2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

For 2016 correct?
Hopefully. But again this is also pretty irrelevant. In the proposed scenario we would be taking on Lee's contract to fill cap space we dont use. We are basically doing nothing besides doing the Warriors a solid and taking on the final year of a fan favorite's contract. The draft pick is obviously what would makes it worthwhile for us, but I wouldnt get too caught up in the fine details.

It's also not a proposed rumor from any source. Just something that JRS threw out earlier that I was thinking about the other day myself. So there arent any specific details yet. For the trade to happen we would also have to miss out on our free agency targets, which we obviously cant know yet.

Last edited:
where else are we going to get a first rounder for holding a guy's salary for 1 year if we dont plan on using this cap space? a first rounder is a first rounder. i dont care where it is, it's better than having no draft pick next year.

ITS NOT ABOUT LEE

It is because Golden State needs to dump the last year of his contract on somebody to pay Draymond. It would be strictly a salary dump and the Dubs would likely throw in a draft pick for helping them out,

We have cap space. If our primary free agency targets choose to take their talents elsewhere (a very strong possibility), what would you rather do?

Use the cap space nowhere and go into the season with what we have? Spend the cap space to sign lower-tier free agents to long term deals that will hurt us in the long run? Or take back David Lee from Golden State (who can actually be a very valuable role player, but even that is irrelevant), keep him for one season, and gain a draft pick in the process (however late it might be)?

Chess, not checkers, my friend
maybe last resort but the draft hasn't even happened yet.  picks always help i guess but we should have our sights aimed a little higher than a late pick and bringing back lee for old times sake

i also have a hard time seeing phil wanna help gs after they stole kerr away from him

^ That is all what me and JRS ahve been saying all along. As a last resort. If we dont sign any of our free agency targets and have the excess cap space to do so. Nobody is saying we should make this trade tomorrow 
laugh.gif

Package Tim hardway jr, Calderon, for the cavs 1st round and Haywood non guaranteed contract
nerd.gif
I actually love where your head is at. But I feel like Cleveland is going to try and stay clear from us for awhile 
laugh.gif

Imagining the Cavs completing Knicks swingman trifecta. Bron might leave on the spot 
roll.gif

Hopefully. But again this is also pretty irrelevant. In the proposed scenario we would be taking on Lee's contract to fill cap space we dont use. We are basically doing nothing besides doing the Warriors a solid and taking on the final year of a fan favorite's contract. The draft pick is obviously what would makes it worthwhile for us, but I wouldnt get too caught up in the fine details.

It's also not a proposed rumor from any source. Just something that JRS threw out earlier that I was thinking about the other day myself. So there arent any specific details yet. For the trade to happen we would also have to miss out on our free agency targets, which we obviously cant know yet.

I'm wit it

IF we get lee and a 1st rounder without trading jose im all for it... but thats only if we strike out big in free agency this summer...lee has 1 more year left and we get a first round pick as an asset plus lee could be decent starting 4 for us and thats just being a rental... the rockets need a pg and we should at least try to trade jose there and get back nothing

Last edited:
Calderon to Houston would be a pretty good fit, but I don't see Houston helping out the Knicks. Daryle Morey (sp?) is a douche bag.

I'd be willing to dump Calderon to some scrub team for their 2nd round pick or something :lol:

Calderon to Houston would be a pretty good fit, but I don't see Houston helping out the Knicks. Daryle Morey (sp?) is a douche bag.

I'd be willing to dump Calderon to some scrub team for their 2nd round pick or something
laugh.gif
More like Daryl MORON... OHHHHH!!!!!!! Gottem!!

Its Friday... someone talk some **** 
laugh.gif

so whats the general consensus here on which pg to pick up? lets say philly gets the european and russell and mudiay is available who do we get?

Back
Top Bottom