2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

He slipped 5 spots out of the lottery 
laugh.gif

And I'm not saying he will be better than Mudiay but he IS the more NBA ready prospect, since that is the argument you all love to bring up about a dude yall dont even know.

Solid response 
pimp.gif

you don't know if he's more NBA ready tbh. Mudiay could go out and win ROY for all we know
Using that EXACT argument, Porzingis can go out and win ROY for all that YOU know 
laugh.gif

My point is that all these guys are ******* unknowns. Zinger isnt less NBA ready because he played in Europe as opposed to NCAA or China (if anything he is probably more ready having played against far superior competition) and on paper (and from what I have watched) Jerian Grant appears to be extremely NBA ready as far as draft prospects are concerned.

Ian Begley ‎@IanBegley
#Knicks have planned to meet with FA center Robin Lopez in Los Angeles while in town to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources say.

3:56 PM - 1 Jul 2015

Knicks need to get Melo to wave his NTC and blow it up. Get some picks, really clear cap space and start a 2-3 year rebuilding process.

IMO it didn't matter who we drafted. We've been trash for years and haven't been able to convince people to come here for years. This ain't new, we all had a slight inkling that this would happen.

I'm not w/ overpaying scrubs. I'm good.

& do y'all really think y'all could handle 2-3 more years of 17 wins if we "blow it up"?

Just saying....while we're over here hang wringing and being supposedly cryptic....teams are acquiring their target players. Hands being shaken, ink drying on paper.

Who are we playing mind games with? Ourselves? :lol:

This is what happens when a 17 win team gambles on a longshot project instead of going with an alluring "sure thing". Not whining, just stating facts.

We'll probably end up overpaying Monroe like we all predicted months ago.

But we really do have to look at the Amir Johnson's and Kendrick Perkins cause we have NO drawing power at this point.
Whoever ended up with Monroe would be overpaying. Just like the majority of players get overpaid, just like last FA and the one before and the one before.

Monroe was always the reasonable player we were aiming to get. You probably fooled yourself if you ever seriously considered Gasol, DJ, LMA at our current state. Those were long shot dreams. Gasol especially cuz we were hoping for him before our disastrous season. After that chances were virtually zero.

All this playing chess stuff is just jokes by the fans off of the image and reputation of Phil that's risen to hyperbole. They're jokes. Nobody actually knows what's going on with negotiations and exactly what the strategy by Phil is. Phil stated clearly what he wanted to do and his intentions. That isn't a guarantee though.

I don't know what more you want. Knicks fans joke to keep from crying. Would you prefer every post in here be some version of Couplet88? :lol: Of course we've lost our drawing power. We just had our worst season ever. So outside of serviceable to decent players that'll come here cuz of Melo and Phil any of the better more prominent players are going to need a real good reason to come play for the Knicks instead of any other team that had a better record or a team that will be in the playoffs. That comes down to us offering the most money we can if we want to.

It's as simple as that.

Bobby Marks is Former NBA Exec

Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 · 18m18 minutes ago
Knicks fans need to be patient. The market will settle. Just because you have $27m doesn't mean you need to spend it all at once.

Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 · 11m11 minutes ago
If I was NYK I would have been on the phone with Robin Lopez agent last night. Serviceable center which would allow you to add other pieces.

& do y'all really think y'all could handle 2-3 more years of 17 wins if we "blow it up"?
Dudes could barely hold on when Donnie Walsh had a "plan" and look how he botched that and fans reacted ever since.

Look at this past season, we end up sucking and you got poor Onewearz who watched all the games just to see Phil draft a player for the future over a ready now player that would've magically made the team better while the rest of alleged Knicks fan yelling they were jumping ship.

A lot of these dudes wouldn't be ready at all even if they said they could handle it. Would be better off just taking a break from the NBA altogether :lol:

Last edited:
"Knicks were set to offer DeMarre Carroll same deal as Toronto. 4 years, $60 mil. Carroll preferred Raptors going forward. (@JeffZillgitt)"

*Alonzo Mourning .gif*

Wow, dodged a serious bullet there. Can't believe anyone would offer him that deal.

Bobby Marks is Former NBA Exec

Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 · 18m18 minutes ago
Knicks fans need to be patient. The market will settle. Just because you have $27m doesn't mean you need to spend it all at once.

Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 · 11m11 minutes ago
If I was NYK I would have been on the phone with Robin Lopez agent last night. Serviceable center which would allow you to add other pieces.

We might as well. As far as bring patient I mean. :lol:

Them ticket prices gotta come down tho. $150 for nosebleeds to watch a 17 win team foh. :smh:

Last edited:
im EXTREMELY happy that carroll chose toronto over us. i like him, but not for THAT much. less than $10mil per would've been cool, but $15mil? last time i checked this guy only averaged 12pts, 5rebs, and hes already 28.

crazy hair lopez is actually #1 on my FA board. DJ technically holds that spot, but i feel like thats more unrealistic and i dont wanna give him $100mil.

@NYPost_Berman: #Knicks have reached out to their former SG Landry Fields. Interesting story for Landry as he's practicing shooting lefty this offseason.

:rofl: :stoneface: :rofl: :stoneface:

@NYPost_Berman: #Knicks have reached out to their former SG Landry Fields. Interesting story for Landry as he's practicing shooting lefty this offseason.

:rofl: :stoneface: :rofl: :stoneface:

Dawg no lie I startin to get tight these foolish names being brought up >:

Last edited:
With the way this market is going, even Calderon is going to look like a bargain by the end of the summer 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

@NYPost_Berman: LaMarcus should like Knicks spiel. Reportedly Aldridge thought Lakers presentation was too little about basketball. Phil promised it will be all ball

this is encouraging...do it Phil!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom