2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmelo Anthony: Knicks Forward Says He Wants to Be 'Head of the Table' in Recruiting Free Agents
"I don't have a choice but to go out there and do my job and try to get people to come," Anthony told reporters of his plans for convincing players to join the Knicks in the coming offseason.

Carmelo Anthony makes public pitch for Rajon Rondo: He would be ‘perfect’ in Knicks system

“I think Rondo — just me personally, I don’t want to be tampering — but I’ve heard he said he wouldn’t thrive in a system like this,” Anthony said. “I think he’d be perfect in a system like this.”

Anthony then refuted the idea that the triangle isn’t a system for ball-dominant point guards, or averse to those like Rondo who aren’t good shooters but create through penetration.

“It is a misconception about that. Some of the keys of our offense is penetration, getting in the paint,” Anthony said. “Pushing the pace, transition. Creating in the paint for bigs, for yourself, everybody else. I think a point guard would love that. Especially a point guard who can penetrate, create for yourself, create for others. I think it’s a perfect opportunity for him.

“Put me at the head of the (meeting) table,” Anthony said. “And let’s go to work.”

CdCbk5-XIAAcjrS

:x :x :x

:nerd: :x

That new salary cap n tv deal...

I hope they'll break the record. I'll do whatever I can to get off work and watch their 73rd win on league pass/tv

mike had just 1 year of 30mil right? all the rest were lower? am I mistaken?

Mike was grossly underpaid as a player and made most of his money off of endorsements.

I forget the details. But it was something like the contract that ran through most of the 90s - through most of his championships - he had signed in 1989 or something like that.

Bulls had him on the Steph Curry discount deal until his last yr with the Bulls

Last edited:
I think 80% of the reason old heads hate the new NBA players is b/c of the money.
95%

MJ is eating so good he told Steph & Co to go ahead & break the record :lol: he couldn't care less

true. But I remember hearing buss signed or tried to sign magic to a 20 year/ 20 million dollar deal. That means mo cheeks was getting peanuts, which would explain why Darius Miles cussed him out.

20 year deal?? lmaoo got damn. gm's thought guys were robots huh? like they just never get washed. can youimage some of these guys signing 20 yrs? most would never finish it.

I'm not mad about the trade; Jeff has been decent with the Clips. But what Lance has been doing with the Grizz is what he was doing with the Clips when he got minutes. He really didn't do anything wrong here. But Doc is gonna Doc.

He fits perfectly in Memphis. He's going to extend the GnG era for at least another 2-3 years. I'm fine with that as long as we continue to develop our young guys (Martin, Green and Adams). I love what I'm seeing from Jamychal Green. A lot of Taj Gibson in him and he could very well be our starting PF next year next to Marc if we decide to give Zbo the bench role.

Unless Adams can get healthy and become a starter and we move Lance to SF, we need a starting SF. PJ Hairston is not good.

mike had just 1 year of 30mil right? all the rest were lower? am I mistaken?

Mike was grossly underpaid as a player and made most of his money off of endorsements.

I forget the details. But it was something like the contract that ran through most of the 90s - through most of his championships - he had signed in 1989 or something like that.

Bulls had him on the Steph Curry discount deal until his last yr with the Bulls

He signed for 8 years 25 million in 89, he never really asked to restructure it either if I'm not mistaken.

That 1 year 33 million dollar deal in 97-98 :wow:

Somebody gonna get 5 years 150 million this off-season tho :x

8 years/25 million

Smh

Probably not a coincidence the lockout happened shortly after Mike's 30 mil contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom