2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Yall can hate all ******* night long. Phil just got us the highest upside CENTER (I will keep saying it) in the draft and a mother ******* triangle PG on a rookie contract, who has high upside and immediate starter potential (Much better shooter than Emmanuel also), so we dont need to go spend dough on bums like Rondo/Dragic.

Im on ******* board. We were gonna sign one of the 2 guards anyway. I liked Tim but 2 is much deeper in free agency this season than the 1. Go sign Danny Green now.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Jerian Grant for Timmy? School me boys
Good veteran leader. Tenacious on the court, can hit the open shot. Not much upside. He is who he is, a solid role player. Definitely like him on the team, should do well in the triangle, but he's nothing special. Low risk, low reward pick. Can step in and do well right away but he'll never wow you. Just a really solid player.

Waited way too long to trade him but I think he drafted him in the 20s two years ago so I'm not mad THJR was a disappointment. Can't play defense, stupid decisions, thinks he's the number one at time. Happy he's gone.

Last edited:
I just don't see this amazing Zinger appeal. Been watching videos since we drafted him. He's fluid sure, but he looks a step too slow and not explosive. Really curious and potentially worried how this translates in the NBA and once he adds weight.
This guy is 7'0 but......

209lbs what the F**** he is so skinny bro.... :smh:

Yall can hate all ******* night long. Phil just got us the highest upside CENTER (I will keep saying it) in the draft and a mother ******* triangle PG on a rookie contract, who has high upside and immediate starter potential, so we dont need to go spend dough on bums like Rondo/Dragic.

Im on ******* board. We were gonna sign one of the 2 guards anyway. I liked Tim but 2 is much deeper in free agency this season than the 1. Go sign Danny Green now.

I'm actually w/ you on all of this. That Jerian Grant move was smooth. Got an extra pick in the draft for a defensive liability.

Trading THJr really doesn't affect me at all. Think Grant will be straight and all. Drafting him would have had a much better affect if we would have drafted Winslow or WCS at 4 instead. then I'd be confident in our young core. But right now its still up in the air.

Tonight really took the wind out of my sails.

Was looking forward to Summer League and free agency.

All of that got dashed.

Peace to Timmy, you were always a defensive liability.

doesn't mean its wise to pay a 29 year old max money. teams do it sure. but it doesn't mean its wise.

we're paying melo max money at 31, last thing i want to do is add another 30 year old to that max money list. you can get away with 1 guy at max money at that age but 2 is playing with fire.

we had the chance to draft a young point guard with a bright future and a very good contract and we didn't and will have to address this hole elsewhere and it'll cost us more money. its just a bad job overall.
Again I have to ask, exactly at what age do the best players in the league get max money?

i'm shocked we got a top 20 pick for Tim

if he somehow gets rid of Calderon he'll be tha Gawd again 
laugh.gif

Trading THJr really doesn't affect me at all. Think Grant will be straight and all. Drafting him would have had a much better affect if we would have drafted Winslow or WCS at 4 instead. then I'd be confident in our young core. But right now its still up in the air.
I like the trade but like you said, would've liked it better with one of those prospects.

Yall can hate all ******* night long. Phil just got us the highest upside CENTER (I will keep saying it) in the draft and a mother ******* triangle PG on a rookie contract, who has high upside and immediate starter potential (Much better shooter than Emmanuel also), so we dont need to go spend dough on bums like Rondo/Dragic.

I wish I was anywhere near as optomistic a person as you and som eof the others :lol:

I bet that goes beyond basketball :lol:

Peace to Timmy, you were always a defensive liability.

doesn't mean its wise to pay a 29 year old max money. teams do it sure. but it doesn't mean its wise.

we're paying melo max money at 31, last thing i want to do is add another 30 year old to that max money list. you can get away with 1 guy at max money at that age but 2 is playing with fire.

we had the chance to draft a young point guard with a bright future and a very good contract and we didn't and will have to address this hole elsewhere and it'll cost us more money. its just a bad job overall.
Again I have to ask, exactly at what age do the best players in the league get max money?
just because they hit the free agent market around this age doesn't mean its wise to max them out. i rather max out jordan at 26 or monroe at 25. maxing someone out at 30 is something to be weary of.

prolly traded timmy for those games he won at the end. interesting trade for jerian grant. athletic penetrating pg thats almost 6 5. :smokin

I'm sold on Grant. I'm not 100% if Danny Green's coming.

Please bring David West back home Phil!!!

Back
Top Bottom