2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Who said Monroe was a scrub? If Phil signs him then cool. No one, at least I know didn't say he was a scrub, but you talking about dysfunctional franchises or head coaches, or whatever, like STAT wasn't ever any good. But you win. Again with the point guard argument, did you watch ball back then, STAT had past his prime Hardaway and Starbury. And then Nash came.

Last edited:
"Empty #s "in the form of 25 and 8 while transforming us from a bottom feeder into a playoff team in his first season?

Amare's 2nd year as a pro, as a ******* 20 year old kid, before Nash, he averaged 20.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.6 BPG, and 1.2 SPG. Then the next year He averaged 26 PPG on the best team in the NBA. He was consistently the 2nd best player and #1 scoring option for one of the best teams in the NBA during a 5 year span.

When has Monroe ever came even close to replicating that kind of success. Stop looking at everything so damn black and white. You are out of your mind if you dont think Nash benefited from playing with Amare as much as Amare benefited from playing with Nash.

You are trying extremely hard to take away from a player's success just to try and win an argument. I ******* hate when people do that.

Amare was a better player than Greg Monroe is. Its really simple as that. It is OK to acknowledge this while still believing the Knicks should sign Monroe. You could argue other things like that Monroe's post game makes him a better fit for this team than Amare would be, but dont try and speak out of your *** and say that Amare was some bum while Monroe is just a product of a bad organization and needs a change of scenery.

If Monroe IS just a product of a bad organization, it makes me want him even less... Aint no organization out there worse than the Knicks. We need guys who can win basketball games in spite of the organization :lol:

Last edited:
By a show of hands, who the hell in here thought that Amare would be the number 1 option once Melo got here? I know I didn't. As most people who have common sense and know basketball didn't think Amare was going to be the number 1 option. Also, empty stats huh, all of those full stats Monroe had contributed to what in any of the four years?

Regardless, I'd welcome either Monroe or West, because it would take pressure off of Melo. I'm starting to come around to the direction and I'm about it. I'm about winning as we all are, plus the league is better imo when the Lakers and Knicks are good.

amare was a product of the pick and roll with elite athleticism

greg monroe never played on a team as talented as amares EVER

No one is in here saying that Monroe is a bad player to have, you don't have to do this. Wait, product of the pick and roll, so everytime they ran PnR for him, he dunked right? You said it took six years to develop a jumper. Are we all watching the same basketball?

Last edited:
@daldridgetnt: An under the radar free agent will be Dallas' Al-Faroqu Aminu. Sked to visit NYK, BOS, POR, TOR & NOP, w/Mavs still in mix.

No, you would rather give that money to Monroe :lol:

Ive been the one saying we should fill the 4 gap with West and hit the 2 guard market hard.

Should we go that route, cool, I'm hesitant about Monta though. Whatever we do, we should give the scraps leftover to Amare to come off of the bench.:D. Serious tho.

Last edited:
we got 30M cap space?

15 to monroe
8-10 to monta or afflalo
or 3-5 to bring JR back

As in JR Smith. When you say things like that put a smiley face next to it so we all know you're joking. Or else no one in here will take you seriously, ever.

we got rid of JR for being a chucker what do you think Monta is? he's not as bad but still a chucker.

we need efficent, smart, two way players (Afflalo, Wes)

Wes Matthews and Danny Green are the 2 guys I got my eye on at the position. High character 2 way players who should fit the system and the team very well.

I know it would never happen, but if we brought back that cancer ******* mental ****** headcase piece of ****, WATCH how quickly I would drop this team. I dont care if we would have drafted D'Angelo Russell and Karl Towns.

Principles man. Thats what Im about. **** JR Smith.

Back
Top Bottom