2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson Ramos probably just tore his ACL. So Ramos, Harper, Murphy, and Strasburg all got hurt in September. Literally no chance to win a game in October now. ******* great.

Between that trumpet rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame and of course Gordon's HR, I cried.

Saw the end of the game on SNY, Mets announcers were choked up, Nelson Figuero was in tears.

CtVJOQ3UIAEZiDv.jpg:large

Wilson Ramos probably just tore his ACL. So Ramos, Harper, Murphy, and Strasburg all got hurt in September. Literally no chance to win a game in October now. ******* great.

Man I'm sorry bruh.
You Nats fans (this thread) are cool in my book.
I hate to see it go down like this man.

If you didn't get teared up watching Flash Jr. hit that homerun you need to check your pulse

Easily one of the most poignant moments in baseball in the past 15 years

Shed a few tears when I first read the news yesterday morning.

Shed more when I saw Dee Gordon on the mound yesterday.

Shed some more when I saw Dee hit a HR.

Just shed a few more seeing a video of the pregame tribute/Mets commentators a few minutes ago. And i've never cried for any other athlete/celeb before in my life. I think most of us really felt like he was just one of the homies. 24 years old. Stud. Daughter on the way. Literally looked like a kid playing out there.

I'd usually be excited for October, and i kinda am, but this just makes it feel so unimportant.

For what it's worth, I have Indians/Dodgers. Kinda rooting for the cubs though.

Some great Baseball on today.

MAN! You should never throw Crisp a FB, and I understand that's a stupid thing to say as you have to use your pitches but...if you must throw him a FB, please throw it outside if you are a RHP. LHP, throw him anything. RHP, you better not throw him an inside OR middle FB

Word. That's the type of injury you don't need to wait for the results. It's a wrap. Sad considering Ramos had a career year and was in line to get paid. There's such a dropoff between him and Lobaton.

I can't go into October already defeated, so i'll subscribe to the belief that playoff baseball is a crapshoot and anything can happen.

P.S. How the heck did the 2014 Nats get shutout for 6 innings by Yusmeiro Petit? Everytime he pitches it baffles me. So hittable.

Last edited:
Don't come here often, but I had to, having been raised by my grandmother till the age of 11 while my mother came here to chase the American Dream, I have a very similar relationship with my Gmoms, she's literally my first love, possibly before my mother and as in typing this, I'm breaking...this joint hits me right in the feels....is unexplainable....I just can't imagine what that poor woman must be going through and it breaks my heart, I don't think the death of a person I never knew has hit me this deep ever.....Rest In Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom