2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I like the trade but like you said, would've liked it better with one of those prospects.
Ya def think Phil fleeced tf out of the Hawks just now but its just hard to get all excited when our top 4 pick who was suppose to be an instant impact starter on top of future franchise center piece was spent on a guy that we can only hope reaches his potential. I just think we sold ourselves short. Their were people on the board who had that All Star potential but would also be worth a **** this season. We didn't have to choose either or

Zinger's either gonna be the best player in the draft or a complete bust, no inbetween

excited to see if he pans out 

I just don't see this amazing Zinger appeal. Been watching videos since we drafted him. He's fluid sure, but he looks a step too slow and not explosive. Really curious and potentially worried how this translates in the NBA and once he adds weight.
Assuming it all pans out, you can have a floor spacing, 3 point shooting 7 footer who can also block shots and be a rim protector. He's mobile enough to put the ball on the floor, be solid enough in pick and roll defense as well. He isn't going to bang down low, doesn't have a back to the basket game right now, and isn't the quickest reacting on the floor, but you can hope to improve some of those things.

He wants to be in the NBA, he has the physical tools, he has the shooting stroke, so there's that. Best case scenario, he can be your modern day rim protector as well as a floor spacing, 3 point shooting 7'1 mobile big man. A very valuable combination.

So we might make another move 
nerd.gif

Phil sounded nothing but confident.

And we making more moves.

Dudes are really talking like there's players in this draft that will immediately help the Knicks next season that were available. Like they're starters or something.

Dudes are really talking like there's players in this draft that will immediately help the Knicks next season that were available. Like they're starters or something.
I think any PG in this draft is better than Calderon

Phil said its gonna take a year at least and his defense is a major issue. Other people saying 2-3 years. This is our 4th overall pick. Should have traded this **** away. ******* distaster.

I just don't see this amazing Zinger appeal. Been watching videos since we drafted him. He's fluid sure, but he looks a step too slow and not explosive. Really curious and potentially worried how this translates in the NBA and once he adds weight.
Assuming it all pans out, you can have a floor spacing, 3 point shooting 7 footer who can also block shots and be a rim protector. He's mobile enough to put the ball on the floor, be solid enough in pick and roll defense as well. He isn't going to bang down low, doesn't have a back to the basket game right now, and isn't the quickest reacting on the floor, but you can hope to improve some of those things.

He wants to be in the NBA, he has the physical tools, he has the shooting stroke, so there's that. Best case scenario, he can be your modern day rim protector as well as a floor spacing, 3 point shooting 7'1 mobile big man. A very valuable combination.
I just don't see him being a rim protector. The offensive upside is there potentially. I just don't like this pick overall. We needed someone who can play from Day 1.

I think any PG in this draft is better than Calderon
He's still on this team?
YES
Buy him out, go 4 on 5 to start the season.

Real talk, I'd rather have Shved start.

Last edited:
where have you been? jose on this team for 2 more years... getting rid of him would make phil a GOD and give us the cap space we really need... but that is why everyone wanted mudiay because the pg on this team suck... gallo is good for a reserve role but thats about it

Back
Top Bottom