2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

The ONLY way I will accept trading Bledsoe for our pick is IF we already drafted muddy AND Phoenix drafted lyles or whomever else may actually fit our needs (not a big fan of him, but I haven't been looking past the top 7 prospects). We can't just trade the pick blindly and hope for the best. ALSO, Phoenix would HAVE to take caldo. Basically, Phoenix has to already have picked before we make the trade. That way, if no one we want is available, we just keep muddy and the cap space and hopefully trade caldo for a 2nd rounder.
Agreed with this. I think the trade has to be made after the picks are made anyway. But I would only want to do this deal if the 4th pick is Mudiay and the 13th pick is Lyles. But if that is the way it goes than I DEFINITELY want to do this deal. Unloading Caldo would only make the trade more attractive. I dont think it would be too much to ask them, as they would be clearly rebuilding if they did this trade, which means they wont be looking towards free agency hard the next couple of seasons and Phoenix isnt a major free agent destination anyway. Caldo could be a good veteran presence for them.

And I brought up that Lee possibility to my boys a couple days back. I say sign me the **** up IF we dont use all our cap space this year, and as I have said I am very against spending for the sake of spending. Bringing Lee back home would be a nice alternative. He would fit very well in the triangle and give this team a nice veteran presence. He is also obviously beloved in NY. If we have unusued cap space I would see no point in not acquiring Lee if we have the chance to and can squeeze the Dubs out of a draft pick. Literally no negative in that scenario. But like I said before, Im also behind the idea of signing Nate to the minimum as a glorified towel waver/ unofficial MSG mascot so my POV might be skewed when it comes to Lee/Nate :lol:

But who knows? Maybe Lee fits in great and desides to stay in NY after his contract expires for a much lesser deal. Maybe he decides he wants to finish his career out here as a fan favorite championship experienced veteran to come off the bench who has a good skill set for the triangle. Cant go wrong with that. Im all for it as a potential last resort.

Oh and Knicks aint getting Jimmy Buckets. If yall wanna focus on one unrealistic RFA who we have next to no shot at it should be Draymond. Hes not coming either, I dont think, but you never know because the Dubs have many other good players they need to pay. I could somewhat see them potentially passing up paying Draymond a max contract if he gets it elsewhere, but they will still probably match anything. I also love Draymond's fit at the 3/4 alongside Melo and in the triangle, even if we had to overspend to get him, but thats not even the point.

Butlers isnt leaving Chicago as a RFA. Dude is like 23 years old and their potential franchise player with Rose's health up in the air all the time. 0 shot they lose him this summer for nothing. Yall gotta give up on that one.

Last edited:
Chicago is dumb I'd say it's a 60/40 chance they offer him a a contract below his value and have him walk to LA or NY for like 17 mill per. They probably think they can replace him with Snell :lol:

Last edited:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

everything you need to know about our financial situation is in that link
Didnt realize that next year was the swap picks with Denver year. Makes me feel just a LITTLE bit better about trading the pick away for Bargs 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

you dont want langston as a starter... hes a backup pg if anything and a decent one but thats about it... and this is exactly why we cant be garbage this year and have to get at least 40 wins to make the playoffs since our draft pick is pretty much gone :smh:

and i wouldnt mind lee but just take back jose... but at least lee just has 1 more year left

Last edited:
Denver is gonna be trash we might get a good pick while still being a good team. The draft and free agency means everything to us right now

you dont want langston as a starter... hes a backup pg if anything and a decent one but thats about it... and this is exactly why we cant be garbage this year and have to get at least 40 wins to make the playoffs since our draft pick is pretty much gone
mean.gif

and i wouldnt mind lee but just take back jose... but at least lee just has 1 more year left
laugh.gif

Trust me, I want Calderon the **** off of this team as much as anybody. But yall cant just throw his name into EVERY single trade scenario that comes up.

The only reason the Dubs would be doing this deal is to unload Lee's contract. There is 0 chance they would do that to take back Calderon's bum *** and his longer than Lee's contract.

The only reason we would be doing the trade is if we dont spend the money elsewhere. This way we could get ourselves a homegrown fan favorite and a nice veteran role player who would fit in the triangle for one season. IF we miss out on our top free agents and dont want to invest that money in long term deals for players who arent deserving of it (as we shouldnt). 

In this scenario, we would use our excess cap space to take on the final year of Lee's contract, and by doing the Dubs that favor they would likely include a future first rounder (maybe even for next season) as it is sure to be a late pick anyway and it is more important for them to unload Lee's contract, making it easier to pay Green this summer.

There is no ******* way they are taking back more bad contracts just to unload Lee's one year deal though. I want Caldo gone and I hope he is, but let's stay realistic. 

But I definitely agree with you about Langston. Solid back up PG. Good story. Can definitely become a Garden fan favorite off the bench. But nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Realistically, we gotta push Caldo on the Rockets. Just dump him there somehow. Even if it means a lottery protected 2025 first rounder, get him there.

Nick, latest episode of the podcast is up.

We'd just free up money to overpay another bum when nobody worth a damn wants to come here

Lakers requested a second Mudiay workout and rumor is still philly leaning toward prozingis. So potentially we could be looking at either Russell or okafor.

Zingster is gonna go top 3 so we'll have our choice of Mudiay, Russell, or Winslow

we're in a good spot

Doubtful that he goes top 3.

Wolves are taking Towns or Okafor.

Lakers were impressed by Porzingis, but already have dismissed the notion of taking him with Towns or Okafor on the board.

Sixers, may. But they seemed to have a love fest with Russell. If Russell is taken 1 or 2 then maybe.

Lakers requested a second workout with Okafor and Russell as well. So don't get too hyped about them inviting Mudiay for a second one.

Last edited:
what is the fascination with non defending PF's in here?  i mean i loved lee when he was here but c'mon these scenarios make no basketball sense whatsoever.  they have to play defense too ya know.  dudes are skeptical about bledsoe but wanna pair melo with monroe, lee, love 
laugh.gif

getting lee is just a play for a first rounder. regardless of the pick's location, if we're not using the cap space this year, we might as well parlay it into a draft pick.

Last edited:
They're probably better off waiting for Lee to get bought-out and buy a second rounder from the Sixers.

getting lee is just a play for a first rounder. regardless of the pick's location, if we're not using the cap space this year, we might as well parlay it into a draft pick.
Exactly. Stop always trying to put things into "basketball sense" and look at the big picture. nobody is saying we should make Lee our starting 4 for the future, but as a one year rental (if we dont use our cap space elsewhere) and getting a draft pick back, it makes all the sense of the world. The fact that Lee is a fan favorite in NY just adds sentimental value, but even without that it still makes complete sense for us.

Its like when people criticize Phil for the JR/Shump trade because it didnt make sense from a "basketball sense" and fail to realize that Shump was gone anyway and the trade was made to get cancer Smith and his contract off of our hands. Same principal exactly.

Last edited:

Exactly. Stop always trying to put things into "basketball sense" and look at the big picture. nobody is saying we should make Lee our starting 4 for the future, but as a one year rental (if we dont use our cap space elsewhere) and getting a draft pick back, it makes all the sense of the world. The fact that Lee is a fan favorite in NY just adds sentimental value, but even without that it still makes complete sense for us.

Its like when people criticize Phil for the JR/Shump trade because it didnt make sense from a "basketball sense" and fail to realize that Shump was gone anyway and the trade was made to get cancer Smith and his contract off of our hands. Same principal exactly.
but from golden state?  pick would be nice ofcourse but out of all teams we choose the one that just won the finals? thats like attempting to buy nosebleed seats before even checking the price for something lower

i liked lee too but come on

Last edited:

but from golden state?  pick would be nice ofcourse but out of all teams we choose the one that just won the finals? thats like attempting to buy nosebleed seats before even checking the price for something lower

i liked lee too but come on
ITS NOT ABOUT LEE

It is because Golden State needs to dump the last year of his contract on somebody to pay Draymond. It would be strictly a salary dump and the Dubs would likely throw in a draft pick for helping them out,

We have cap space. If our primary free agency targets choose to take their talents elsewhere (a very strong possibility), what would you rather do?

Use the cap space nowhere and go into the season with what we have? Spend the cap space to sign lower-tier free agents to long term deals that will hurt us in the long run? Or take back David Lee from Golden State (who can actually be a very valuable role player, but even that is irrelevant), keep him for one season, and gain a draft pick in the process (however late it might be)?

Chess, not checkers, my friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom