2014 NBA Summer League (Orlando: July 5-11) & (Las Vegas: July 11-21)

Elfird Payton finally getting lose, officially out of the Evan Turner danger zone.

Aaron Gordon still can't shoot.

All I saw was the beginning of the game where Payton turned it over first play of the game, dribbled the ball off his knee on the other side of the court, got the ball knocked off his knee on a drive to the basket and then caught the ball right by the basket with basically an open layup and decided to wait for somebody to come near him, pump fake then take two steps without dribbling for a travel.

All I saw was the beginning of the game where Payton turned it over first play of the game, dribbled the ball off his knee on the other side of the court, got the ball knocked off his knee on a drive to the basket and then caught the ball right by the basket with basically an open layup and decided to wait for somebody to come near him, pump fake then take two steps without dribbling for a travel.

of course you did. you then missed a couple nice drives to the basket, some good perimeter defense, well orchestrated pick and roll etc.

never change buc em.

I just watched the replay of the game......meh. He still didn't look like anything special besides on that blow-by to the rack for a dunk. I think he's gonna be a turnover MACHINE in the league.

I loved Aaron Gordon in college but he's catching Derrick Williams/Thomas Robinson disease where he thinks he's LeBron and is pushing the ball up the court trying to cross people and basically just ending up being completely out of control leading to some forced jump pass.

I loved these picks for the Magic though so hopefully this isn't what I'll be seeing from them in the regular season.

I just watched the replay of the game......meh. He still didn't look like anything special besides on that blow-by to the rack for a dunk. I think he's gonna be a turnover MACHINE in the league.

I loved Aaron Gordon in college but he's catching Derrick Williams/Thomas Robinson disease where he thinks he's LeBron and is pushing the ball up the court trying to cross people and basically just ending up being completely out of control leading to some forced jump pass.

I loved these picks for the Magic though so hopefully this isn't what I'll be seeing from them in the regular season.

Do you ever realize your just wrong all the time and reflect on it? Or do you just continue spilling out nonsense posts after nonsense posts, blissfully oblivious to how horrible, misinformed and reactionary you consistently are?

He's right about the TO's and I was a Payton supporter before everyone else. That and the jumper need work.

I had no idea the Thunder picked up Semaj Christon. That might end up another sleeper draft pick for them.

Yup, could be Reggie's replacement. Better work on his jumper big time. McGrary looking like Collison's replacement.

Seems like Elfrid was much looser yesterday if those clips are any indication.

A big reason why Gordon is so appealing is the fact that he can rebound and go.

Do you ever realize your just wrong all the time and reflect on it? Or do you just continue spilling out nonsense posts after nonsense posts, blissfully oblivious to how horrible, misinformed and reactionary you consistently are?

You're cute....

A big reason why Gordon is so appealing is the fact that he can rebound and go.

Well that would be great if he was actually under control while doing so.

I hope he's just trying to do too much right now because he knows he's more talented than mostly everybody out there in summer league.

Gordon needs to be running block to block and that's it. Pick and roll and that's it. This whole floating on the wing and trying to handle it on the break is pure nonsense. Let him ease into all of that like LA is letting Blake do.

Gordon looks more comfortable along the perimeter than around the block.

I think trying to "limit his game" for lack of a better term, would hurt him and his confidence. He's made a point in recent interviews how much his level of self-confidence impacts his performance. Obviously you want him under control, but why not give him some freedom to just wreak havoc in SL.

He's a waste of space floating out there, he can't shoot it or put it on the floor and with that roster. He has to hit the block bc he's not a threat unless he does.

Payton
Victor
Harris
Gordon and big V.

He has to be on the block bc there is absolutely no shooting in that line.

I don't think he's good in the block as a post presence. Offers more along the perimeter as a passer, slasher, ball handler, etc.

Last edited:
He's just not letting the game come to him like I saw from him in college. He's trying to do waaaay too much and it's not a good look for him right now.

I don't think he's good in the block as a post presence. Offers more along the perimeter as a passer, slasher, ball handler, etc.

I agree... I'm not saying run block to block and play with his back to the basket. With his speed he could sprint and get a easy 6-8 a game off that along. He can slash and float from the midrange. 1 or 2 dribbles and he's in floater or pull up range. I think he's worthless floating outside of the trey ball line.

I agree... I'm not saying run block to block and play with his back to the basket. With his speed he could sprint and get a easy 6-8 a game off that along. He can slash and float from the midrange. 1 or 2 dribbles and he's in floater or pull up range. I think he's worthless floating outside of the trey ball line.
The problem in this case would be you're cramping the entire team's spacing if you have him operate in this specific range. Planting him behind the three point line helps a wee bit more (defenders will still be a half step closer to the paint than with Frye/Harris though).

But this is Jacque Vaughn's problem to solve.

Back
Top Bottom