2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-BUT SHOOTING FREE THROWS IS SOMETHING YOU'RE BORN WITH, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPROVE YOUR FT PERCENTAGE.
WE NEED TO CHANGE ALL THE RULES TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR DEANDRE, DWIGHT, AND ANDRE.

Lmaooo :rofl:

What makes this even more stupid is how people try to say it's a skill some just can't work on or learn to improve .......but then you always hear about how these dudes knock down all their freebies in practice and just nut up when it's game time. That would indicate a lack of confidence, not a lack of skill or ability. It's not like these mfers are incompetent, they're entirely capable.

So what it comes down to is that we are making excuses and exceptions for these dudes BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED AND MENTALLY WEAK. That is ******* ridiculous and I can't believe anybody would sign off on that. I haven't heard not one player actually agree that there should be a rule change. These dudes are about to make insane amounts of money and we wanna give them a pass because they can't handle the pressure of making a wide open 15 footer.

G alllllllllll the way tfohwtbs

Last edited:
B-BUT SHOOTING FREE THROWS IS SOMETHING YOU'RE BORN WITH, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPROVE YOUR FT PERCENTAGE.
WE NEED TO CHANGE ALL THE RULES TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR DEANDRE, DWIGHT, AND ANDRE.

Hey, Whiteside has shot free throws well for a few games. Good for him. You know what that proves? That Whiteside is capable of being a good free throw shooter. That's it. Doesn't mean that DJ, Dwight and Drummond can do the same thing. Different people have different ceilings for different things. None of those guys I mentioned will ever be that good, no matter how hard they practice.

And that has always been my only point about this. I just don't agree with the idea that, "if these guys just get in the gym and practice, this whole hack-a thing will go away." Because they do practice, a lot. And it doesn't help much. For Whiteside it did. Great.

For the record, despite my feeling that DJ can't really improve, I'm not in favor of any rule changes. Either he hits his FTs or Doc takes him out of the game. Its not the league's problem to fix.

Jordan says his lack of free throw shooting success is a mental issue, not mechanical. He added that he has a hang-up about shooting free throws in front of large crowds—something the Clippers have plenty of over the past few seasons. “When I [shoot free throws] in practice, I make them,” said Jordan.

Before those two games, Stan Van Gundy told the media that Drummond hits roughly 70 percent of his practice tries, sees progress in practice and then it is somehow getting worse in games. SVG then calls attention to it being a psychological issue:

"There's clearly a psychological component to it and something that he's got to continue to work through in terms of his mental practice and his routines to get to the point that it will translate into games."

Throughout his struggles, the Lakers and Howard have claimed that he shoots quite well in practice — over 80 percent, in fact. For some observers, that has been difficult to believe based on Howard's in-game performance.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Howard said. “So much has been talked about free throws, just let it go. We talk about it so much, I think about it at the line. I don’t want to think about it. I want to shoot.
“That’s what I do in practice. I shoot in practice and I don’t miss because I am not thinking about it.”

“It’s painful to watch anyone shoot free throws poorly," Barry told the Times. "It’s inexcusable to me because anybody can learn how to do something and do it well if you work at it enough.” Barry made 89.3 percent of his free throw attempts during a 14-season career in the NBA and ABA.

:stoneface:

Last edited:
."I'm increasingly of the view that we will be looking to make some sort of change in that rule this summer," Silver told USA Today Sports. "Even for those who had not wanted to make the change, we're being forced to that position just based on these sophisticated coaches understandably using every tactic available to them. It's just not the way we want to see the game"

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Wiggins learning from lebron would've been crazy.

Just would've been real interesting. I guess every team can have its fantasy story but this one actually happened then it was broken up.

And this is not me saying I want him over Love (felt weird typing that) just thinking about it you can only imagine the fast breaks :smh: :x

Kobe-yashi gonna play in the big National TV game against the Dubs tomorrow or nah? I'm thinking nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom