2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont get how dbags become instant favorites with grienke + shelby

name me someone other than goldy on their roster
i can name AJ Pollack. Come at me BRAH. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I can't believe they traded Swanson for Miller.

Even though a I really like Miller, that's a pretty ballsy move.

I hate what the d'backs just did. Loved the Zach deal, but this feels like they were fleeced

Idk if it was posted but Padres adding a huge bar area where the Sandbox is currently at :lol:

Last edited:
Zobrist to the Cubs just a little bit after Lackey.

Cubbies trying to get that championship experience. :nerd:

Quick thoughts:
Theo gave away Starlin too cheaply even if J-Hey Kid is in the master plan. Even if Bosio can force Warren to turn the corner. Not enough return. Although I do understand Castro became surplus with the Zobrist signing and Theo was forced to unblock his infield. I agree with P proshares in the sense Zobrist will retain the value of his contract by virtue of the first two and a half years of his new contract. 4/$56M is cheap to me. In relation to the Mets, he's a significant defensive upgrade over Murph and Zobrist is still one of the top hitters at his position. I expected 4/$60-$64M even. That 4/$80M number was crazy, whoever reported that nonsense.

Preller's making up for last offseason, because the fleeced the Sox for Kimbrel. Margot and Guerra are a steep, steep price. Both instantly become two of the five better SD prospects, IMO. Asuaje gives you 2B/3B versatility. I like the Carson Smith trade so much better. Underrated move by Dombrowski. SD fleeces him, he fleeces Seattle.

Some club is going to badly overpay J-Hey Kid in the $200M range. Amazing defensive in the outfield, but he hasn't fulfilled his hitting potential or expectations. I get advanced stats guys love him, but nowhere do I see a player worth well over $20M-per in the next 5 years.

As for my Tribe, I'm happy/glad if it's true SF turned down Carrasco for Panik/Belt. I love, love, love the quartet of Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Salazar. Please just get me Ozuna from Miami and maybe Crush Davis if he doesn't become priced out. Davis is a bit of a FA anomaly because his worth and value are so wide-ranging. Every club rates him drastically differently.

Byung-Ho Park is a steal for the Twins. Only $12M? He's going to far outplay his 4-year contract. Guarantee it.

name me someone other than goldy on their roster
Um, A.J. Pollock? Had a monster year, dude.

After that, Tomas, who I think will hit 20+ homers next year.

Jansen is definitely in the conversation for Top 5.
He's in the mix with Chapman, Kimbrel, Wade Davis, Betances, Melancon, Rosenthal.

Last edited:
champcruthik champcruthik thoughts on Swanson, Inciarte, & Blair for Shelby Miller?
Hate it for D-Backs, love it for ATL. 5 years of team control on Inciarte. Prototypical leadoff hitter, excellent corner outfield defense. Swanson is the worst part of the short-sighted move for Shelby. I get you need more starting pitching and want to follow up Greinke with another splash, but just no. Dans played 2B at Vandy but switched to SS later on. Did absolute work in the '14 CWS. He might be the best SS in baseball by 2020, no lie. Blair profiles as a #4 starter, maybe #3 at best. Low-90s FB, curve, changeup. Doesn't make many mistakes with his pitches.

Champ, Starlin had zero value a couple months ago, now they add Zobrist, bring in a versatile 28 year old arm and may land Heyward, after signing Lackey, and saving Baez/Soler and still preserving a top shelf farm system?

I'd say their return for Castro was pretty decent. Hurts like hell to say goodbye to him, but he has served his purpose for us. I wish him well in NY. Alex should give him #13. :lol:

Champ, Starlin had zero value a couple months ago, now they add Zobrist, bring in a versatile 28 year old arm and may land Heyward, after signing Lackey, and saving Baez/Soler and still preserving a top shelf farm system?
Starlin's only 25 though. I don't think Warren was enough, lowered value for Castro or not. Infield surplus or not. I know/understand Theo did it for the numbers, Castro has what, $37-38M guaranteed left on his deal?

I'd also be cautious about giving J-Hey Kid anywhere near $200M. He's amazing on defense but the bat hasn't progressed as quickly as expected for a 26-year-old with six years experience. I do love that Theo didn't give up Baez for Shelby. Don't think either Dans or Baez are worth Miller. To Arizona's benefit, Shelby's under team control for at least the next 3 years.

Even though Gordo's five years older, I don't think Heyward's worth double him money wise.

I hope those suckers enjoy the carousel of Kendrick, Murphy and Neil Walker :lol:

I'll check out the other posts later but I am disappoint that champcruthik champcruthik left out Andrew Miller for Melacon and Rosenthal :smh:

I saw the Castro deal.

The Cubs wanted Matz or Thor. And yet they traded Castro for meh players. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom