2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of funny how alot of you saying the cavs never did anything to help bron the first time around are they same dudes who was hyped and claiming them trading for jamison, getting mo, and keeping hickson instead of going after amare, had them favorites out the east.

Oh i remember it like it was yesterday

People were already booking that cavs vs lakers finals. Kobe vs lebron. But now you all wanna act like the cavs never did ****?

People put their faith in players who just cant win. A few of on here was saying jamiso was trash. but most of you were giving the east to the cavs after that. and lets not even bring up broke down shaq.

And who knows if lebron had last say in what players the cavs were and werent going to go after

I'm sure Lebron did have input on who the Cavs were signing then, just like he does now.

It doesn't negate the fact that it's the GM's and or the President of Ops to job make the executive and professional decision for the betterment of the Franchise. If they let a 18-24 year old a Lebron make those decisions that's their own fault, not his.

Even the greats have to learn to play their role, and it's your job as the GM and President to make them understand that hiring and firing is not part if their job description, but acknowledge or respect their "input"

Two different different identities and very noticeable? Dude sit down.

Cats be from the Heights talking about the City.

If you're not from either Akron or Actual Cleveland, you really have no say to compare. How would you know? I was raised in the city of Cleveland, and worked in Akron for a while.

How are the identities different when people from both Cleveland and Akron cheer for the same sport teams? And the same restaurants, same common points of interest, same constructively built homes.

They're very similar actually. Only 35-40 minutes apart from each other.

I'm tired of this convo. Move on already.

I'm from Akron though soooooo water yew talking about? The people from the cities have different identities. I can almost immediately tell the difference between someone from Cleveland vs Akron, especially females. They just carry themselves different. Not that it's a bad thing, but there's definitely a difference. Common interests doesn't equate to similarity

:lol: It's funny cause y'all don't get the bigger point.

Y'all are probably the type who haven't been around much huh? Same type of thing the dude from Akron/Cleveland only understands :lol:

See y'all when the season starts, dudes are right. I'm out

I really don't know what point you're trying to make, I'm just chiming in on one facet. Akron and cleveland are 40 minutes apart? Orange county is 40 minutes from me. That is a whole different world from where I grew up and would never claim that as my home.

But like I said I don't know what your point is, I'm talking just to talk

I really like what LeBron is trying to become. He has spoken out publicly against social injustice, Trayvon Martin, Sterling, Danny Ferry, and has been winning while doing it, then also selling shoes to boot. He kind of proves that you can have a public position as a modern athlete, and then still remain popular on Madison Avenue. His game isn't what I am personally used to and then appreciate, like the beauty, power and finesse of a Dr. J, Air Jordan, but he does improve every year, and he has his own game, not emulating the playing style and career of one player in particular.

LeBron is a different guy, and I kinda dig that. It's fresh, kind of quirky, as he is going to make hair transplants popular now it seems, but he seems to be a good guy, a good father, and is loyal to his friends, bringing them up into success with his own rise.

So with so many throughout this thread knocking him, calling him this and that, I kinda look harder, and then look at his peers and what they are really about. No other athlete in this era has actually tried to take the baton that was passed from Dr. J to Bird and Magic, then on to Jordan, who made the game global, clearly willing to stand up as an ambassador to the game, both on and off the court other than LeBron. Kobe didn't do it, Duncan didn't do it either, with the former clearly having issues speaking out against social injustices in the Black community, and the latter hardly saying anything about anything, let alone even talking about basketball.

So as a player, yeah, LeBron does merit some criticism, but as an athlete?

I think he is right on time, and then is very much needed, especially as a socially conscious Black man, a husband and father, when we have TMZ lurking around every corner. 

Last edited:
Dont compare bron to those clowns,

Changing teams for the better isnt comparable to the **** those dudes did

Lebron never did anything to jeopardize his career
I'm just saying that while those other athletes made stupid mistakes, and then are actually idiots, LeBron trying to do the right thing is a welcomed change.

Last edited:
Kind of funny how alot of you saying the cavs never did anything to help bron the first time around are they same dudes who was hyped and claiming them trading for jamison, getting mo, and keeping hickson instead of going after amare, had them favorites out the east.

Oh i remember it like it was yesterday

People were already booking that cavs vs lakers finals. Kobe vs lebron. But now you all wanna act like the cavs never did ****?

People put their faith in players who just cant win. A few of on here was saying jamiso was trash. but most of you were giving the east to the cavs after that. and lets not even bring up broke down shaq.

And who knows if lebron had last say in what players the cavs were and werent going to go after
People had the Cavs out of the east because the east was weak, and the Cavs had Lebron.

Since you remember it like yesterday, you should remember that there was exactly 0 people like "The Cavs just formed a BEAST squad."

The end.

I mean we all know "Super teams" never existed before the heat.

Rodman, Jordan, Pippen not a super team. Bird, Parish, Mchale, not a super team. Magic, Worthy, Kareem not a super team.

People have no problem when organizations create super teams, but when a player takes it into his own hands to put the peices together all of a sudden theres a problem. Y'all should respect Lebron for having the courage to completely destroy the system.

Rodman, Jordan, Pippen not a super team. Bird, Parish, Mchale, not a super team. Magic, Worthy, Kareem not a super team.

People have no problem when organizations create super teams, but when a player takes it into his own hands to put the peices together all of a sudden theres a problem. Y'all should respect Lebron for having the courage to completely destroy the system.
True post is true.

People had the Cavs out of the east because the east was weak, and the Cavs had Lebron.

Since you remember it like yesterday, you should remember that there was exactly 0 people like "The Cavs just formed a BEAST squad."

The end.

And your point is? If it was so weak back then it should have been enough.

Wasnt nobody asking them to form a "beast" squad back then just enough for bron and the cavs to get to the finals.

Unfortunately boston and orlando were better due to meltdowns by a couple of cavs players.

Him not having a "beast squad" does not exempt fans back then from their opinions that the cavs made moves that were supposed to be enough.

Now everyone wants to say the cavs organization never helped lebron or gave him talent to make it to the finals.

Best record in the nba twice as well?

They must have been doing something right until their collapses in the playoffs especially with mike freaking brown as the coach

Weak east or not

The organization is responsible to put talent around LeBron or any other superstar - indeed that's true. But they're not responsible to put super-teams together. LeBron changed that. Dwyane Wade changed that in 2010.

I don't get it, if him running back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie & Kevin Love doesn't tell you what type of person/athlete LeBron James is by now, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. It's for to be denial :lol:

Once again, nothing wrong with who LeBron James is. Everyone is different, doesn't make LeBron James any less of a player. I'm still watching. So need need for the argument, y'all just acceptance at this point. The entertainment will continue.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time :lol:, makes me think of madmen how people can be spoonfed some crap and treat it as gospel...media and advertising have pulled this coming home **** outta thin air and people really ate it up :smh:

It's obvious with all these ridiculous trades scenarios and signings this is all about winning and has nothing to do with northeast ohio :lol: , and there's nothing wrong with that everybody wants to win and be remembered amongst the greats.

What's disgusting and insulting is the swindle he's trying to pull and it begins with that letter , talking bout his relationship with the city and how they have to work hard for everything etc etc

Please he's basically a HOF NBA thot who saw a better car pull into the parking lot and decided his current situation wasnt working out anymore :lol:

We're saying NOW that the garbage pieces the Cavs gave Lebron BACK THEN was enough to win the east.

But we're repeating that the garbage pieces they gave him were still garbage.

You're trying to come through like "Oh, so you guys were saying he had beast mode talent before, but NOW you're saying the Cavs didn't do enough?!"

No.

We're saying the garbage pieces he had before were garbage, but it got the job done.

Don't even TRY to front like you think an expired Shaq, past-his-prime Jamison, overhyped Boobie, and scared Larry Hughes were solid additions.

Garbage that got the job done; 's all that was.

Still garbage, though.

I know it's counterproductive to your agenda to say that they were garbage, because then that makes Lebron look even better for getting them to the Finals, so I understand where you're coming from and why you have to take the angle you're taking.

wink.gif

And your point is? If it was so weak back then it should have been enough.

Wasnt nobody asking them to form a "beast" squad back then just enough for bron and the cavs to get to the finals.

Unfortunately boston and orlando were better due to meltdowns by a couple of cavs players.

Him not having a "beast squad" does not exempt fans back then from their opinions that the cavs made moves that were supposed to be enough.

Now everyone wants to say the cavs organization never helped lebron or gave him talent to make it to the finals.

Best record in the nba twice as well?

They must have been doing something right until their collapses in the playoffs especially with mike freaking brown as the coach

Weak east or not
I agree. The Cavs won 60+ games the last two seasons LeBron was with the Cavs the first time. That doesn't happen if he didn't have talent around him in a "weak" eastern conference. LeBron and the Cavs just couldn't seal the deal when it counted.

Courage?

**** with this BS :lol:

My biggest problem with LeBron was the way he handled it. That not 5 nonsense. That whole display was immature and egotistical. But he had every right to leave and pursue a better basketball opportunity. I just wish he did it like a grown up normally would.

Last edited:
Garbage pieces that got the job done :lol: :lol:

Sounds like an oxymoron I don't think garbage pieces can get the job done, which is why they're garbage in the first place

Put a garbage part under the hood of your car and see if it " gets the job done ".

My biggest problem with LeBron was the way he handled it. That not 5 nonsense. That whole display was immature and egotistical. But he had every right to leave and pursue a better basketball opportunity. I just wish he did it like a grown up normally would.
He handled it right. He showed you cant just treat a king like crap

It's really quite simple, LeBron elevated those pieces around him in Cleveland to levels they would have never reached with any other superstar, Kobe included.

The LeBron effect is real

The team success, the 60 wins, thank LeBron. Coach Brown, thank LeBron.

It's really quite simple, LeBron elevated those pieces around him in Cleveland to levels they would have never reached with any other superstar, Kobe included.

The LeBron effect is real

The team success, the 60 wins, thank LeBron. Coach Brown, thank LeBron.

If that was 100% true the Heat woulda never lost a series the 4 years he was there , that Miami team was exponentially more talented and even had an NBA champ and finals MVP on the roster already with a top power forward for good measure.

If the Bron affect was that real they'd be going for 5 in a row right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom