2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I actually like the move a lot. In this market 2/$16 for Afflalo is as close to "moneyball" as we are going to get.

Player option after year 1 also, which he might even use since next summer's market should be even more outrageous than this season's. And even if he does opt in, its never too difficult to deal an expiring contract if he doesnt pan out and we need to move him, which is catastrophizing since Afflalo might play great for us.

This is the kind of move we have been talking about here. The kind of move that I thought would be unrealistic given the current trend of contracts and the Afflalo $12 mil rumors. Low risk, high reward move. Good fit. Fills up the 2 guard need while saving us money this summer and in the long term.

Basically... Afflalo for 2/$16 while Shump just got 4/$40? I can **** with it.

Solid start, Phil. Lets build from here. :pimp:

Great move. Have to wonder if he went for the lower contract first because the bigger guys aren't biting (Monroe?

Great move. Have to wonder if he went for the lower contract first because the bigger guys aren't biting (Monroe?

Don't even think the Knicks are all in on Monroe because of the money he wants. I'm thinking our big board looks like

1. DJ - Max
2. LA - Max
3. Lopez - Asik deal (5 year 60 mill)

Solid vet in Afflalo :pimp: major upgrade over Jr & Timmy.
Once we get a big then we can start wondering what seed we'll be next season

Great ******* move by Phil. I am extremely pleased. We are literally the only team to not have grossly overpaid for someone this FA. Keep doing ya thing Phil!

This has got to improve our chances of getting Deandre imo. Melo, Affalo, high draft pick in Zinger, the triangle, Phil's 11 rings, the chance to be the #2 guy. It actually makes sense

Dudes were just ready to blow up the team yesterday. :lol:

However, good move by Pheel. He was patient & got Afflalo to sign for less than the 12mil/per he was asking for. Hopefully this is a trend.

we need to trade Calderon at all costs

I'd love to see a line up of
?
Alffalo
Melo
Lee
Lopez/Dj

If we go for Monroe
Then we have to sign David west at least for pf.
Lee and Monroe will be food defensively day in and day out . :lol:

Get afflalo in the meeting with aldridge, let him work

were they even great friends? I dont know but anything helps. if not throw that max at deandre :smokin

On another note. I hope someone signs Rondo, just not us.
laugh.gif
Nate deserves another shot too.
mean.gif
The movement... Bring the little leprechaun back home 
pimp.gif

Honestly though. With the way players are getting paid, would it really be so outrageous to sign a fan favorite who has shown he can ball better than 75% of these dudes to the vet's min?

Either he becomes the GOAT towel waver / unofficial team mascot or a spark plug off the bench. Or both. I consider that a win, win, win situation. 0 risk. 
laugh.gif

I feel like Afflalo is bizzaro world JR.

2-Guard who is boys with Melo from Denver, but could not be more opposite in terms of character / overall intelligence. Progress 
laugh.gif

Not bad at all. Hope he regains his footing. All I want are threes and some semblance of defense.

Go sign Monroe and Biyombo. Have to at this point. Then go comb over the foreign leagues. Might end up a 6-8 seed if it goes right.

Back
Top Bottom