2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I like Brandon Jennings, but I do not want to move down at all.

Stick with fourth pick. Calderon can be dealt without giving up our value piece.

I refuse to give what does George Karl want. I strongly dislike this guy.

the only trade id like is with denver. we get a good PG, get rid of caldo, draft WCS, sign monroe, and get a future pick.

just throwing it out there. but with the sac trade you get collision, plus we get rid of calderons contract plus we only move down 2 slots which will still give us the opportunity to get either winslow, stein or mudiay and also we still have the money to get greg monroe and a few other pieces also we have the trade exceptions still available.  

^ that trade scenario post :wow:

best move is the SAC trade in my opinion...

1) You get a solid PG in Collison
2) You theoretically can draft the same person you wanted at 4 with the 6 (if it's not Mudiay/Russell/Okafor)
3) You get rid of Caldo's $$$
4) Stauskas is a cherry on top and maybe gives THJR some confidence for this season

PG - Collison
SG - Belleneli/Gerald Green
SF - Melo
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
C - WCS

:nthat:

I dont know what yall are saying, but I read that article and would STRONGLY consider triggering on ANY one of these deals. Does not mean that I necessarily would want to DO any of those deals, because Id love to have someone like Mudiay on this team, but no way I would be UPSET if any of those 3 deals were made.

IMO the Knicks get the better end of any of those deals, strictly by evaluating it from a trade value stand point (which is an admittedly imperfect model). In each of those scenarios, we walk away with an upgrade at PG (albeit none of them are perfect, but they are all probably short term fixes as opposed to potentially Lawson), get rid of ******* Calderon and his contract, take back the majority of the young talent (COLLECT ASSETS), AND we still wind up with a ******* top 10 pick we could use to take a player that Phil really likes for his vision.

Im not saying that anyone needs to be 100% on/off board to any of those deals, I certainly am not either way myself, but I dont know how any of yall would be upset with Phil if he made one of those deals. Personally, I dont think any of the aforementioned teams in that article would even accept that deal from the Knicks. It is banking A LOT on Mudiay's potential. I LOVE Mudiay as much as the next dude, but if Phil isnt as "in love" with him as some of us are, I dont know how any of yall would get upset about any one of those deals...

If Okafor is the "top 4" prospect available... Pull the ******* trigger on any of those 
roll.gif

I mean, a future first round pick AND the #8 pick from Denver? **** I consider taking that deal even if it didnt swap Calderon for Lawson.

Still hoping Phil can turn that Denver deal into a three-teamer landing us DMC 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
^ that trade scenario post :wow:

best move is the SAC trade in my opinion...

1) You get a solid PG in Collison
2) You theoretically can draft the same person you wanted at 4 with the 6 (if it's not Mudiay/Russell/Okafor)
3) You get rid of Caldo's $$$
4) Stauskas is a cherry on top and maybe gives THJR some confidence for this season

PG - Collison
SG - Belleneli/Gerald Green
SF - Melo
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
C - WCS

:nthat:

reported.

i think the only way they actually make any of those trades is if we are left with okafor.

we lose cap space in each of these trades. about 400,000 with the kings, about 3 million with the nuggets and about a million with the pistons. and none of these players are enough of an upgrade to rationalize 1) losing the 4th pick, 2) losing any sort of cap space.

i see what youre saying, but the trade with denver basically is caldo for lawson and we still get the #7 pick. i dont like the sac trade bc collison just came off an injury.

i see what youre saying, but the trade with denver basically is caldo for lawson and we still get the #7 pick. i dont like the sac trade bc collison just came off an injury.
it's the worst of them all when you consider we're now paying a guy 3 million more for the same amount of years as calderon while trading down. so now we have 1 less asset to sign and are taking potentially a lower ceiling player. all to get a point guard who although i like doesn't make us a great team.

i dont get why anyone would want to add salary of any amount. we need to be dumping caldron's contract not taking back someone making more than him while losing the 4th pick.

do you need to be reported too?
Just FTR, I appreciate the joke of reporting people. It is actually really funny to me when you comment those. Good and simple way to get your point across.

But I also hope that you arent actually reporting people for expressing their opinions. Just wanted to make sure of that, because that would be ****** up as hell. This isnt Communist Russia we are dealing with.

But if it is a joke, then it is funny to me. Just making sure that is all that it is.
if Calderon wasn't always hurt and played consistent he would be a good fit
Not as a 34(?) year old in 2015 PG driven NBA he aint. Not a starter in any system. PG has become the most important position in the NBA. The QB of the modern NBA. Just look at ******* Melo's track record and look at the PGs he has played with. ESPECIALLY featuring a team with Melo as the star, you NEED better PG play than Caldo. You just do. Like we REALLY do. 

Knicks are at their worst when they ask Melo to facilitate and do too much. He is a gifted passer (underratedly) but that doesnt mean it is his game. Knicks are at their absolute best when utilizing Melo primarily as the all around scoring threat that he is. The ******* edge of the dagger. Because there isnt anyone in the league better at doing that than Melo.

Sure, one of Melo's strengths is being able to create scoring opportunities out of nothing when the offense breaks down. But that is the only time it should be used like that, when the offense breaks down and the shot clock is winding down. When we rely on Melo iso-ball, we ******* suck. Even though Melo might be the best iso-ball player in the game today, relying on ANY player to play 1 vs 5 just is not a sustainable offensive model. THAT is what happens when we dont have a cerebral ball dominating PG to run the offense. We turn to Melo and we over-utilize him. And we ******* suck.

Last edited:
its just that with the collison trade you get a younger more explosive steady point guard for roughly the same amount as Calderon plus if we are that confused on who to pick, moving down will help that decision be easier plus the lower draft pick is cheaper and you get Nick Statuskis or however you spell it. Not saying Im a big Fan of the trade, I'm just trying to justify why this is being floated around.  So essentialy we could be swapping Calderon for Collison and WCS or Winslow 

^I just do not understand how replacing Calderon for Ty Lawson, moving 4 3 spots back in the draft, and netting a future first round pick is NOT the best option of the bunch...

IMO if we move the pick given brought up scenarios:

1. DMC trade scenario (lol)

2. Denver trade scenario

3. SacTown trade scenario

4. Detroit trade scenario

However, I would not be unhappy with either of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom