2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
People live to take away from whatever Kobe does.

And what's wrong with putting up 50 shots? He made 45% of them. Granted, he should've stepped in for some of those 3s, but how else is he supposed to get points? Attack the rim and get free throws?
no i may not like kobe but dude was great, highly skilled in all aspects of the game. ... 

that last game was trash though. ill call a spade a spade. 

jazz let him have a good game. they played that fake d , had nothing to play for and let kobe have his last moment. that was a wwe type game, both teams read the script

. might as well have been an exhibition game. 

damn. these games better start getting good. west is trash except for the top few teams. we need some good ball. we going to have to wait till the 2nd round for some good ball in the western conference it looks like. 

Last edited:
I wonder how much that defensive graphic takes into account the Warriors blow teams out by the third and are playing the second-third stringers in garbage time.

I was just thinking this. But wouldn't that make dray's metrics even more impressive? Since he's on the bench when the other team starts cutting into the lead and still has such a huge differential.
This is true, but the same could apply to Kawhi now that I think about it.

We can also consider the backups; Dray's is Barnes and Kawhi's is Kyle Anderson/Simmons.

i still dont get the point that you are trying to make

Last edited:
Did the league do the officiating report for the last 2 minutes of the Laker game? :lol: Gordon got mugged like 6 times at least

Nice Fit 
nthat.gif

I wonder how much that defensive graphic takes into account the Warriors blow teams out by the third and are playing the second-third stringers in garbage time.

I was just thinking this. But wouldn't that make dray's metrics even more impressive? Since he's on the bench when the other team starts cutting into the lead and still has such a huge differential.

We can also consider the backups; Dray's is Barnes and Kawhi's is Kyle Anderson/Simmons.

If you're keying in on the on vs off numbers in Dray's favor, it's probably due to the backup bigs not being that good (Ezeli injured, Speights is lazy, Varejao is slow, Barnes can be overmatched), thus making his different so high.

And is Kawhi wearing Kobe IIIs? :pimp:

If you're keying in on the on vs off numbers in Dray's favor, it's probably due to the backup bigs not being that good (Ezeli injured, Speights is lazy, Varejao is slow, Barnes can be overmatched), thus making his different so high.

but wouldn't that make him even a better candidate than klaw for DPOY?

That's up to you. Defensive stats are tricky.

I was good either way, but assumed Kawhi was going to win.

And what's wrong with putting up 50 shots? He made 45% of them. Granted, he should've stepped in for some of those 3s, but how else is he supposed to get points? Attack the rim and get free throws?
no i may not like kobe but dude was great, highly skilled in all aspects of the game. ... 

that last game was trash though. ill call a spade a spade. 

jazz let him have a good game. they played that fake d , had nothing to play for and let kobe have his last moment. that was a wwe type game, both teams read the script

. might as well have been an exhibition game. 
how exactly did they play fake D when all the shots were well contested? 

that put a hand up but dont do anything else. i do that when i play with my nephews. make it seem like im trying but im letting them get they shot off.

i saw that quite a few times. it was good acting on the jazz part cause i see many people were fooled by it or at least wanted to be fooled by it. 

Last edited:
that put a hand up but dont do anything else. i do that when i play with my nephews. make it seem like im trying but im letting them get they shot off.
 i saw that quite a few times. it was good acting on the jazz part cause i see many people were fooled by it or at least wanted to be fooled by it. 

Agreed. And Hella props to Kobe....

But Jazz were playing that fake D like a mug :lol:. Every hooper knows what that is. Hell, Gordon Hayward commited a lane violation when Kobe was shooting his last free throw to get 60.....so that just in case Kobe missed, he'd get another attempt :lol:.

That was the mentality of the game. Kobe had to go out there and perform, and hit some shots. But Utah was sending fake doubles, bad close outs, fake contests, etc etc.

Lakersman change your SN, seriously
laugh.gif

Even if Kobe scored 60 on 25/30 shooting and knocked Utah out the playoffs haters would still find a way to downplay it. It's what haters do.
Best of 6 would be interesting fa sho
Lol no
best of 6 wtf. 

nah im a laker fan homie not a kobe stan. i call a spade a spade. not my fault kobe fans cant do that. the name on the front of the jersey> name on the back. 

and how is that different than any other defense being played in the nba?

in most cases on D you dont want to jump you just want to put a hand up to make the shot more difficult 

no one in the nba is acting or trying to let their opponents have a great game, its just something people want to think because they cant believe what actually happened

how are these shots any different from these? (they are not)

he took 50 shots?

Plus let's not act like the jazz didn't let kobe have his moment. We could've won the game in the final stretch if we wanted to. 

We were already knocked outta the playoffs by tip, so the game didn't mean much to us.

Man stop. I'm not taking anything away from bean. Pointing out that he put up 50 shots isn't a knock on him. He's one of the greatest scorers ever, therefore taking 50 shots means he's bound to score points.

Saying Team X doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs because known great scorer player Y puts up however many points is a stupid argument.

And is Kawhi wearing Kobe IIIs?
pimp.gif
Freudian slip right there

I haven't ever seen you say anything positive about the Lakers at all, not just Kobe. Unless you're just one of those that only supports the team when they're on top, the gold digging wench type of fan.

I guess Houston let Kobe get 35 too when they were fighting for the playoffs.
i support the team at all times. i rock my laker gear proudly even when we suck. been a laker fan since the mid 90s before we were good.

i hate fairweather and bandwagoner type fans. that aint me but i dont like watching players past they prime. it was embarrassing watching kobe these past few years. thats not the dude who we were used to . im a huge what have you done for me lately type fan as far as players go and kobe only hurt us the past few years. 

what positive is there to say. i hate dlo wish we wouldve drafted porzingus. we won 17 games. why would i have anything positive to say other then i hope we get to keep our draft pick next year. 

and how is that different than any other defense being played in the nba?

in most cases on D you dont want to jump you just want to put a hand up to make the shot more difficult 

no one in the nba is acting or trying to let their opponents have a great game, its just something people want to think because they cant believe what actually happened

how are these shots any different from these? (they are not)

kobe was the man dude i may not like him but i always respected his game.  youve never heard me disrespect his game, say hes overrated or anything of that sort.

. if you cant see the difference i dont know what else to say other then i agree to disagree with you. 

Last edited:
Love Kobe but they definitely weren't playing Defense against Utah. how you let a 37 year old blow past you on the baseline 
sick.gif
. Rockets already clinched the playoffs like two hours before the game so Jazz literally had nothing to play for

kobe was the man dude i may not like him but i always respected his game.  youve never heard me disrespect his game, say hes overrated or anything of that sort.
. if you cant see the difference i dont know what else to say other then i agree to disagree with you. 

:lol: aka I don't have an answer they're contesting shots in the first video very similarly to what happened last Wednesday. It's just hard to rationalize how a washed up Kobe put up 60, that's all you had to say. When in reality save that OKC game, he'd played one of the better stretches of ball this season in the last week and a half for him.

Love Kobe but they definitely weren't playing Defense against Utah. how you let a 37 year old blow past you on the baseline :x . Rockets already clinched the playoffs like two hours before the game so Jazz literally had nothing to play for

And yet the Jazz still had a decent lead late in the game, and happened to choke it away. They had nothing to play for, but seemed to do just that for probably 40 minutes.

And is Kawhi wearing Kobe IIIs?
pimp.gif
difference between dray and backups doesnt mean he's the best defender though

kawaii shouldn't be penalised for having teammates that are better defenders 

i support the team at all times. i rock my laker gear proudly even when we suck. been a laker fan since the mid 90s before we were good.
i hate fairweather and bandwagoner type fans. that aint me but i dont like watching players past they prime. it was embarrassing watching kobe these past few years. thats not the dude who we were used to . im a huge what have you done for me lately type fan as far as players go and kobe only hurt us the past few years. 

what positive is there to say. i hate dlo wish we wouldve drafted porzingus. we won 17 games. why would i have anything positive to say other then i hope we get to keep our draft pick next year. 

But that's basically what you are tho :lol:. When they're back to being good you'll be all smiles but until then you have nothing nice to say. You would hate zingy too if you got to see his ups and downs as a laker. And you're gonna hate the draft pick because rookies suck in general.
You're the type of dude to divorce his wife once her tiddies start sagging.

Look at how wavy supported mudiay when he was having literally the worst season in NBA history. That's real fandom right there.

Last edited:
But that's basically what you are tho
laugh.gif
. When they're back to being good you'll be all smiles but until then you have nothing nice to say. You would hate zingy too if you got to see his ups and downs as a laker. And you're gonna hate the draft pick because rookies suck in general.
You're the type of dude to divorce his wife once her tiddies start sagging.

Look at how wavy supported mudiay when he was having literally the worst season in NBA history. That's real fandom right there.
 i still watch all the games and root for them. i dont go mia when they suck. big difference. im real tho. i dont like any of the players on our squad right now. randle is okay but dlo . f dlo. never wanted him. cause your a fan you got to like the players on the team. miss me with that . sounds like homer talk. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom