2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

After striking out 14 two weeks ago at Dodger stadium. Baseball lost a good one.

RIP

Hours later and this still ******* hurts to realize it's true :smh:

This tweet got me :frown:

Seeing him react like that was so refreshing. Everyone's so concerned with winning they forget to have fun.

We not only lost a superstar player, but a better young man.

Hours later and this still ******* hurts to realize it's true
mean.gif
I hear u man. Its affecting me the same way Sean Taylor's death affected me. I didnt wanna believe it. I came to realize it like weeks later. Legit my fav player in college and in the league.

**** sucks man...he died from an accident that could happen to any of us that like to fish.

He left us fans forever wondering what could have been..

But what we all could relate to, he leaves a mother and grandmother that all have the same emotions as them, the best thing on this earth

Man, just stopping in here for the first time today. When I seen the tweets going off early in the morning saying "R.I.P Jose Fernandez" I didn't think it was him. I'm saddened by this tragedy, I really liked him, and he had such a bright future ahead of him.

This hits me cause he was only 2 years older than me, and just looking back on how happy he was all the time, just really gets to me.

Last edited:
Something for MLB to consider: A Jose Fernandez spirit award, presented to the player who best exemplifies love and passion for the game.

Love this idea from Ken Rosenthal

‏@timbhealey: Word from Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria about Jose Fernandez's No. 16: No Marlin will ever wear it again.

Classy move,it's a fitting honor

Last edited:
Marlins are considering retiring #16 :frown: no doubt it's gotta be really tough for Miami to finish out this season.

Last edited:
Marlins are considering retiring #16
frown.gif
no doubt it's gotta be really tough for Miami to finish out this season.
I caught pieces of lebatard's show this morning.. man.. I don't really care or watch baseball unless the red sox are in the world series

but man.. changed it just because I had other shhh to do and didn't want to focus so much on stuff I usually just have as white noise during work.. so sad man

Man, im watching the Marlins pregame this is pretty tough.. I never met the guy, but after watching him play  it feels like i know the guy... Even the guys doing the game cant keep it together...

Listening to the audio from Mike hill at the presser, man..

Last edited:
Pre-game was tough to watch. Almost every Marlin was crying on the field. Then they did that slow rendition of Take Me out to the Ballgame and I lost it. Then the Jose chant after the moment of silence :frown: :frown: :frown:

Dee Gordon :wow:

First pitch, he was batting right and wearing Jose's helmet

Then switched back to left and hit a leadoff homer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom