2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

At this point I'd gladly take anyone willing to come play for the cheap as long as they shut their mouth and know what their role is.

Do we have any chance at all for LMA or DJ?

if we couldnt get monroe, we're not getting either of them. of course i would like that, but its HIGHLY unlikely. out of the 2, i feel like DJ is more likely to sign. i think LA cares more about winning and will come to an eastern conference team though, if he doesnt go to the spurs.

Our best bet at the moment is getting some dudes for cheap that teams are trying to salary dump

Players don't want to come play for us because they want to be in a winning situation. A decade ago it was advantageous to come play in a big market, but with the influence of social media and news being sent out faster than ever, it's not so bad to play for a small market while getting a big pay day. I also suspect some players don't want to play in the triangle either. It's too much to learn and a lot of guys won't get that many touchers or have the chance to shine.

Players want to be able to move freely and use their athletic abilities to get up as many shots as they can. League is moving in a different direction and here we are stuck on something that's been left behind years ago. It's really a function of poor management and people resisting change.

I want to say I feel bad for Melo, but he knew all of this going in. I guess we'll end up trading him and Phil will get exactly what he wanted--To start from scratch without Melo and build a winning team. The issue is that he's stubborn as Hell and I'm not so confident his brand of basketball is what will put us in the best possible chance to win a title anytime soon. Not unless we draft some superstar in 2017 :lol:
This is a bit crazy. The triangle won another championship not that long ago.

The league has always been moving in a different direction of a more uptempo style. That don't matter.

The triangle got 11 rings to it's rep.

The Triangle had players like MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Shaq and Kobe.

Don't give me that BS man. Winning brand of basketball is what the Spurs, Warriors and Hawks do--Motion offensive with lots of space on the floor and ball movement.
Nah b, Winning brand of basketball is Phil's triangle.

Pop has/had TP, Timmy, Ginobli, Robinson, Horry, Kerr, Ellie, etc. We can play that game if you wanna be bias. Same goes for already propping up the Warriors since they got Curry going wild with Klay. As if they haven't went through a few different coaches and playing styles while remaining uptempo :smh: :rolleyes

:rofl: @ already trying to put the Hawks in that position. 1 good season and we acting like the Hawks have had a winning brand of basketball? Stop lying to yourself b. Ridiculous that you mention them in the same sentence with the Spurs, do the Hawks have over a decade of winning ball I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
Wait time out we don't have a 1st round pick next year?
indifferent.gif
NAW

Don't really want Keif. 

For one he lost me too much money is DFS last year, and he has soooo many off games, but they're like2/21 off games. I can't live with that

Phil actually deserves a **** ton of credit for obtaining draft picks in drafts where we didn't have any. He's making the most out of what he didn't have

Don't really want Keif. 

For one he lost me too much money is DFS last year, and he has soooo many off games, but they're like2/21 off games. I can't live with that
he only makes 2 million next year. Low risk, high reward is what I'm thinking.

@daldridgetnt: Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings: LaMarcus Aldridge has cancelled his meeting with the Knicks today, per source.

:rofl:

@daldridgetnt: Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings: LaMarcus Aldridge has cancelled his meeting with the Knicks today, per source.

:rofl:
Damn, did he have to spit in our faces and just fat out cancel the meeting?:lol:

Being a Knick fan is tough.:frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom