2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariza and Matthews will never be All-Stars, while Klay definitely could become one. I think the Redd comparison was much better than this

Someone said Klay is slept on though, I think he's overrated
laugh.gif
I think he could be an all-star too. Mostly because the 2-guard position is weak. Kobe, Harden, Wade ????.

Do I think he is worth max? Nah.

I think he could be an all-star too. Mostly because the 2-guard position is weak. Kobe, Harden, Wade ????.

Do I think he is worth max? Nah.
True but my point is Klay is a different caliber than Ariza and Matthews, clearly. Ariza and Matthews will never get a Team USA invite and even as a small forward, Klay is a cut above

Last edited:
So is it just the age difference? Because if anything, Matthews was slightly better than Klay last year.

So is it just the age difference? Because if anything, Matthews was slightly better than Klay last year.
What does age have to do with this? Matthews has never made a National team. never been an All-Star. But I guess, sure, age is a difference? Klay will most likely be an All-Star soon enough

How did Matthews have a better year than Klay btw

Last edited:

What does age have to do with this? Matthews has never made a National team. never been an All-Star. But I guess, sure, age is a difference? Klay will most likely be an All-Star soon enough

How did Matthews have a better year than Klay btw

Because I assumed you meant that Klay will get a little better and might make an All-Star team at some point while Wes is probably at his peak.

As far as last year I'm failing to see how Klay was a different caliber of player, and a cut above.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...m=0&p1=thompkl01&y1=2014&p2=matthwe02&y2=2014

Because I assumed you meant that Klay will get a little better and might make an All-Star team at some point while Wes is probably at his peak.

As far as last year I'm failing to see how Klay was a different caliber of player, and a cut above.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...m=0&p1=thompkl01&y1=2014&p2=matthwe02&y2=2014
So you're going to just use stats. OK.

If Klay switched spots with Wes, the Blazers, IMO, would definitely become more dangerous. The Warriors would instantly become a lot less scary. Just my opinion.

You're failing to see how Klay is a cut above when I've repeated that Wes will never see a National team, like Klay already has. There's exhibit A

Last edited:
If Klay switched spots with Wes, the Blazers, IMO, would definitely become more dangerous. The Warriors would instantly become a lot less scary. Just my opinion.

You didn't explain how, though. Wes is also a deadly shooter, not as good as Klay, but one could make the case his better shot selection evens that out. Wes can defend as well as Klay, too. Really, there just isn't a whole lot of disparity between the two, at least not enough to say Klay is a different caliber of player.

That national team argument basically means nothing to me.

Last edited:

So you're going to just use stats. OK.

You're failing to see how Klay is a cut above when I've repeated that Wes will never see a National team, like Klay already has. There's exhibit A
I'm using Stats + eye test. I think Klay is a great defender. I also think Ariza and Wes Matthews are great defenders. They also shoot a lot of 3s.

Exhibit A: I mean, a lot of dudes haven't made national team. John wall has never made it.  Does that mean Klay > Wall? Mason Plumlee made national team. Does that mean Plumlee > Aldridge? Nope.

You didn't explain how, though. Wes is also a deadly shooter, not as good as Klay, but one could make the case his better shot selection evens that out. Wes can defend as well as Klay, too. Really, there just isn't a whole lot of disparity between the two, at least not enough to say Klay is a different caliber of player.

That national team argument basically means nothing to me.
You put Wes on the Warriors and depend on him to put up the same numbers, you're going to be disappointed. Meanwhile, put Lilliard and Aldridge with Klay? Klay's percentages immediately improve because defenses won't focus on him like they do currently on the Warriors. Teams gameplan to stop Klay. Teams would never gameplan to stop Wes. Their roles are different because of the caliber of each player.

I'm using Stats + eye test. I think Klay is a great defender. I also think Ariza and Wes Matthews are great defenders. They also shoot a lot of 3s.

Exhibit A: I mean, a lot of dudes haven't made national team. John wall has never made it.  Does that mean Klay > Wall? Mason Plumlee made national team. Does that mean Plumlee > Aldridge? Nope.
True on the Plumlee making the national team, although we all know that was bogus
laugh.gif
but also we're not comparing bigs to smalls here nor wings to point guards. Wes and Klay are both wings so it makes sense to compare the two

Again it goes back to the fact that a team will never game plan to stop Ariza or Matthews.

Last edited:
True on the Plumlee making the national team, although we all know that was bogus
laugh.gif
but also we're not comparing bigs to smalls here nor wings to point guards. Wes and Klay are both wings so it makes sense to compare the two

Again it goes back to the fact that a team will never game plan to stop Ariza or Matthews.
Kk, I'll compare wings and wings so there's no issues in comparison. Eric Gordon made national team. Is Eric Gordon better than Kawhi Leonard?

Kk, I'll compare wings and wings so there's no issues in comparison. Eric Gordon made national team. Is Eric Gordon better than Kawhi Leonard?
Before all the injuries, Eric Gordon would have made it an argument. Also, Leonard withdrew from the National team bro

But please respond to the fact that teams would never gameplan to stop Matthews or Ariza while they do for Klay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom