2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Afflalo's $12M with the tv boost is likes $8M in previous yrs.
True but it's 4 mill less we could play with next year.

I just don't like dude enough to want him, especially at that price.

I sort of want Phil to try and moneyball next year. See if you can get Biyombo and a couple of other outcasts on the low.

If healthy and serious about basketball I wouldnt mind Andrew Bynum for the low but that probably wouldn't work unless Phil was coaching

Tbh though we don't need 5 superstars to succeed. Look at Atlanta. 2-3 above above average/all star caliber players and the rest are solid role players.

I'd rather pay a few guys 5 mil each and have them play productive minutes individually, than bank on afflalo or carroll to be our savior on the wing.

You really just need 1 superstar surrounded by a really well balanced team.

If the Hawks had someone who they could count on to close out a game they get past Cleveland.

Biyombo and Bynum mentioned in a two page span I'm going to need to take a break from this thread for a few minutes

Anthony Davis is soft if he accepts a five year deal. Sign a one year deal and then catch 200 mil on the market

Why the **** must the knicks insist on Monroe. I swear people start talking about certain players in here then all of the sudden it's an actual real life thing happening. Crazy

Bynum is a headcase and I'd want him nowhere near this team.

Biyombo is still very young, doesn't have any problems, and His TRB% would put him top 12, block % would put him top 3 from last season if he played in enough games. He's non-existent offensively but he did 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 19 minutes last season and has a league average PER. I'd have no problem giving him a reasonable offer. I'm still a believer.

Bynum doesn't want to play basketball. pass

i'm also on board with giving Biyombo a shot for the low

Just looking over monroe's numbers. They're good, relatively speaking compared to the knicks current options. But he's been a 15-10 guy for three years. His stats from the last two years, across the board, are nearly identical. It doesn't seem as if he is progressing as a player. 

Last edited:
No shade, he's still an elite rebounder an will find his points. Which i guess in an offense with melo isn't bad thing

Just looking over monroe's numbers. They're good, relatively speaking compared to the knicks current options. But he's been a 15-10 guy for three years. His stats from the last two years, across the board, are nearly identical. It doesn't seem as if he is progressing as a player. 
Since Detroit has been a terrible environment, I find it more helpful looking at his game logs post Josh Smith and pre Reggie Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom