2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm seeing regular average at best defense that you would expect from a non playoff team.

It's called looking at things rationally when it comes to Kobe, you should try it sometime
One of 3 people who legit chime in literally every single Kobe discussion of criticism suggesting that someone think rationally regarding Kobe.

Boooooyyyyyy 
laugh.gif

As usual when you can't retort to the argument you focus on who's talking.
Don't even. 
laugh.gif

So focusing on who's talking means you can't retort?

Like when someone focuses on who's talking by suggesting that they look at Kobe rationally sometime?

laugh.gif

(Whoops.)

Let's back up a tick.

Back to my most recent response, which had nothing to do with who was talking:

We're watching the same thing, but you're seeing them with Game 7 Finals tenacity in their movements, I see them with 'Sure, nephew, you suuuure got me!' tenacity.

'S all it is.

(Your turn, but with nothing said about who's talking, since BY YOUR OWN ATTEMPT AT CRITICISM that means you have no retort. 
wink.gif
 )

Last edited:
Yes, I pointed out how you were wrong then made a comment about you after I proved you wrong.

You simply made a comment about me without any other substance. Classic deflection tactic

Take into account they were playing three career backups (Withey/Booker/Mack), two rookies (Lyles/Neto), fourth wing (Ingles) and a journeyman (Johnson) to go with Hayward and Hood. Come on.

They did a fine job on defense considering the circumstances.

Yes, I pointed out how you were wrong then made a comment about you after I proved you wrong.

You simply made a comment about me without any other substance. Classic deflection tactic
No I'm seeing regular average at best defense that you would expect from a non playoff team.

It's called looking at things rationally when it comes to Kobe, you should try it sometime
One of 3 people who legit chime in literally every single Kobe discussion of criticism suggesting that someone think rationally regarding Kobe.

Boooooyyyyyy 
laugh.gif

As usual when you can't retort to the argument you focus on who's talking.
EL

OH

EL

(both of us being veteran debaters, we know that's a debating flaw; this is where you admit you were wrong for that tactic)

Last edited:
Take into account they were playing three career backups (Withey/Booker/Mack), two rookies (Lyles/Neto), fourth wing (Ingles) and a journeyman (Johnson) to go with Hayward and Hood. Come on.

They did a fine job on defense considering the circumstances.

Just let them type thru it b. They'll be fine in a couple hours.

The Jazz didn't appear to let kobe do anything.

The fact of the matter is, when a player is being given the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME, and shoots EVERY SINGLE SHOT, and eventually shoot 50 DAMN SHOTS, it's going to appear at some points that they "aren't trying" or whatever. But defensive breakdowns, miscommunications, etc. happen within every basketball game. It's just magnified in this circumstance because the player is getting the ball every single time and shooting every single shot.

[quote name="shoeking2102"]The Jazz didn't appear to let kobe do anything.

The fact of the matter is, when a player is being given the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME, and shoots EVERY SINGLE SHOT, and eventually shoot 50 DAMN SHOTS, it's going to appear at some points that they "aren't trying" or whatever. But defensive breakdowns, miscommunications, etc. happen within every basketball game. It's just magnified in this circumstance because the player is getting the ball every single time and shooting every single shot.[/quote]Makes sense.

No sarcasm.

No dark text.

That makes sense.

Last edited:

The Jazz didn't appear to let kobe do anything.

The fact of the matter is, when a player is being given the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME, and shoots EVERY SINGLE SHOT, and eventually shoot 50 DAMN SHOTS, it's going to appear at some points that they "aren't trying" or whatever. But defensive breakdowns, miscommunications, etc. happen within every basketball game. It's just magnified in this circumstance because the player is getting the ball every single time and shooting every single shot.
Pretty much. I felt weird reading posts today that suggested Utah gave him 60 points or that they didn't play hard. I guess I was just watching a different game than them, and I really don't like Kobe. Felt like the Jazz were trying to win (after all, they still had a chance to get into the playoffs with a W), as evidenced when they were up by double digits late in the game

I still can't even tell how impressive I find the performance. It's crazy that he attempted 50 shots to begin with

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/638376/2015-2016-nba-regular-season-non-playoff-discussion-only-kawhi-leonard-wins-dpoy/89340#post_25637833"]

[QUOTE url="/t/638376/2015-2016-nba-regular-season-non-playoff-discussion-only-kawhi-leonard-wins-dpoy/89340#post_25637795"]

Boooooyyyyyy :lol:  
As usual when you can't retort to the argument you focus on who's talking.[/QUOTE]
EL

OH

EL

(both of us being veteran debaters, we know that's a debating flaw; this is where you admit you were wrong for that tactic)
[/quote]Nothing wrong with taking personal shots, I do it all the time. But if a response is nothing but a personal shot then that's just lazy.

I do it at times too, which is usually when I'm unable or unwilling to put in the effort to counter the actual argument.

Oooh, let's try that with other things. :D

"Nothing wrong with smoking, as long as you ate your vegetables that day."

"Nothing wrong with wearing someone one else's underwear, as long as you're wearing a freshly pressed shirt, too."

"Nothing wrong with leaving your headlights off when you're driving at night, as long as you use your hand signals."

You have opened my eyes to a new concept! :smokin

(Now what I've done here, I've set your next response up beautifully. "You're seriously comparing personal shots online to driving like a maniac with no headlights at night or smoking or sharing underwear?" Super easy for ya. :smile: )

Last edited:
Oooh, let's try that with other things.
happy.gif

"Nothing wrong with smoking, as long as you ate your vegetables that day."

"Nothing wrong with wearing someone one else's underwear, as long as you're wearing a freshly passed shirt, too."

"Nothing wrong with leaving your headlights off when you're driving at night, as long as you use your hands signals."

You have opened my eyes to a new concept!
smokin.gif

(Now what I've done here, I've set your next response up beautifully. "You're seriously comparing personal shots online to driving like a maniac with no headlights at night or smoking or sharing underwear?" Super easy for ya.
smile.gif
)
well the focus is not so much on the personal shots but rather addressing the arguments.

"i only care about you eating your vegetables, so if you do that feel free to smoke" 

"if you take personal shots or not I really dont care, as long as there is a part of the most which responds to my argument" 

I have had people throw all types of insults at me but as long as they include something to continue the discussion I dont mind and continue to engage in discussion.

sidenote: most people seem to not understand how comparisons work, it doesn't matter how different the examples are as long as the logic checks out it works as a comparison.

Pacers taking this series. Tried tellin' ya'll Toronto is all hype until they show they can advance past a round in the playoffs...Unfortunately for them, they play Indiana first round.

People are really still debating the legitimacy/impressiveness of Kobe's final game? That's devotion. I'm not sure exactly to what, but to . . . something . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom