2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask again. Is this the last night of this thread? Since there's a game tomorrow. Somebody make a season thread

Who plays tomorow

i assume tonight would be the last night unless we waited til opening night of regular season

Who plays tomorow

i assume tonight would be the last night unless we waited til opening night of regular season
Miami does against the pelicans.

Somebody should and get predictions also

Last edited:

You take that back!
Thank you. I'm glad some Lakers fans realize that making the playoffs this year would NOT be a good thing for them.
well making the playoffs IS a good thing for us, its better than the 9th seed or 10th seed

but ideally we will miss the playoffs so badly that we get a top 5 draft pick

if we cant get a top 5 pick (our pick goes to the suns) then it would be great if our young roster gets some playoff experience and kobe gets to boost his career playoff totals 

well making the playoffs IS a good thing for us, its better than the 9th seed or 10th seed

if we cant get a top 5 pick (our pick goes to the suns) then it would be great if our young roster gets some playoff experience and kobe gets to boost his career playoff totals 

OK, but isn't Randle the only "young" player on the team that's going to be there for more than a couple years?

OK, but isn't Randle the only "young" player on the team that's going to be there for more than a couple years?
hes the only star potential young player but you never know who could turn out to be a serviceable role player over the course of the season

but yeah, right now we dont really have anyone worth hyping up other than randle 

@Mike_Bresnahan Nick Young has a torn ligament in his right thumb and will miss about eight weeks, The Times has learned.
I'm not sure the Lakers can recover from this. It'll be nearly impossible to make the playoffs now. :lol:

You keep mentioning the playoffs , why not mention that you think we'll be in the bottom 5 of the entire league ?

No way in hell that happens, barring any significant injuries of course....which did happen last year and they still couldn't stink it up THAT bad to get a top pick.

Don't forget to think of something for that wager bro :lol:

The Lakers were like two games away from the fourth worst record in the league last season. >D

The Lakers were like two games away from the fourth worst record in the league last season. >D

I know bro but that was a serious patchwork team with injuries by the boatload , are you counting on those same things happening again ?

I'm honestly trying to be objective about bro, you don't think with Randle and Kobe back they'll be slightly better ?

All they have to do is be slightly better to not get the top 5 pick

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I think it will because the system that Scott wants to employ doesn't fit the personnel besides Kobe and Boozer, defensive liabilities in the backcourt, little to no rim protection, best defender is Wes ******* Johnson, questionable shooting besides Nash and maybe Kelly/Ellington with Swaggy now going down, compete in a tough conference, have a murderous start to the season, uh am I missing anything else?

Last edited:

But they'll have the great and powerful Kobe Bryant this season. And maybe even Steve Nash for a few games. And Carlos Boozer. Totally different scenario.

Kobe gon average about 19-20 ppg and have the worst shooting season field goal percentage wise in his career before he goes down with another serious injury

Hes old and worn down so not sure why people expect big things from him

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I think it will because the system that Scott wants to employ doesn't fit the personnel besides Kobe and Boozer, defensive liabilities in the backcourt, little to no rim protection, best defender is Wes ******* Johnson, questionable shooting besides Nash and maybe Kelly/Ellington with Swaggy now going down, compete in a tough conference, have a murderous start to the season, uh am I missing anything else?

I can respect that breakdown but it seems like a lotta things have to fall in place for us to stink that bad, lotta variables involved in your list.

Almost like a perfect **** storm type scenario has to take place, which happened last year so I think it's unlikely it comes together like that again.

But they'll have the great and powerful Kobe Bryant this season. And maybe even Steve Nash for a few games. And Carlos Boozer. Totally different scenario.

Not sure if u want some laughs or what but I'm talking about a difference of 5-10 games better would be all it takes to knock us out of the bottom 5, is that asking too much for a team that was without their best player last year and bringing in a shiny first round pick ?

Lebron aside, Free agents in their mid to late twenties sign with playoff teams, not lotto teams. If the lakers want to get back to relevance sooner than later it's best to make the playoffs

FAs don't sign with 7th and 8th seeds.

FAs don't sign with 7th and 8th seeds.

lance-stephenson-hot-*****-remix.png

Different situations. Bobcats are on the rise and Mavs feel like they are a piece away.

The lakers are neither.

Not what the og post said , what you just said is definitely true but that's not what he said is it ?

He said they don't sign with 7/8 seeds, nothing more nothing less.

Factually that's inaccurate

this thread moves so fast that I gave up long ago.

predictions for the east
cavs to the finals (lose to SA in 6)
wiz, prolific year, swept in ecf by cle
bulls
heat
bobcats (best season in franchise history)
raptors
nets
knicks

west

spurs
okc
doesn't really matter who's left

Zero chance in hell the Heat are a top 3 or 4 seed this year. Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Hornets, Raptors, Nets...hell even the Hawks and Knicks are better. Good luck with that.
I don't understand what the Suns coming out of nowhere has to do with the Heat. The Suns have a bunch of hungry young dudes that play really hard, have a great coach and had Eric Bledsoe and Dragic looking like damn near MVP candidates for part of the season. If this was five years ago then I could see Wade, Bosh and Deng willing this sorry squad to a 6 seed. In the 2014-15 season I'm not seeing it.

If I were to pick a young and hungry team in the East to perform above expectations I would say it would be the Magic or Bucks.
5 years ago they would barely get a 6th seed? Why do you feel the need to go to this extent. 5 years ago Wade and Bosh were in their athletic primes
laugh.gif
Two posts are screen shot worthy
This whole notion of the Nets and Pacers being a playoff team is laughable.
People have been providing some decent comedy tonight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom