2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

i guess for me, my last resort would be Pat Beverly. doesn't seem to be a headcase, plays locked down d, still young and efficient. prob be cheaper too. i think if reggie wasn't the type to command a near max deal, i'd be more willing to gamble on him.

Last edited:
^^^ P Bev is cool, he is tenacious, maybe he won't set any scoring records, but he is a goon PG and we don't see that too often. It's still early and I can't really think of PGs that will be available, but Bev is towards the bottom, but I think we could succeed with him, or dare I even say Rondo, as much as I was down on having him on the squad.

@JohnnyRedStorm  fair enough. I too do think that Beverly could be a good option if we don't draft Russell or sign Knight as opposed to handing a much bigger deal to Reggie Jackson. Beverly is obviously a phenomenal defender who could knock down the 3.

If we do wind up with Beverly though, we better stockpile scorers at other positions.

like hibbert, if we were one player away, i'd take the chance on reggie. cause at that point, you're so close and just that one piece is needed, the risk-reward is more favorable. with where we are as a franchise, where we need a lot of help, idk, just feel like we may be better being a little more frugal with this money. either way, i just want to see a good team fielded that plays hard, doesn't cause headaches and wins games.

I wish Wes Matthews didn't get hurt, I think he'd compliment Melo as our primary scorers, I know I'm reaching by even suggesting that we would've got him anyway, but tell me you can't see Bev/Knight/Rondo-Melo-Matthews working. Out luck our other scorer would be someone like Joe Johnson.

Last edited:
i've said it a few times, and while i would love one of these free agents from the blazers, i just dont see paul allen letting them get away. especially with the way this salary cap is expanding in the next 3 years. i really want jimmy butler so hopefully chicago screws up and pisses him off or something.

i've said it a few times, and while i would love one of these free agents from the blazers, i just dont see paul allen letting them get away. especially with the way this salary cap is expanding in the next 3 years. i really want jimmy butler so hopefully chicago screws up and pisses him off or something.

Damn JRS, YOU and I both know Paul Allen has money longer than train smoke and he won't let none of his guys walk, but can I dream from time to time? Butler would be ideal, depending on who comes in to coach next season for them, I can see him being attainable.

Barbosa for the bench anyone, just kidding. I took a beating for the suggestion last time.

Last edited:
I wish Wes Matthews didn't get hurt, I think he'd compliment Melo as our primary scorers, I know I'm reaching by even suggesting that we would've got him anyway, but tell me you can't see Bev/Knight/Rondo-Melo-Matthews working. Out luck our other scorer would be someone like Joe Johnson.
If anything, Wes' injury probably improves the chance that the Knicks can get him if we really went after him.

Unlikely we are able to get him regardless, I know that Portland loves him and the feeling is mutual, but they have a lot of their own players to resign and still have Lillard to pay down the road. If we really went after him and gave him a decent signed deal, Portland may be hesitant to compete with us with Wes coming off a pretty severe injury.

Prior to the injury I would have said there is a next to nothing chance the Knicks would wind up with Wes Matthews. After the injury I still think that it is unlikely, but definitely a little more likely if we are really interested in him and really go after him like the injury never happened.

And **** the ESPN NBA Draft lottery simulator. Was just ******* around with it bored as **** and they just will not let my boy Russell wind up on the Knicks. No matter where we wind up they got us taking Emmanuel Mudiay and Justice Winslow ahead of him but at the same time he goes as high as #2 depending on the team that gets the pick. I don't know how they **** the determine team needs 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Damn JRS, YOU and I both know Paul Allen has money longer than train smoke and he won't let none of his guys walk, but can I dream from time to time? Butler would be ideal, depending on who comes in to coach next season for them, I can see him being attainable.
dream? never!

:lol:

If we get the second pick, would that ruin the chances of getting Cousins?

I'd like to sign Cousins if possible, move Melo to the 4 spot. and go after D. or. J. Green, J. Butler, Stephenson and Butler

Since we are in the same position (Knicks, Lakers) for the most part.. Will be chasing the same people.

A couple of guys that we both should chance are not going to be available.

Goran Dragic - Heat do not trade for him, unless they were confident that he would be back. Maybe he's available and can be swayed, but it will be for a max deal to get him from the Heat. Arison & Riley just barely missed the playoffs with their best player having his season cut short without an injury. So they'll be willing to invest big money on Dragic to try and get something from Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh. Also Whiteside may be in serious play after 2015-16 season because he's not a RFA. May need to build a team with an idea that Whiteside could be gone even if they wanted to keep him.

Brandon Knight - Suns traded Dragic for him (basically) But they are not going to let him go for anything even a max deal. Why? They traded away the Lakers pick that could have been #6 in the draft and at that time in February was still a possibility for the Lakers to be the 5th or 6th worst team, and pretty much make it a 50/50 chance of getting that pick from LA. They don't trade that to Philly if they were not willing to go max for Knight.

As for Cousins.. They are not going to trade him. They don't have the balls to. And even if they did... It will cost more than a Top 3 pick. Remember Love was in the last year of his contract, openly said he was going to leave, and that cost a #1 pick, the #1 pick from the season before, AND technically Thad Young in the 3 team trade (Thad is still a young guy). Cousins is still under contract for 3 more seasons after this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom