2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with LeBron was the way he handled it. That not 5 nonsense. That whole display was immature and egotistical. But he had every right to leave and pursue a better basketball opportunity. I just wish he did it like a grown up normally would.

Yeah, I agree with this 100%

Lebron had every right to play wherever he wished to play. But he didn't need to go ahead and make a huge spectacle out of it. I can't believe some guys considered that "courage" :lol:

Last edited:

It's really quite simple, LeBron elevated those pieces around him in Cleveland to levels they would have never reached with any other superstar, Kobe included.

The LeBron effect is real

The team success, the 60 wins, thank LeBron. Coach Brown, thank LeBron.
But not effective enough to finish the deal by winning a title or two with those elevated pieces that fared very well in the regular season.

If that was 100% true the Heat woulda never lost a series the 4 years he was there , that Miami team was exponentially more talented and even had an NBA champ and finals MVP on the roster already with a top power forward for good measure.

If the Bron affect was that real they'd be going for 5 in a row right now.
Who the hell mentioned the Heat in my post? Lol. I was speaking on the Cleveland situation, which has nothing to do with the Miami situation.

With the Heat, they really weren't a "super team" for more than a year or two anyway.
Ohhh were playing the give Lebron all the credit and none of the blame game again , cool.
Not at all, the Cavs' pieces fit in well with LeBron and did their part.. to an extent.

I agree. The Cavs won 60+ games the last two seasons LeBron was with the Cavs the first time. That doesn't happen if he didn't have talent around him in a "weak" eastern conference. LeBron and the Cavs just couldn't seal the deal when it counted.
Regular season =/= playoffs

I thought that was obvious

If that was 100% true the Heat woulda never lost a series the 4 years he was there , that Miami team was exponentially more talented and even had an NBA champ and finals MVP on the roster already with a top power forward for good measure.

If the Bron affect was that real they'd be going for 5 in a row right now.

The lebron affect has nothing to do with d wades knees

I haven't been in here much so I don't know if I missed this but who are the Cavs looking to use the trade exception and unguaranteed contracts for?

Ohhh were playing the give Lebron all the credit and none of the blame game again , cool.
That's the game always played. Can't wait til the "if kyrie and love could defend better, they would have won" type excuses. Every little excuse to save lebron

I haven't been in here much so I don't know if I missed this but who are the Cavs looking to use the trade exception and unguaranteed contracts for?
Not sure, but it gives them the ability to deal without going into the luxury tax, which was the main reason it was done.

They can probably deal for a center like Timofey Mozgov or a sign and trade for Emeka Okafor mid season.

My biggest problem with LeBron was the way he handled it. That not 5 nonsense. That whole display was immature and egotistical. But he had every right to leave and pursue a better basketball opportunity. I just wish he did it like a grown up normally would.
I mean, you hype up a guy since he was 15, nationally televise his high school games, give him SI covers, and crown him King James. Then, ESPN gives him the special to announce the decision. What did you guys really expect? He's responsible, but ESPN created the whole hype around the free agency and gave him the platform in order to cash out on the viewership, which they did. 

I thought that was obvious
The lebron affect has nothing to do with d wades knees
This absolutely correct, Miami felt giving Wade more rest at the expense of riding LeBron and Bosh, would benefit them come playoff time and it appeared to have worked vs Charlotte. Then it all absolutely collapsed, as Wade's efficiency fell off a cliff unexpectedly. In the Finals, he would've been much better served coming off the bench and the Spurs movement on offense left him helpless and effectively made the heat defend 5 against 4 on the defensive side.

It was very sad to see Wade not be able to plant or even run up the court. :smh:

The Heat's MO was gambling on defense and relying on the weakside help to eliminate buckets at the rim and/or close out on the perimeter, to which they could do neither vs San Antonio. They were gassed and down one of their most impactful players in Wade, but Spoelstra left his corpse out there, while watching his team take reeling shots literally.

Yeah, I agree with this 100%

Lebron had every right to play wherever he wished to play. But he didn't need to go ahead and make a huge spectacle out of it. I can't believe some guys considered that "courage" :lol:

considering the massive PR backlash he took, becoming the most hated athlete in america for like 3 years, for what else would you call forgoing tradition and expectations and making the correct decision in the face incredible negativity?

For him to do what he did knowing full well how much backlash would come takes courage. 

Garbage pieces that got the job done
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sounds like an oxymoron I don't think garbage pieces can get the job done, which is why they're garbage in the first place

Put a garbage part under the hood of your car and see if it " gets the job done ".
STRONG post to sn ratio.

And I know you're a Kobe fan, so that's 2 reasons why there's no reason why anyone should try to get you to look at this Lebron thing more fairly.

Some of y'all are more mad and upset with LeBron then heat fans :lol: I wish nothing but the best for him. Expect for when he plays us. And when kyrie gets hurt like he always does he'll have to shoulder the load yet again and I don't wanna hear any complaining from him.

Garbage pieces that got the job done :lol: :lol:

Sounds like an oxymoron I don't think garbage pieces can get the job done, which is why they're garbage in the first place

Put a garbage part under the hood of your car and see if it " gets the job done ".
STRONG post to sn ratio.

And I know you're a Kobe fan, so that's 2 reasons why there's no reason why anyone should try to get you to look at this Lebron thing more fairly.

So predictable Ska but hey when you've got nothing else I guess something is better than nothing in your book.

Me being a Kobe fan has nothing to with the conversation and it's a copout for you to try and go in that direction.

Especially since you've never liked Kobe since I can remember it'd be easy for me link your Kobe disdain with your pro Lebron stance right now but that'd be a reach and a weak one at that because those two viewpoints aren't mutually exclusive to one another.

Do better next time :smh:

I am however an active member of the Bron hate thread and will enjoy the Cavs upcoming failures this season :D

Garbage pieces that got the job done
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

STRONG post to sn ratio.

So predictable Ska but hey when you've got nothing else I guess something is better than nothing in your book.

Me being a Kobe fan has nothing to with the conversation and it's a copout for you to try and go in that direction.

Especially since you've never liked Kobe since I can remember it'd be easy for me link your Kobe disdain with your pro Lebron stance right now but that'd be a reach and a weak one at that because those two viewpoints aren't mutually exclusive to one another.

Do better next time
mean.gif
I am however an active member of the Bron hate thread and will enjoy the Cavs upcoming failures this season
happy.gif
Fair response, not gonna lie.

So I'll go w/ what I was going to say before I actually said what I did say.

Alright, so back then, you would have been cool w/ our Lakers picking up Boobie, Larry Hughes, Antawn Jamison, broke down Big Ben, left-for-dead Shaq, Tractor Traylor (Who?! Exactly.), Ilgauskas, and Pavlovic?

You would have looked at that roster and thought "Lakers gave some NICE pieces to Kobe. Get it done, Mamba!"? For real? You'd have done that?

Honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom