2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zbo extension was not too bad, but I still think his on the court value is very overrated. At the end of the day, I knew we were going to keep him so to get him on that type of contract was okay....I guess.

Manu money is like 7 million. You want Wade to drop from 20 million to 7 million?
lol nah but it would benefit the team if he took like 12 mill for like 5 yrs or so, as oppose to taking 18-20 or so over the next 2 yrs and the team not having flexibility to make trades, and end up losing bron and bosh.

Thats a huge paycut considering hes not a free agent

Tim and Manu were free agents, they didnt walk away from that much money

But I doubt the Heat would give him a 5 year contract

Felton and B wright for Rondo works financially.
laugh.gif
Cuban throws in future picks and cash too to sweeten the deal.
Actually forgot the Mavs had $3MM to work with. I'm no CBA expert, but looks like for Rondo's salary ($13MM), we can receive 100% + $5MM = send out $8mil? Looks like that works. 

Rondo and Ellis in the backcourt could be tough due to the lack of shooting, but Rondo's D, both of their playmaking abilities, and Carlisle's coaching could equal success. Pipe dreams..

The Heat could actually reduce their risk exposure by using the Stretch Provision towards the end of his contract. 

I still can't see the landing spot for Lance besides the Pacers, maybe the Lakers.

LA need to just take the risk and overpay Lance, try to grab Gortat or Ariza (preferably Gortat but he gonna want that bag) and Patty Mills.

Lance & Kobe would be prime theatre.

what if LA signs Lance and Bledsoe? And just make ends meet at center to a better big comes along? Washington would be foolish to let Gortat leave, but you can't overpay him either.

i thnk riley would... he already said he wants wade the be a heat for life..... and granted it is a 30% haircut... but less be honest the heat are being nice to wade... wade isnt getting a mx deal in the free market... nor would he get a long term big payout deal in the free market. 

No team is paying wade 20-22 for 2/3 yrs.... and no team is paying him 13-15 for a 5/6 yr deal. I mean to be honest the heat kinda have wade by the balls if they wanted to play it that way. They really could force the issue and call him on his bluff...on some ok well take 12 from us 5 yrs, or go out and see if you can get 20-22/23 a yr or 2/3 yrs in the free market.

Thing is riley etc... have love/respect for the man and dont wanna do him that way. But if it got axx to grass i wouldnt be surprise if riley and co. pushed the issue.

how many big back courts can even take advantage of that mismatch?
Not many, imo. Rondo is a great defender. Ellis is.. average to below average. The only issue here is floor spacing in the backcourt due to the lack of 3 point shooting.

Wade deserve the statue outside AA arena.

Should be the pic of him smiling at Lance.

Last edited:

i thnk riley would... he already said he wants wade the be a heat for life..... and granted it is a 30% haircut... but less be honest the heat are being nice to wade... wade isnt getting a mx deal in the free market... nor would he get a long term big payout deal in the free market. 

No team is paying wade 20-22 for 2/3 yrs.... and no team is paying him 13-15 for a 5/6 yr deal. I mean to be honest the heat kinda have wade by the balls if they wanted to play it that way. They really could force the issue and call him on his bluff...on some ok well take 12 from us 5 yrs, or go out and see if you can get 20-22/23 a yr or 2/3 yrs in the free market.

Thing is riley etc... have love/respect for the man and dont wanna do him that way. But if it got axx to grass i wouldnt be surprise if riley and co. pushed the issue.

They aren't being nice to him

Its a mutual being nice to each other because Wade has the Heat by the balls too for the next 2 years.

I could see pat offering wade 10 mil if he opts out and wade being forced to take it
laugh.gif
lol its kinda funny but f' up... in theory wade deserves more, but lets be real no one would trade for wade, nor would they be willing to offer him a big contract short term... or a balloon type payment long term. 

Thats what kills me about the lakers. As much as i respect kobe and all, the lakers easily couldve forced his hand.... Kobe wouldnt get 50 mill in the free market. But the lakers didnt want to risk losing that fanbase/tv deal... but with wade.. if you keep lebron, lets be real wade would be an afterthought

There's zero chance wade or bosh opt out to resign smaller deals, and pat stiffs then when they opt out. Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom