2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 Shoes are indeed trash.

Deron Williams intends to opt out of the second season of his contract with the Mavericks, sources told ESPN.com.

Williams, 31, who could have made $5.6 million next season, plans to seek a multi-year deal that could be the final contract of his career, the sources said. There will be mutual interest in his return to Dallas after he averaged 14.1 points and 5.8 assists this season.

"I would love to be back," Williams said during exit interviews this week. "This was a great year for me. My family is settled and happy here, so it'd definitely be great to be back."

Williams, a native of the Dallas area, needs surgery to repair the sports hernia that caused him to miss most of the Mavs' playoff surgery but should be completely healthy entering training camp.
My dude D-Will ready to get the jig ready, again.

:lol: :lol: people were so shocked that he wasn't completely abysmal and showed a couple flashes of the old D-Will that they kept mentioning he was #byke. Somebody is gonna get fooled, especially after this sports hernia.

It's crazy that he's only 31 and he fell off years ago. He used to give the Lakers hell from 08-10.

^ I saw someone on ESPN mention that earlier.

There's no way, man. 
laugh.gif

That's just The Network stirring things up.

the actual headline was something like "Danny Ainge believes he'll get a meeting with Kevin Durant" :lol:

Last big free agent to sign with Boston was a washed Dominique Wilkins so you ain't gotta worry your pretty little head bout that

Last edited:
View media item 2013487
And come on Lin's age 23 season was Linsanity :lol: JC was never given the controls like that

PER 36 AGE 23 season.

19.6 PPG 4 RPG 8.3 APG .550 TS%

17.3 4.4 RPG 2.7 APG .516 TS%

Which is Lin, which is Jordan Clarkson?

Lin is also a better defensive player. (which isn't saying much)

Similar type of players, penetrating combo guards, with streaky jumpers.

Difference is Lin isn't a disaster on defense, and is a significantly better passer and probably a slightly better shooter.

Ya know what, just cuz I'm bored, lightly sauced and this is such an incredibly fugazi argument I'm actually gonna put in the effort to give this a half *** rebuttal.

First off, you used per 36 :rofl:. That was your first fallacy. For one, at age 23, Lin played 35 games at 26 mpg whereas JC played 79 at 32 mpg. So of course lin's numbers are gonna be hella inflated when you add 10 fake minutes compared to 4 for JC. Why not use lin's per 36 and jc's per 42 if we're just making up crap. The irony that per 36 is meant to be used to make things even when that's exactly not what's happening.

In reality, you know like real life and not hypothetically adjusted fantasy stats, lin's numbers have actually gone DOWN damn near across the board in years when he plays more than 26 minutes a game. Flush per 36 down the toilet, it's complete ****.

For your next trick you used ts% which accounts for points from free throws. The truth is that JC actually shoots a HIGHER percentage from the line, he just shoots less free throws while scoring more points. So what do you want, more points or more free throws? Simple. JC also shoots higher from 3 and thus has a higher effective fg%.

Your third, fourth and fifth fallacy. You neglected to mention that JC played the 2 this season hence the lower assist totals. You also completely omitted turnovers which evens the field with Lin at 1.7 to jc's 1.4 assist to turnover ratio. Lastly you failed to include the points each player actually scored in real life where JC again has the edge at 15.5 to 14.6. For his career Lin has never scored more than 14.6 or logged more than 32 mpg.

And the final nail in the coffin, you can compare JC at age 23 to a prime 27 year old Lin this season, a season which Lin supporters point to and claim he's at his best and a better player than ever, and JC has an even greater advantage in points, fg%, 3fg%, 2p fg%, efg%, rebounds, steals, turnovers and PPG. AND in reality a 23 year old JC was STILL better than a 23 year old Lin who caught fire and played the best ball of his life under a coach notorious for inflating of numbers on top of a TINY sample size which inflated his numbers even more. So in other words lin's absolute best wasn't better overall than JC this season.

So yea, JC>>lin

Last edited:
I think there were better options for the Lakers.. Don't think Luke has enough experience. I would have stayed in GS and waited til Kerr retired which is gonna be soon with them back problems.

But that's just me.. good for them

Last edited:
Nah, man.

I'll try to be open minded.

I guess.

Dude's only HC experience has been being a substitute teacher for an injured Kerr at the start of the season. That was Kerr's team, Kerr's roster, Kerr's rotations, Kerr's offense, Kerr's defense... and Luuuuuke just stepped in and ran it. He didn't build it. He ran it.

Now he has to build a program.

My program.

For the second time today:

Eff my life.

*see other teams doing good things*

*remember you're a Knicks fan

*eats 2 doughnuts & a bowl of ice cream*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom