2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA is restoring 5 vs 5 at the NBA combine: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11633981/nba-restore-5-5-play-draft-combine

I'm sure the top picks will sit out, but for the lower tiered prospects this can be an opportunity to boost their draft stock.

Is there ever going to be a way that the NBA and NFL can make things at the combine mandatory? It's so ******* annoying when you don't get to see any of the best players actually do things that would help you actually analyze them.

Is there ever going to be a way that the NBA and NFL can make things at the combine mandatory? It's so ******* annoying when you don't get to see any of the best players actually do things that would help you actually analyze them.
If you're judging them off the combine, then you're probably screwed anyways. These teams are privy to so much tape and data of these kids in the first place. They've seen them do things that would actually help them analyze them for years in the case of most top NBA prospects. They've been tracking these kids since 15-16 years old, especially the ones who play for Team USA and in big events like Hoop Summit, McDAA, etc.  

and how many of them actually suceed in the NBA?

we name name so many hyped up known players out of high school/college that couldnt even stay in the league after a year, a lot of these dudes lottery picks.

So by me saying players need to learn the system and they'll get better as the year goes you took that as they are D-league players. By your logic damn near the whole league should be d-league

And for you not to even give Shawne Williams credit for shooting lights out is just laughable. You sound salty for no reason

But I guess we have nothing else to see here folk... No real logic or arguments, just rustling jimmes. Got it...

roll.gif
Tyler Johnson, Andre Dawkins, Reggie Williams .... D League written all over them ....we really gonna sit here and make cases for a career 5 ppg player?  I say he's not good and all hell breaks loose.... is that what's really happening here lol

LOL @ giving a dude credit for shooting lights out in a scrimmage vs other scrubs.... 

Heat fans.... look... we know y'all going through a bad break-up 

your feels is sensitive .... I get it.... would probably be the same way if our best player ran out on us too

be thankful for the back-to-back chips and the good times from 2010-2014 or however long it was

Last edited:
Tyler Johnson, Andre Dawkins, Reggie Williams .... D League written all over them ....we really gonna sit here and make cases for a career 5 ppg player?  I say he's not good and all hell breaks loose.... is that what's really happening here lol

LOL @ giving a dude credit for shooting lights out in a scrimmage vs other scrubs.... 

:stoneface:

You were just praising Bosh for playing well against those same scrubs. You can't give one man praise and say they other guy is garbage based off the same competition. I never said he's an all star, I said the man shot lights out and he'll be a solid role player in our system.

And who was mentioning guys like Tyler Johnson, Andre Dawkins, Reggie Williams? Who said anything about players at the end of the bench? The argument was about Deng and Granger, Ennis, and Napier...way to shift goal posts there.

If healthy, the Heat be a 3 or 4 seed in the East... but have fun thinking the Heat will be a lottery team.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

You were just praising Bosh for playing well against those same scrubs. You can't give one man praise and say they other guy is garbage based off the same competition. I never said he's an all star, I said the man shot lights out and he'll be a solid role player in our system.

And who was mentioning guys like Tyler Johnson, Andre Dawkins, Reggie Williams? Who said anything about players at the end of the bench? The argument was about Deng and Granger, Ennis, and Napier...way to shift goal posts there.

If healthy, the Heat be a 3 or 4 seed in the East... but have fun thinking the Heat will be a lottery team.
First off.... in the Bosh comments I clearly said "I know it's just a scrimmage" ..... secondly... I was watching Bosh's footwork, how he was moving, and his shot selection....  I don't care who he was playing against... when someone has IT ... it's clear as day

Again, read what the hell I wrote... I broke down Deng, Granger, and Shabazz INDIVIDUALY..... then said..... "the rest of them look like D-Leaguers" -- are those players not part of "the rest of them" 

NT NT'ing 

Heat fans.... look... we know y'all going through a bad break-up 

your feels is sensitive .... I get it.... would probably be the same way if our best player ran out on us too

be thankful for the back-to-back chips and the good times from 2010-2014 or however long it was
We obviously know it's not gonna be the same as the past 4 years. But there not gonna be a lottery team and there in the east. If you judge off paper this team can easily be a 4th seed in the east. When the season starts and we see how wade responds is when we'll know how far or good this team will be.

never claimed they were a lottery team.... 

Bosh and Wade will get a team to the Eastern Conference Playoffs.... that's a given 

When I see that picture two explanations come to mind why Kanye looks like somebody just pissed in his cereal.  The first explanation, the one with the higher likelihood of being true, is that Kanye is always consciously perpetuating his image of being an ******* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  That no matter what situation he’s in, he’s constantly a ruthless curmudgeon.  Basically, “Here, you guys all smile and look like you’re enjoying this time we spent together.  And I’ll mean mug the camera and people will continue to think I’m the biggest *** hole in entertainment.”  While that conversation didn’t happen out loud it for sure happened in Kanye’s brain.  He can say in interviews that he doesn’t care about how he’s perceived but in actuality that’s the opposite of what’s true.  The second explanation, the one with the lower likelihood of being true, is that’s the exact moment where Kanye realized he married a ***** and had a kid with her.  The very second the flash bulb went off for that picture, Kanye’s life flashed before his eyes.  He remembered his days as a struggling wannabe hip hop producer in Chicago, he remembered meeting Jay-Z for the first time, he remembered the days right after College Dropout came out.  Then he remembered his current reality which is he married the most talentless and giant sack of *** skin walking God’s green Earth and the expression in that picture was the result.  How the hell did we get here, Kanye?

What do you think it’s like playing pick up basketball with Kanye West?  I’m guessing it’s terrible.  He no doubt thinks he’s the best player out there.  Shooting like he’s got the career field goal percentage of Ray Allen but actually has the basketball skills of Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s character in Along Came Polly.  Just building brick houses faster than you can imagine.  But he would continue to shoot because he for sure thinks he’s the greatest basketball player who ever lived.  Him and Kobe have that in common actually.  In a shooting slump?  Eff it, I’ll shoot my way out of it.  That’s the mentality.  I’d be surprised if those other three gentlemen in the picture touched the ball at all that day.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA · 1h 1 hour ago
League sources: NBA sent memo today indicating 30 teams could vote on slightly revised lottery reform proposal at Bd of Gov later this month

Proposal details: four worst teams would have equal 12 percent chance to win No. 1 pick. Worst team could fall no lower than No 7.

Four teams w/ best record would have, in order, 0.5%, 1%, 1.5%, 2.5% chance at No. 1 pick and better chance than today of moving into top-6

To be clear: this is just one of several items on B.O.G. agenda, though expected to take up lots of time. Vote not 100% lock, but expected

And to be clear: Any change approved in October (or later in season) could -- and probably would -- go into effect for this draft lottery

More on his Twitter.

always thought it wasn't fair for teams to not have a chance at a high Draft Pick just for being good.... 

in football it balances out because there's 7 rounds worth of guys to pick from.... and lots of trading around 

NBA has like 10 good players to choose from.... 

Zero chance in hell the Heat are a top 3 or 4 seed this year. Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Hornets, Raptors, Nets...hell even the Hawks and Knicks are better. Good luck with that.

Wade's comments are weak. Makes him sound like a scorned female. This season will be a reality check for him.

View media item 1205054

When I see that picture two explanations come to mind why Kanye looks like somebody just pissed in his cereal.  The first explanation, the one with the higher likelihood of being true, is that Kanye is always consciously perpetuating his image of being an ******* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  That no matter what situation he’s in, he’s constantly a ruthless curmudgeon.  Basically, “Here, you guys all smile and look like you’re enjoying this time we spent together.  And I’ll mean mug the camera and people will continue to think I’m the biggest *** hole in entertainment.”  While that conversation didn’t happen out loud it for sure happened in Kanye’s brain.  He can say in interviews that he doesn’t care about how he’s perceived but in actuality that’s the opposite of what’s true.  The second explanation, the one with the lower likelihood of being true, is that’s the exact moment where Kanye realized he married a ***** and had a kid with her.  The very second the flash bulb went off for that picture, Kanye’s life flashed before his eyes.  He remembered his days as a struggling wannabe hip hop producer in Chicago, he remembered meeting Jay-Z for the first time, he remembered the days right after College Dropout came out.  Then he remembered his current reality which is he married the most talentless and giant sack of *** skin walking God’s green Earth and the expression in that picture was the result.  How the hell did we get here, Kanye?

What do you think it’s like playing pick up basketball with Kanye West?  I’m guessing it’s terrible.  He no doubt thinks he’s the best player out there.  Shooting like he’s got the career field goal percentage of Ray Allen but actually has the basketball skills of Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s character in Along Came Polly.  Just building brick houses faster than you can imagine.  But he would continue to shoot because he for sure thinks he’s the greatest basketball player who ever lived.  Him and Kobe have that in common actually.  In a shooting slump?  Eff it, I’ll shoot my way out of it.  That’s the mentality.  I’d be surprised if those other three gentlemen in the picture touched the ball at all that day.

"Yeezy smashed your girl b" - Niketalk

and how many of them actually suceed in the NBA?

we name name so many hyped up known players out of high school/college that couldnt even stay in the league after a year, a lot of these dudes lottery picks.

What is seeing them play in the NBA combine going to do to change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom