2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Damn bros. I don't know if Mudiay is still gonna fall to us. His workouts are looking pretty damn impressive. Totally changed his shooting mechanics and bulked up. He's gonna terrorize defenders.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Some interesting draft trends that we should be looking at:

Last PG's to go #1:
2011 - Kyrie
2010 - Wall
2008 - D-Rose
1996 - Iverson

If Mudiay is continuing to beast his workouts, he is going #1 and honestly, I don't blame the T-Wolves for doing it. However, how does it impact us?

2011 - with Kyrie gone, bigs Katner and Tristan Thompson dropped to 3 and 4. Luckily for the Cavs they guessed right twice that draft at 1 and 4.
2010 - with Wall gone, Favors/W.Johnson/Cousins/Monroe dropped to 3, 4, 5 and 7.
2008 - with Rose gone, Westbrook falls to 4, and K.Love falls to 5. We take Danillo at 6 but even in hindsight there wasn't much left.
1996 - probably the best draft of all time so not gonna over analyze this one, but Marbury/Ray Allen go 4 and 5.

So...

Should the T-Wolves take Mudiay at #1 it would not be the end of the world to end up with the next best PG available (Russell) or our choice of one of the bigs (Towns/Okafor) as historically the next best PG at 4 seemed to pan out, or grabbing the big who is still around at that point.

But...

It's the Knicks. So I am preparing myself for us taking Winslow at 4, and then whoever goes 5 being an all star :smh:

honestly none of those drafts had a big like Towns. Yes Cousins is a stud, but there were a lot of maturity worries with him initially.

IF muddy goes first then i think lakers take okafor, philly takes russell, and we end up with towns. for some reason i think the lakers are more in love with okafor than towns. i could be completed wrong, but okafor would be the post scorer that they havent had since bynum.

IF muddy goes first then i think lakers take okafor, philly takes russell, and we end up with towns. for some reason i think the lakers are more in love with okafor than towns. i could be completed wrong, but okafor would be the post scorer that they havent had since bynum.

If it works out that way, the amazing thing is that each team would get the player they would have drafted if they would have had the first pick :wow:

im telling you if mudiay gets drafted before our pick it works out great for us... we will get okafor or russell... i dont see the lakers passing on towns if anything they would take russell... but i see them picking towns if hes available... worst case scenario we get mudiay which is still a good pick for us regardless.. it just sucks that the way the season ended we didnt get the first pick and couldnt land a big which we need more than a pg

If it works out that way, the amazing thing is that each team would get the player they would have drafted if they would have had the first pick :wow:

see what i did there >D

i just hope it works out that way. tbh, every team benefits from that scenario based off of each teams' needs. i mean minny doesnt necessarily NEED anyone bc they have rubio and gieng. of course they can improve at both positions, and i think they wanna unload rubio. i know they were hesitant to give rubio the max, and theyre regretting it now. so drafting a PG and tryna unload rubio seems like a very likely scenario.

see what i did there >D

i just hope it works out that way. tbh, every team benefits from that scenario based off of each teams' needs. i mean minny doesnt necessarily NEED anyone bc they have rubio and gieng. of course they can improve at both positions, and i think they wanna unload rubio. i know they were hesitant to give rubio the max, and theyre regretting it now. so drafting a PG and tryna unload rubio seems like a very likely scenario.

does any team have enough ammo to move up to the #1 spot with minny?

said this 193738 times...any of these outcomes & i'm happy:

• Towns
• Okafor
• Russell
• Mudiay
• Winslow
• trade for Cousins

i hear you bro, but we have nothing else to talk about until the draft haha.

but i dont think any team has the assets to trade for the top pick except for maybe cousins. i mean im sure there are players that could warrant being traded for the pick, but in terms of players being available, i dont think so. i think cousins is the only player of his caliber that might move on draft night.

Back
Top Bottom