2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Curry broke the record for most 3's missed in a Finals game originally set by John Starks

Hey JRS, Starks has a message for you

johnstarks2.jpg

**** Starks
Uh Uh! We dont do that in here.

Say what you want about Starks, no Knick in our lifetime (after Ewing himself) truly understood what playing for the "New York" on the chest meant (or should mean) quite like Starks did.

Say whatever the **** you want about his playing style and/or his shot selection. I will always idolize Starks for that much. Dude came out of nowhere and embraced NYC as much as we embraced him.

It is why the JR Smith (mental ******* ******) comparisons SICKEN me. Because JR probably understood less than any Knick of our lifetime (after Eddy Curry maybe) what Starks understood best, and just what being a professional should mean in general.

I mean just look at what JR said after the game last night...
"Please win this game," he said. "I don't want the phone calls, the emails, Instagrams, tweets, memes. I don't want none of that right now."
That quote right there is as JR as it gets. He doesnt give a **** about winning, doesnt give a **** about the fans, he just worries about himself getting **** on ******* Instagram. Dude has absolutely 0 regard for ANYBODY besides himself. Same ******* reason that when the Knicks were playing their worst ball in years, thanks to JR playing the worst ball of his career, he was out there having a great old ******* time, not giving a **** about anything going on, untying MF's shoelaces and ****. 

I backed up JR through all of his poor performances, even through Chris ******* Smith saga. "Shoelace-gate" is what drew the line for me defending him. And I will fully admit that I would have laughed at it if we were winning and JR was playing 6th Man of the year ball. I will fully admit that and I dont think that is hypocritical at all. The point was that we were ******* losing. And JR was averaging about 12 PPG on 30% shooting at the time. Like throw us a ******* bone. Show the fans who love and support you all the time through constant criticism that you give a **** even 1% as much as we do that we are losing. JR Smith is a loser and a mental ******* ******. always has been, always will be. And it is that mindset that he perfectly summed up in those postgame comments that sum up exactly why JR CONSTANTLY buckles under pressure. He did it in Denver, then in NY, and he is doing more of the same now. JR only "doesnt give a ****" when he is losing. Because he is a ******* loser. In the very sense of the word.

It is this reason why I almost always support ex-Knicks long after their Knicks years or done. It is the reason why the Warriors became my 2nd favorite team back in 2010, when they signed/traded for David Lee, the polar opposite of JR. It is the reason I support Nate Robinson like I am back in Middle School wherever the **** he ends up playing. It is the reason I supported Prigioni, Shumpert, Tyson, Amare, and and even ******* Mozgov throughout these playoffs.

Some of these players I have supported more than others but I supported each and every one of them none the less. Even an ex-Knick like Amare, who I have SO many issues with regarding his tenure in NY. But I still support Amare. Because at the end of the day, he as well as the rest of those players, gave a **** about being a Knick. They handled themselves like professionals and at least somewhat understood the honor it should be to call MSG your homecourt and wear that legendary "New York" across your chest. The same "New York" that warriors like Willis Reed, Clyde, Ewing, and Starks all wore with pride/honor before you. Showed some ******* respect.

I honestly dont care how anyone actually performed on the Knicks. Some of my all time favorite Knicks were extremely flawed players, I can understand that. But simply respecting/honoring the NY and our long suffering fanbase, just doing that ******* much, is basically enough to earn my support for the rest of your careers. Starks understood this better than any Knick of our lifetime (after Ewing). JR didnt give a **** about it. Dont get me wrong, JR LOVED being a Knick. He loved what playing in NY did for HIM, he liked playing with Melo, but he couldnt give a **** about the other way around. So just like I will forever despise dudes like Eddy Curry and Steve ******* Francis because of their NY tenures, **** JR smith. **** him so hard.

But dont speak blasphemous about the great John Starks.  Say whatever you want, but Starks was all ******* heart all the ******* time.

#MondayMorningRant

Last edited:
Well said gr8t, we can speak about the infamous finals and starks going ice cold but he is still a Knicl legend imo. Legendary battles with the pacers, bulls, and if you want to mention the magic Starks was "pound for pound" holding his own against hall of fame caliber players.

watching the finals make me miss Mozgov so much more. I can deal with Shump and JR not being here. But Mozgov, :smh: Dude is a beast

If not for Starks, Knicks don't even get to that game 7. Dude had the most heart ever. I wish I wasn't so young at the time so I could appreciate it more

Starks is the reason I wear number 3 in anything I do.

Dude had some sort of raw swag and hot headedness about him that screamed EFF the world. (Beside the Knicks )

Dude was my favorite, even more than Pat. It's a shame he won't get a retired number

Edit: beat me to the punch

Last edited:
JR is an idiot. he almost cost them the game on multiple occasions with those stupid fouls. you guys still think he was worth more than what he is? guarantee if there was some else to play (thats young enough to actually compete) than he wouldnt be playing. thats what happens though when your bench is consists of washed up has beens. so blatt is forced to play JR and hope he doesnt **** up.

Back
Top Bottom