2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Glad we didn't get Waiters. We've had our full of knuckle headed sg' these lat few seasons. I gave up on THJR the moment that he played Prigs. :smh:

I honestly dont know how any of you guys could rationalize not taking Dion if we were able to get him. We got Lou ******* Amudson and Lance Thomas. I dont care what you might think about a player. Fact is an asset is a ******* asset. It is always better to have an asset who didnt fit in than 2 ******* non assets. And if Dion were traded to us it would have avoided his rough season in OKC, which has hurt his trade value.

If he went straight to us, we could have played the **** out of him, and let him dominate the ball and score like he enjoys while we go into ******* tankmode. The season was ******* over anyway, who cares if he killed team chemistry. I still disagree that he does this, but its ******* irrelevant because there was no ******* chemistry to ******* destroy. Dion would have gotten burn on a miserable Knicks team and likely would have dropped buckets, increasing his trade value as opposed to hurtingng it like he did in OKC (led by another ball dominator in Westbrook, btw).

Dion would have provided a little spark to a Knicks season that needed it. If he failed than who ******* cares!! Oh no!! We wouldnt have gotten Amudson and Thomas!! But what likely would have happened is that ball dominating scoring guard Dion would have been able to dominate the ball and score on a ****** Knicks team and he would have put up career #s statistically. THEN if Phil liked what he saw he could opt to keep him in that 6th man role he ******* THRIVED in at Cuse. If Phil didnt like his ball dominating style in his precious ******* triangle, he could have packaged his *** for A LOT more than he could out of Amudson/Thomas.

I dont care HOW u might feel about Dion. This was ******* stupid. There is no reason the Knicks shouldnt have gotten Dion in that deal. Its honestly as inexcusable as the Chauncey amnesty to me, looking back on it. Completely flew under my radar until yesterday when I rechecked the details of the trade, but it makes no ******* sense to me now.

At the very least Phil should have tried to leverage Reggie Jackson out of it, who they were getting rid of anyway. No reason we should have only gotten back Amudson/Thomas. None. Thunder were a POINTLESS third party.

Last edited:
THJR / Mudiay / Greek = fast break

Emmanuel Mudiay Sets Lakers, Minnesota Workouts; T'Wolves Express Consideration For No. 1 Pick
JUN 5, 2015 1:54 AM

Emmanuel Mudiay has scheduled only two predraft team workouts so far: the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday and Minnesota Timberwolves on June 20 and possibly sooner, with the T’Wolves convincing the 6-foot-5 guard that he’ll be under serious consideration with the No. 1 overall pick, sources told RealGM.

Minnesota recently reached out to Mudiay and its front office laid out a vision for a roster with him, Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine, sources said.

Mudiay spent the season in the Chinese Basketball Association, averaging 18 points in 12 games while sitting out for a stretch due to an ankle injury.

Mudiay has no workouts scheduled yet with the Philadelphia 76ers or New York Knicks, but is willing to visit every team in the top five, including the Orlando Magic. The Sacramento Kings have the No. 6 pick.

Mudiay, 19, went to high school in Texas and had committed to SMU before leaving to turn pro in China.

If T'wolves do not select a big, we have a shot at Towns Okafor.

fixed :smh:

Thunder gave them a first rounder for Dion tho...which they packaged (I believe) to get Mozgov.

Last edited:
Thunder gave them a first rounder for Dion tho...which they packaged (I believe) to get Mozgov.
Ah u right. THERE is the answer I was looking for 
roll.gif

did you forget about these?

The Knicks completed a wild day of trading on Friday when they sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley. The deal comes less than two hours after Donnie Walsh traded Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington.

signed-and-traded David Lee(notes)  into Ronny Turiaf(notes),  Anthony Randolph(notes)  and Kelenna Azubuike

The crazy thing about the David Lee trade was that Golden state wanted us to take Monta Ellis and we told them no!(notes

The Knicks completed a wild day of trading on Friday when they sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley. The deal comes less than two hours after Donnie Walsh traded Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington.

signed-and-traded David Lee(notes)  into Ronny Turiaf(notes),  Anthony Randolph(notes)  and Kelenna Azubuike

The crazy thing about the David Lee trade was that Golden state wanted us to take Monta Ellis and we told them no!(notes
That was all part of Donnie Walsh's cap clearing pan. I cant fault him for that nor fully assess that, considering that he was intervened and then pushed out the door by Dolan before his plan could develop properly.

Amare signing is still a misfire though.

Still to this day I'm mad we got rid of Zach Randolph and those Picks for Eddy Curry. Those moves were at the top of my Shtty moves list.

those are some horrific trades in hindsight

Eddie Curry was a man among boys, the next shaq if he didn't have those heart issues or eating issues or lack of will to be great or if he didn't have classic knicks syndrome. You can pick any or all that apply to him, but there is no way you can tell just how improbable looks to an objective party 5-10 years later whether its good or bad.

Eddie Curry was a man among boys, the next shaq if he didn't have those heart issues or eating issues or lack of will to be great or if he didn't have classic knicks syndrome. You can pick any or all that apply to him, but there is no way you can tell just how improbable looks to an objective party 5-10 years later whether its good or bad.
Cant tell if this was sarcastic or not but I hated that ************* Eddy Curry trade the ******* moment I found out about it just as much as I do now. Real NT OGs can support that claim. I think I started on NT in 07 but that was still when he had his strong Knicks fan backers. I was not one of them. To say the very ******* least. Even when he averaged 19 PPG or whatever the **** it was under that fluke *** Isiah system 
mean.gif

The hatred for that man was strong as ever in Yung GR8 
roll.gif

Knicks fan #34 for a reason 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom