he TRIES... I give him that much

the effort is always there... he's just not good at it

Ellington is going to enjoy NY if it's re-build mode... son would LOVE to have the green-light to Chucktown

He's not worse than Felton on the defensive end. Me and you could have done a better job.

Whispers of Larkin for Thunders 21st or 29th. Which is the exact deal that was there for Shump. I rather keep Shump if thats the case.

I don't watch it all day...

point is, no matter when you tune in its the same cliche nonsense being spouted repeatedly....

It's freaking draft day!

Lol I'm sayin, you want them to make up news?

Ain't that much sports in the world.

Unless you want them to cover more women college lacrosse.

Or maybe some Ugandan cricket.

It's freaking draft day!

nevermind man...

you took that WAY LEFT .... missed the point completely

not sure if posted

Nick Young - G/F - Lakers

Nick Young said "there will be a riot" if the Lakers don't do something to bring him back next season.

"They love me. The fans love me," Young said. The team officially announced that Young has opted out of his deal and is now an unrestricted free agent. The Lakers are certainly going to at least entertain bringing him back, but they'll likely exhaust all options for the big-name free agents before turning to Swaggy P.

roll.gif

I don't watch it all day...

point is, no matter when you tune in its the same cliche nonsense being spouted repeatedly....
It's freaking draft day!

An NCAA school won their first EVER men's championship last night in one of the 4 major American sports; they could talk about that more.

And yes, I would love to see more women's sports on ESPN, but... yeah, I know.

not sure if posted

Nick Young - G/F - Lakers

Nick Young said "there will be a riot" if the Lakers don't do something to bring him back next season.

"They love me. The fans love me," Young said. The team officially announced that Young has opted out of his deal and is now an unrestricted free agent. The Lakers are certainly going to at least entertain bringing him back, but they'll likely exhaust all options for the big-name free agents before turning to Swaggy P.

roll.gif
reality

Nick Young

I bet that little asian lady who sits courtside at the Lakers games doesn't even know who Swaggy P is ....

ain't NOBODY checking for him...   that boy lost his damn mind

Those are all big signings and contributed to the championship, but further it's the fact they bought in so many of them because their big 3 are all making far below their worth and players want to play there. They combine to make only 30 mil. For comparison's sake, Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka next season will add up to ~47ms, then Perkins next of course with his 9 ms. If you want to consider Splitter part of the big 3 since he makes more than Manu, still only ~33mil for their top 3 contracts.
I wasnt talking about "big" in terms of impact (obviously all of those guys had a huge impact).. I was talking about the amounts they were signed for and the circumstances they were coming out of when they signed

I bet that little asian lady who sits courtside at the Lakers games doesn't even know who Swaggy P is ....

ain't NOBODY checking for him...   that boy lost his damn mind
teams that need scoring like CHI might take a look at him. MIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom