2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just a matter of preference. If I was a small market team i'd tank the right way for 3 years straight. If I was in a larger market, maybe 1 year of tanking tops.

If a draft is really that weak i'd trade my high pick for a lower pick and assets. It all depends.

Last edited:
Exactly... Those teams didn't just build through the draft and get their core.. The Spurs have constantly been bringing in Veteran players throughout the years (not to mention a once a generation cornerstone through the whole tenure)

The Bulls Have also signed Veterans to nice contracts along the way and they are still not a championship contender. This myth that building from the draft is gonna turn you into a great team has got to stop. Sucking for years and having a stockpile of young talent isn't going to turn your team into a contender and all the Proof showcases that.
Repped

It's amazing what we fans can convince ourselves of, people are hyping up the draft and lottery like 1984 and 2003 happen every year
mean.gif

sick.gif
to make it even worse teams wanna tank an entire season for some undeveloped 1 year college players that won't contribute right away anyway.
Thank you.

Totally agree w/ all of it, both of you (especially that last line, MJSaver).

as a fan of a team that has been tanking for the better part of a decade...........

I like seeing my team be aggressive in trade talks and signings.

There comes a point, where gambling through the draft and lotto isn't worth it.

There's three ways to get talent; the draft, free agency and trades.

For a lot of teams, the draft is the most realistic and cost effective way to acquire talent.

You don't tank for a decade... that just means you're a either a bad franchise or have terrible luck.

Not every team has the luxury of having elite stars want to come play for them so it benefits them to build through the draft. I have no problem with NO spending, just don't like how they've done it.

Let robin Lopez go. Draft nerlens. Trade nerlens. Eventually trade for Asik. Meanwhile giving up 1st round picks the whole time.

Signing tyreke, and EG to all that money, and trading for Jrue. They built a 2k roster. They'll have cap room when AD becomes a FA, but what if this team sucks and he's tired of being there?

I don't mind the spending, just think they did it foolishly.

You don't tank for a decade... that just means you're a either a bad franchise or have terrible luck.
a combination of bad franchising and literally the worst possible luck in the lottery. 

how long should I give the new ownership to turn around the franchise before condemning them?

Last edited:
Actually i take that back. The cp3 vii was actually a cool looking shoe

i dont remember which one but i think i only liked one CP3 shoe

every other signature shoe from them has been a waste of time, materials, and money

giving players PE retros>>>>>>

Nah its cool for you dudes who like jordans to look at but everyone dreams of having their own sig shoe

Michael jordan rather have man slaves pimpin out his shoes. With his ego i dont doubt that one bit.

I can just imagine jordan treating jabari and drummond like chamillionaire :lol:

IMO, a lot of JB shoes are decent, they just make way too many models. The CP3 VIs and VIIs have been nice and the Superfly 2s, which is what Griffin wore this season, are really good to play in. But most of what JB releases is pretty weak.

Nah its cool for you dudes who like jordans to look at but everyone dreams of having their own sig shoe

Michael jordan rather have man slaves pimpin out his shoes. With his ego i dont doubt that one bit.

I can just imagine jordan treating jabari and drummond like chamillionaire
laugh.gif
Agreed, I would take a pair of Air Antidopes over a PE retro that I could really have painted if I felt like it.

The deal would be #37 and Salmons for Prince and #22.

Salmons contract is partially non guaranteed, so if the Grizz waived him they would only have to pay $1M. That in itself is worth trading #22. Not to mention, the players the Grizz are looking will possibly be there at #37 as well. Guys like Russ Smith, Stokes, GRIII, etc.

Grizz essentially would have about $23M in cap room if they make this deal with Zbo opting out and waiving Salmons.

Last edited:
If we are able to make this deal, it'll make me feel so much better about the direction of the team just knowing that we are looking for a major upgrade at the SF position. Now, I just hope they don't look to give Zbo too much money or just let him walk.

they have brought in vets on the cheap..

or do you think diaw and marco were big signings?

or danny green when they got him out of Europe or whatever?

or patty mills wherever the hell they got him
Diaw was HUGE signing, zing.

The real SA Big Three are Boris Diaw and his boobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom