2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lakers Thread is and always has been an alternate universe.

Where the laws of man and science are completely ignored.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...why-last-year-wasnt-fun-and-life-after-lebron

This guy man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Why in the world would you say something like that. Sounding like a scorned lover. Yeah playing with the best basketball player in the world who said nothing when you missed 1/4 of the season, then when you did play made you have opportunities to score by virtue of his presence alone wasnt fun.

Alway has and will always be a clown. Like he's didn't look like trash the whole playoffs.

Man....Nash looks like one of the old pros that plays at this gym I play at on Tuesday and Thursday nights. That guy is like 60 years old and played overseas in Korea. What I'm trying to say is Nash should probably stop playing professional basketball.

28-30 wins I think is what he said

I got em at 35-38 if kirby stays helthy

I honestly don't think its completely out of the realm of possibility that the Lakers could make the playoffs with the current roster, but literally EVERYTHING would have to go their way in terms of health, chemistry etc. and some other teams would probably need to have some significant injuries. And considering that its pretty unlikely all that will happen, I'd say 35 wins is a pretty realistic prediction.

35 wins in the West is bottom of the conference, Lakers will probably get that. they have no chance at playoffs unless something crazy happens.

the west is just brutal

The Jazz and T-Wolves will have win totals somewhere in the teens or low 20s, at most. Then the Kings, Lakers and Pelicans should be in the 30-35 win range.

Look in the Lakers thread...
Never asked, how did you feel about the Byron Scott hire?
Downgrade from D'Antoni.

BUT HE KNOWS WHAT BEING A LAKER IS ALL ABOUT!
Look in the Lakers thread...

Wait are they serious in the laker thread about the playoffs?

P you know your basketball homie, don't tell me you believe they will sneak in.
Hell no. :lol: I have them at 25 wins, maybe 30 if things break right for them.

Just check out the first month of their schedule. They should only be favored in one game (at home vs Minnesota). :lol:

Why is wade a punk for saying that? Battier said the same thing. LeBron said something like that in there first year together and he said he was amazed they made it to the finals in 2011. But wade says it and he's a scum.

• Chris Bosh might have an MVP-like season... yes, it was just a scrimmage... he looked light years ahead of everyone else.... post moves and jumper were deadly 
  • Shabazz Napier gonna **** around and get ran out of Miami -- son thinks he's better than he is and tries to do too much ... no fundamentals what so ever 
  • Granger think he Shane Battier with no defense.... all he wants to do is stand in the corner and shoot 3's 
  • Deng looked like a role player ... had I not known who he was, I'd think he was a bench guy 
  • the rest of the team looks D League 
  • Heat fans still obnoxious as hell 

• First off, as a heat fan who was in attendance at the scrimmage I take offense :tongue:

• But in all reality, I agree that Bosh looked great. His jumper, and overall skill set allowed him to do a lot of great things out there. People don't realize how much Bosh had to do defensively for the Heat in past years for them to compete. I don't know about MVP, but he'll average 20+ points and close to 10 rebounds.

• Granger is coming off a knee scope, so I wouldn't sorry about him being dynamic in a scrimmage. What's important is that he made his open shots and moved well. He should get better as he learns the system.

• Deng looked solid to me. Missed a few threes in the first half but he showed some versatility in his mid range game in the 2nd half. He also go to the foul line on multiple occasions and had an And-1. Again another player who should grow into our system.

• As for the rest looking like the D league... nice try there buddy. McRoberts and Birdman didn't even play. Shawne Williams was cooking out there. He had like 5 threes and and should be a nice bench player. James Ennis is another guy who looks like he has great potential. So there's that...

• As for Napier, he had 4 steals off the ball. He definitely has to improve his decision making, but he's a winner. Rookie point guards need time to learn. He has great court vision and a natural play maker. I think he'll eventually be a starter in years to come.

Last edited:
If the Lakers sniff 40 wins I'll be shocked and amazed.the west is just way too rough and no team has lost a significant piece that would make them worse.

Why is wade a punk for saying that? Battier said the same thing. LeBron said something like that in there first year together and he said he was amazed they made it to the finals in 2011. But wade says it and he's a scum.

How wasnt it fun? he sat half the year and cruised to the finals with ease because of Bron and Bosh.

is he trying to say something negative? i dont get it

Wade is garbage as a player and person.

loser.
He's a loser, even tho he's a proven winner in the NBA. Or maybe he's a loser becasue he was honest? Or maybe he's a loser becasue you just don't like him...

At any rate you sound foolish :lol:

Get that hate out ya heart man, its not even that serious.

Last edited:
How wasnt it fun? he sat half the year and cruised to the finals with ease because of Bron and Bosh.

is he trying to say something negative? i dont get it

Man he was sitting for 1/4th of the season hurt dude :lol: I can clearly see why he said last season for him was not fun at all.

And lets add in Bosh to that as well. I saw this team play the years prior and you could sense they were not enjoying last season. I don't know if it was just the grind, the pressure to win, or them just not having the same will to win.

Going to the finals 4 years in a row is hard. How are people discounting that?

Its just not a smart thing to say at this junction, it will bring about nothing but criticism 

Man he was sitting for 1/4th of the season hurt dude :lol: I can clearly see why he said last season for him was not fun at all.

Yeah, I'm by no means a Wade fan, but I can see where he's coming from. He was hurt a lot and they were working on their 4th straight Finals run, which I'm sure was pretty draining. If he's somehow blaming LeBron for it not being fun, then that would be lame, but that's not the sense I get.

• First off, as a heat fan who was in attendance at the scrimmage I take offense
    tongue.gif

• But in all reality, I agree that Bosh looked great. His jumper, and overall skill set allowed him to do a lot of great things out there. People don't realize how much Bosh had to do defensively for the Heat in past years for them to compete. I don't know about MVP, but he'll average 20+ points and close to 10 rebounds.

• Granger is coming off a knee scope, so I wouldn't sorry about him being dynamic in a scrimmage. What's important is that he made his open shots and moved well. He should get better as he learns the system.

• Deng looked solid to me. Missed a few threes in the first half but he showed some versatility in his mid range game in the 2nd half. He also go to the foul line on multiple occasions and had an And-1. Again another player who should grow into our system.

• As for the rest looking like the D league... nice try there buddy. McRoberts and Birdman didn't even play. Shawne Williams was cooking out there. He had like 5 threes and and should be a nice bench player. James Ennis is another guy who looks like he has great potential. So there's that...

• As for Napier, he had 4 steals off the ball. He definitely has to improve his decision making, but he's a winner. Rookie point guards need time to learn. He has great court vision and a natural play maker. I think he'll eventually be a starter in years to come.
the D in D League means Developmental -- and as you said in almost all your replies, there's a lot of development that needs to be going on out there 

so, sounds like I was pretty accurate 

Shawne Williams ain't never cooked a day in his life lol.... 

Birdman and McBob tho.... lawd...  

good luck this season tho Heat fans..... 

Whoa there buddy Shawn Williams used to fry fools at Laurenburg prep, I seen it first hand. :lol:

Last edited:
the D in D League means Developmental -- and as you said in almost all your replies, there's a lot of development that needs to be going on out there 

so, sounds like I was pretty accurate 

Shawne Williams ain't never cooked a day in his life lol.... 

Birdman and McBob tho.... lawd...  

good luck this season tho Heat fans..... 

So by me saying players need to learn the system and they'll get better as the year goes you took that as they are D-league players. By your logic damn near the whole league should be d-league

And for you not to even give Shawne Williams credit for shooting lights out is just laughable. You sound salty for no reason

But I guess we have nothing else to see here folk... No real logic or arguments, just rustling jimmes. Got it...

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom