2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
if timmy is cool with it then i see no prob. if lakers is okay giving kobe all that money, it's not a big deal. these athletes got mouths to feed (word to sprewell), child support, houses, cars, chariities, business ventures, etc.
they out here trying to get money first, and winning second. why else you do this for a career?

Last edited:
\
Kobe has already been paid for what he has done in the past.

He only deserves what he is going to do moving forward.

Exactly.

wait...so...the lakers approach kobe with a number on a slip of paper...and he was supposed to slide the paper back across the table with a response of "Too High, try again"? k

Nope, and I don't blame him. Even though it does go against his "win at all costs" attitude.

Logic?

Man Kobe made hundreds of millions in his career this was the ONE time he could afford taking a paycut. It doesnt seem like he wants that 6th ring as bad as I thought he did. I get getting paid as much as possible, especially at the end of your career and after his injuries but come on :smh:

Last edited:
wait...so...the lakers approach kobe with a number on a slip of paper...and he was supposed to slide the paper back across the table with a response of "Too High, try again"? k

"naw buss thats too much how we gon pay swaggy"

Don't bring that logic in here. Kobe's maybe getting $12-$13 in gross salary after tax. Just reference the Melo chart @PMatic posted earlier, I think the Cali taxes are pretty comparable to the NY ones.

So why are lakers fans mad at kobe for getting paid, when hes the main reason the franchise is still relevant, you never question a hof players contract, whether you think hes overpaid or not
When somebody being paid like their the best in the game, and their not clearly not. You have a right to complain. Regardless what they do in the past.

@Antidope, I read something in regards to Duncan being able to exercise an option at the end of this year, which would in turn, rule in the possibility of him playing an additional year. I'm currently at work and don't have access to certain forums/sites. Are you able to clarify?
Yup that was exactly it. He had until Thursday to decide I believe. It was a player option for one year 10.3 million

If he didn't take this one year 10 million deal, the Spurs were going to offer him two years 16 million reportedly

Last edited:
Well please elaborate? I know your home team can offer you a max based on how many consecutive years you have been with the team and other teams can offer you the amount of their cap space, up to 16 M max or the MLE, if they have no cap space, which is a little over 5 M

For example: Carmelo is eligible for a max deal. His maximum starting salary would be worth 105% of the $21,388,954 he’s earning this season. Or $22,458,401 for next year starting out. It may be slightly higher for Tim Duncan because he's been in the league longer, but the max he could have gotten based on his last year at $10 mil was 11-12 not 16 mil. Tim actually hurt his value by not earning more on this last deal.

Just like Kobe was eligible to be paid $32 mil because of his deal this year that was at $30 mil. But he resigned for $23 mil instead of the max.

Even if Kobe took 10 million a year, it's doubtful the Lakers would've been contenders these next couple of years

Yes, because having 40+ million in cap space without even stretching Nash's contract to gain an extra 6 wouldn't help them out at all the next two years. :rolleyes

And then he tore his achilles and missed 2014.

We gave him his contract after that injury occurred.

So as a lakers fan, youre admitting youre giving up on kobes ability moving forward
Why are you putting words in people's mouths. When did he ever say he's giving up on Kobe's ability? We just don't agree with Kobe being paid like a top 5 player when realistically he isn't anymore.

And then he tore his achilles and missed 2014.

We gave him his contract after that injury occurred.

So as a lakers fan, youre admitting youre giving up on kobes ability moving forward

I'm sure he'll be a fine basketball player still.

He is NOT, however, worthy of the highest salary in the NBA for the next two years. Which is what he will be paid.

10, 12, even 15 would be more than fair, considering the injury and his mileage. He made almost 31 last year, for 6 games. Pretty sure we could call that even for taking a paycut, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom