2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
This convo again huh? LOL bump the Heat/Cavs haters thread, wipe your tears and get over it

Last edited:
Welp.

Regular season right around corner so the LeBron arguments starting up again.
laugh.gif

The "Akron is not Cleveland" excuse has to be the worst. No **** they're are not the same city but come on man! it's the same damn place. It's like saying "Hey I'm not from New York City I'm from Yonkers" or "Hey I'm from Long Beach, not LA" if some athlete left there.

LeBron left for championships and a super team and he came back for those same reasons. That's it, point blank (I think that's kind if weak) but That's the type of person LeBron is. Just have to accept it and keep it moving, everyone can't be MJ. He is who he is, and I'm still going to watch.

Long Beach isn't LA though...

The "Akron is not Cleveland" excuse has to be the worst. No **** they're are not the same city but come on man! it's the same damn place. It's like saying "Hey I'm not from New York City I'm from Yonkers" or "Hey I'm from Long Beach, not LA" if some athlete left there..

That's 1000% false. Of course you wouldn't know that because you aren't from here but believe me, the difference between Akron and Cleveland is very noticeable. Two totally different identities.

Long Beach isn't LA though...

This...Inglewood ain't hawthorne, Carson ain't compton. 8 mile ain't 7 mile, zone 3 aint zone 4 and on and on

:lol: It's funny cause y'all don't get the bigger point.

Y'all are probably the type who haven't been around much huh? Same type of thing the dude from Akron/Cleveland only understands :lol:

See y'all when the season starts, dudes are right. I'm out

Last edited:
Cleveland knows Lebron leaving was NOT because they didn't put a Title Team around him but, THAT THEY DIDNT EVEN ATTEMPT TO TRY to put a Title Team around him.

They learned their lesson and you can see that with what they are putting around him this time around. They'd bring in Jesus if Lebron wanted him on the team.

Way to learn from your mistakes Cleveland.

Lebron was able have his cake and eat it too. Who cares. The NBA is now in a totally different climate than what the real 'loyal' guys had to play in. Jordan also signed himself into an 8 year deal early on. Was prepared to leave the Bulls in '96 and also had the power to nix a Pippen trade in '97 that would have cost him the last title. Started to exude some power, no? Give these old timers the same type of leverage the current stars hold, they'd likely do the same things. Duncan, Kobe and Dirk are the last stand. It's just not very feasible (or sensible) to stay in one place for 15 years+. Going to take a willingness to take less money and have a great organization to make it worthwhile.

Lebron was able have his cake and eat it too. Who cares. The NBA is now in a totally different climate than what the real 'loyal' guys had to play in. Jordan also signed himself into an 8 year deal early on. Was prepared to leave the Bulls in '96 and also had the power to nix a Pippen trade in '97 that would have cost him the last title. Started to exude some power, no? Give these old timers the same type of leverage the current stars hold, they'd likely do the same things. Duncan, Kobe and Dirk are the last stand. It's just not very feasible (or sensible) to stay in one place for 15 years+. Going to take a willingness to take less money and have a great organization to make it worthwhile.
The new generation taking control of their careers. Sure its cool to stay with one team, but now all teams are like the Lakers or Spurs.

The "Akron is not Cleveland" excuse has to be the worst. No **** they're are not the same city but come on man! it's the same damn place. It's like saying "Hey I'm not from New York City I'm from Yonkers" or "Hey I'm from Long Beach, not LA" if some athlete left there..

That's 1000% false. Of course you wouldn't know that because you aren't from here but believe me, the difference between Akron and Cleveland is very noticeable. Two totally different identities.

Two different different identities and very noticeable? Dude sit down.

Cats be from the Heights talking about the City.

If you're not from either Akron or Actual Cleveland, you really have no say to compare. How would you know? I was raised in the city of Cleveland, and worked in Akron for a while.

How are the identities different when people from both Cleveland and Akron cheer for the same sport teams? And the same restaurants, same common points of interest, same constructively built homes.

They're very similar actually. Only 35-40 minutes apart from each other.

I'm tired of this convo. Move on already.

Last edited:
unrelated, but thats been one of my favorite sayings for the last few months now 
laugh.gif

I have to keep reminding myself that they just signed a guy that averaged 20 ppg last season in Isaiah Thomas.

He really averaged 20 pts?!

+ Boston needa a great start if we wanna have shot at 8th/7th seed in the playoffs. Rondo gets me annoyed. Why would you try to break your fall with your hands? Use your forearms or somethin'. We need Rondo 100% to stand a chance. I'm so angry right now.

if him running back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie

View media item 1197035

I'm saying. Dudes just don't get it: he's the type of person/athlete that knows it takes a solid squad to win multiple rings.

My quoting of @CoupeIt88
 may have been misconstrued.

I agree with Coupe, its weak.
I know what you meant. I was disagreeing by agreeing, saying "We see what kind of player/athlete he is," which is 'the kind who wants to collect rings, and knows that he needs to be a part of a solid roster."

Last edited:
:lol: It's funny cause y'all don't get the bigger point.

Y'all are probably the type who haven't been around much huh? Same type of thing the dude from Akron/Cleveland only understands :lol:

See y'all when the season starts, dudes are right. I'm out

Actually, I've been around a lot. Been to other countries, regions, etc. Doesn't make Santa Monica or Culver City any closer to Inglewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom