2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

If DJ & Aldridge sign elsewhere, would you guys absorb Hibbert and  Lee's contract ? If we can of course...

Players don't want to come play for us because they want to be in a winning situation. A decade ago it was advantageous to come play in a big market, but with the influence of social media and news being sent out faster than ever, it's not so bad to play for a small market while getting a big pay day. I also suspect some players don't want to play in the triangle either. It's too much to learn and a lot of guys won't get that many touchers or have the chance to shine.

Players want to be able to move freely and use their athletic abilities to get up as many shots as they can. League is moving in a different direction and here we are stuck on something that's been left behind years ago. It's really a function of poor management and people resisting change.

I want to say I feel bad for Melo, but he knew all of this going in. I guess we'll end up trading him and Phil will get exactly what he wanted--To start from scratch without Melo and build a winning team. The issue is that he's stubborn as Hell and I'm not so confident his brand of basketball is what will put us in the best possible chance to win a title anytime soon. Not unless we draft some superstar in 2017 :lol:
This is a bit crazy. The triangle won another championship not that long ago.

The league has always been moving in a different direction of a more uptempo style. That don't matter.

The triangle got 11 rings to it's rep.

Al Harrington byke
smokin.gif

@cheddahcheese7: Phil Jackson give me a call. I'll play for the @nyknicks... Don't understand how dudes don't wanna play in the MECCA! #confused #thegarden
Would. 
laugh.gif

Buckets 4 Life 
pimp.gif

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 2m2 minutes ago
As @HowardBeck notes, getting a guy like David Lee, at this point, would make sense for the Knicks. Still a very good offensive player.

Last edited:
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA · 9m9 minutes ago  Florida, USA
The New York Knicks are ramping up their pursuit of restricted free agent Patrick Beverley, per sources. The two sides are talking a lot.

Calderon has to go if we get Beverley.

Players don't want to come play for us because they want to be in a winning situation. A decade ago it was advantageous to come play in a big market, but with the influence of social media and news being sent out faster than ever, it's not so bad to play for a small market while getting a big pay day. I also suspect some players don't want to play in the triangle either. It's too much to learn and a lot of guys won't get that many touchers or have the chance to shine.

Players want to be able to move freely and use their athletic abilities to get up as many shots as they can. League is moving in a different direction and here we are stuck on something that's been left behind years ago. It's really a function of poor management and people resisting change.

I want to say I feel bad for Melo, but he knew all of this going in. I guess we'll end up trading him and Phil will get exactly what he wanted--To start from scratch without Melo and build a winning team. The issue is that he's stubborn as Hell and I'm not so confident his brand of basketball is what will put us in the best possible chance to win a title anytime soon. Not unless we draft some superstar in 2017 :lol:
This is a bit crazy. The triangle won another championship not that long ago.

The league has always been moving in a different direction of a more uptempo style. That don't matter.

The triangle got 11 rings to it's rep.

The Triangle had players like MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Shaq and Kobe.

Don't give me that BS man. Winning brand of basketball is what the Spurs, Warriors and Hawks do--Motion offensive with lots of space on the floor and ball movement.

I would take Beverly in NY, hes the type of player you hate to play against but love to have on your team

@WojYahooNBA: Suns need to get off Markieff Morris/PJ Tucker in sign-and-trades or dumps to get closer to space needed for Chandler and Aldridge.

Phil's gotta get on the phone as soon as he's done meeting with DeAndre

Beverley's a restricted free agent. It won't be easy.

I like Markieff but not PJ Tucker.

these opportunites come up when you don't give Demarre Carroll $60M

i'd gladly take Kieff & Tucker

Back
Top Bottom