2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Sources: Knicks have shifted focus to Robin Lopez, Patrick Beverley and Tobias Harris. Have also discussed a trade for David Lee w Warriors.
— Mike Ortiz Jr. (@xOrtiz4x) July 2, 2015

I like it :pimp:

But quick question, would we be able to sign to of the players on this list. I'm thinking Tobias and Lopez in particular.

PG: Grant/ Calderon
SG: Afflalo
SF: Melo
PF: Harris/ Kris
C: Lopez

Not too shabby. Can def snag a 5th or 6th seed I think

3 for 50? For a guy who fits the triangle like a glove? Being selective is great but at 3 years? Go get him.

I guess I don't get it. You have to spend eventually and I'd rather have Greg at that than Lopez at 10-12 a year.

3 for 50? For a guy who fits the triangle like a glove? Being selective is great but at 3 years? Go get him.

I guess I don't get it. You have to spend eventually and I'd rather have Greg at that than Lopez at 10-12 a year.

Like a glove tho?

I never thought monroe should get the max but after seeing everyone else get paid yesterday i thought it was expected to pay him that... it would have been a good move to get him but we can live... im fine with robin lopez being our defensive center and tobias would be great here but if we miss out im not even mad.... tobias would be either the 3 or 4 depending on where melo plays next year... i guess we still have a shot on lamarcus and deandre jordan :lol:

IMO RoLo fits this TEAM better than Monroe. Not just the triangle, but the traingle + our current roster. And I think that RoLo 3/$36 >> Monroe 3/$50

@Al3xis  is also a GTown dude so take it as you will 
roll.gif

F. DAVID. LEE.
THIS I will just never understand 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Howard Beck said that we did offer Monroe the Max.

Along with LA and Portland but Monroe went with the Bucks because they were "the most playoff ready".

relieved monroe wasnt offered the max. smart. just seems like one of those players who become a burden later on

would be glad to see robin lopez join the team, but i'm kinda doubtful it'll happen

We gotta pay someone eventually.

And we can say there's always next year but based on how this year is going....eh.

You have to get Lopez at that price first and now you're left in a market where other teams will value him too (Lakers)

On a 3 year deal I don't see money mattering that much, those contracts are flexible especially under a new cap. If there's a gap between the 2 (significant) then yeah I hear what you're all saying. If not? You'll be paying for a worse player.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 19m19 minutes ago
FWIW: #Knicks left a positive impression on Robin Lopez after their meeting last nite. "Interest is mutual, that's for sure," source says.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 8m8 minutes ago
FWIW, people around DeAndre Jordan said this morning that the #Knicks remained a long shot to land him. He's schedule to meet with NYK today

Lopez is not taking $12mil.. Maybe Phil pulls his magic man routine..

But based on the market? He's getting $15mil a year.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 2m2 minutes ago
Knicks have not contacted Enes Kanter today, though there was contact previously. NY more likely going after Robin Lopez.

1. Grant
2. Afflalo
3. Harris
4. Melo
5. Lopez

The sweet smell of mediocrity.

R.I.P. to Melo's joints cause he is gonna have to carry this team until he breaks down.

Back
Top Bottom