2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

How good is Cameron Payne who's predicted to go around #12-14?
Stats - 20.2 ppg, 6.0 apg, 3.7 rpg

How good is Cameron Payne who's predicted to go around #12-14?
Stats - 20.2 ppg, 6.0 apg, 3.7 rpg

Phil Jackson playing Jedi mind tricks on the rest of the NBA :lol:

Didn't Kevin McHale do something similar with Kevin Garnett when he was being scouted? Funny thing was McHale ended up liking Garnett and drafted him.

i think Phil is just doing his due dilligence working out late lottery players.

anything can happen on draft night & you don't wanna some information on a guy if you actually do end up moving down.

--------

Mudiay's form does look better...in the video's i've watched he sometimes released the ball on his way down like Shump used to do. looks more fluid & consistent in that vine, even though it's a 1 on none workout

Last edited:
The GR8ST has a sharp *** memory
Was I right about Bosh/Ray Allen?

I know the Mo Williams **** was right. But I thought I was right about Bosh/Ray Ray being the 2 injured all-stars that year, but was not 1000% sure.

I swear im as spacey as they ******* come with most important ****. Only useless **** that gets my wheels turning (usually about the Knicks) that I will ******* remember for life 
laugh.gif

Also swear I didnt look that up. Just Lee's #s from that season I looked up obviously. Everything else was off the dome. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
"bum ***" & "Okafor" shouldn't be used in the same sentence

he doesn't play much defense but he'd step in day 1 & average 18-6-2. also he seems to be in better shape now than at Duke so be could turn in to an average defender

just makes me wonder if people even watched him at duke. his footwork, post moves and ability to kick out of double teams is impeccable for a prospect.

remember we still have a few trade exceptions that we can use, plus cap space, plus the 4 pick i think we def have a legit shot at being a force in the east this year.

With the Trade exceptions and cap space we can realistically add two proven impact players and some pieces, plus whoever we draft.

Last edited:
Easiest way into my Knicks fan heart is to play great defense from day 1, regardless of what the **** else you do. Okafor would have a lot of "winning me over" to do, to say the least.

Could have a strong case of "Eddy-Curry-syndrome" for me. All the old-timers know just what that was like 
laugh.gif

Not saying I would be closed minded necessarily and/or that he couldnt win me over. He would just have more of a hurdle to climb than most other prospects would.

Curry was never able to climb over that hurdle... Or any other ******* mental/physical hurdle he has ever faced in his life, for that matter.

******* big *** mental ****** 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

EDIT: I will admit that Okafor's ability to pass out of the post already FAR exceeds Curry's in his prime. He is also has better footwork.

Last edited:
Dude is gonna have the impact of Nene or David Lee.

No defense, non-super athlete post players are a dime a dozen.

They don't make anything happen in today's NBA.

At his absolute best, Okafor can have a Zach Randolph type impact on the game.

Not what I'm looking for from this pick. Might as well give Monroe the Max, cause they're gonna have the same impact on our franchise.

Good 3rd option.

Don't want.

Last edited:

Easiest way into my Knicks fan heart is to play great defense from day 1, regardless of what the **** else you do. Okafor would have a lot of "winning me over" to do, to say the least.

Could have a strong case of "Eddy-Curry-syndrome" for me. All the old-timers know just what that was like 
laugh.gif

Not saying I would be closed minded necessarily and/or that he couldnt win me over. He would just have more of a hurdle to climb than most other prospects would.

Curry was never able to climb over that hurdle... Or any other ******* mental/physical hurdle he has ever faced in his life, for that matter.

******* big *** mental ****** 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

EDIT: I will admit that Okafor's ability to pass out of the post already FAR exceeds Curry's in his prime. He is also has better footwork.
I remember when i was in Chicago and Curry was still with the bulls and i went to the game and was thinking "Man this cat is lazy and has no hustle, looks like he doesn't even want to really be out there" and a few years later he was traded to us.

Last edited:
Just so you know we aren't the only ones working Payne out.

It should be noted that the Los Angeles Lakers, who own the No. 2 pick in the draft, will also work out Payne, as reported by Yahoo Sports' Marc Spears. Perhaps New York isn't the only big-market team with this plan.

The Knicks will also reportedly work out Justise Winslow, Willie Caulie-Stein and Emmanuel Mudiay soon, and they've been linked to Trey Lyles  as well. Good luck trying to predict what they do.

Dude is gonna have the impact of Nene or David Lee.

David Lee's professionalism and approach to the game was his greatest skill. Dont just assume that ANY prospect will be that way. Even in the Russell article I posted it mentioned how DLo will have to learn how to be "a professional" in the NBA. EVERY prospect does, and Lee was second to nobody (or very few others) in that regard.

David Lee wasnt the David Lee he is now as a prospect. I'm not necessarily accusing you of assuming this, just pointing out that everyone gets so caught up with player comparisons that we sometimes forget how players were looked at as draft prospects themselves. Lee was basically a 4 year role player at Florida. He was the least hyped prospect in a 3 man draft class that wasnt even all too good. I still dont consider Lee to be a better prospect than Channing Frye was, necessarily. Using typical scouting methods of a player's basketball skill only. ****, if Eddy Curry shared Lee's approach, he could have even been great. 

Just look at how much David Lee took it upon himself to grow as a player on a Knicks team that basically ******* sucked in all regards in terms of player development. Nobody during those Knicks years got any better, **** we still never improve internally. Lee was the true outlier. He took it upon himself to improve. Improve as a shotoer, as an athlete, as a rebounder, as a ******* person.

David Lee is the consummate professional. Always has been. It would have been VERY easy for Lee to be out of the league in 3 years as an unknown draft pick on a ****** Knicks team. Lee took it upon himself to succeed as an NBA player. Dont take that away from him or assume that any player could do that as well as Lee did. Truly an incredible skill.

I mean just look at how Lee has handled his demotion on the Warriors this season. No complaints, no matter HOW hard the media pushes him (NY folks who have built a relationship with him and itch for any sort of story they could write about, especially). That is just not who Lee is. He knows how to be a professional and he knows as well as anybody that complaining publicly about his role on the team would hurt the end goal of a championship. So he sits and he *******  watches, waiting for his # to be called, no matter how badly he wants to get out there having starred on lousy Knicks and Warriors teams for the majority of his career. THAT is no accident. THAT is just David ******* Lee. The polar opposite of JR Smith.

That is why I ALWAYS will root for Lee to succeed and JR to fail. A lot more than their ******* "on-court ability."

Last edited:
In a draft loaded with franchise changing potential, I think we can do better.

The league has become a drive to the basket or launch from behind the line game.

Just look at the Finals, there is no feeding the ball to the post and waiting for a post player to burn 13 seconds off the clock establishing position and trying to out-footwork, athletic and super intelligent defenses.

LeBron is quick hitting a serviceable 7 footer for swoops to the basket or open jumpers...and that's that. Golden State has no significant post scoring to speak of, neither did the Heat.

Big men need to be able to quickly overpower defenders and turn back the army of lightning quick guards dominating the league right now a la DeAndre Jordan/Dwight Howard...Okafor does neither.

I'd rater an elite post defender with a weak offensive game than the other way around.

Monroe is a great post scorer, passer, average defender and below average athlete for his position....look how quickly super athletic, less skilled, better defending Drummond took his minutes.

Okafor would be a great pick if we already had an elite guard to break down defenses (a la MVP candidates Curry, Westbrook, Harden) and solid post defenders. He'd be the final cog in a championship team but we have none of that now and drafting him at this moment will ensure mediocrity for a long time to come imo....unless we hit a homerun in free agency.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom