2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

the way the lakers are constructed right now id rather have mozgov than al jefferson

we dont need a guy taking away shots from the young guys. we are freed of kobe man. dont need more old dudes taking away shots

we need player development.

I dont get why u guys are all still talking about the contract money...

Nba gets more money> owners get more money> players get more money

Teams are obligated to spend a certain amount on their rosters...the cap goes up...now they have to spend more...

All thats changed is the ratio...the figures mean nothing...

Owners are not allowed to hoard the money and hire cheapsr players...they gotta spend or get penalized...

Plus only new free agents can enjoy the new tv money...

Anyone still under contract is making old tv money...

As we go further these are going to be the norm figures...

It will balance out and we will know the ceiling and bottom of what nba contracts gunna be

No need to explain it.
It's madness round' here.

9 out of 10 people need to put their shirts back on.
Just the way it is.

It's gonna suck when ads are all over the jerseys but the NBA has gotta do what they gotta do.

Love the that these Internet gm's assume "these simpleton's can't wrap their tiny brains around the cap going up" as if you needed to be tesla to understand teams can spend more and salaries areally going to increase. I think everyone fully understands it . It's still insane to think Mike Conley will be making twice as much as LeBron 2 years ago , regardless of the circumstances around it .

Last edited:
Clippers meeting with Durant was “intense” and “at one point Steve Ballmer was crying” but everyone grew closer and a big lesson was learned

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

:rofl:

Wait Steve Ballmer really cried during a meeting? The hell. I'm all for being emotional, but good lord, it's just KD

Love the notion that these Internet gm's think "these simpleton's can't wrap their tiny brains around the cap going up" as if you needed to be tesla to understand teams can spend more and salaries areally going to increase. I think everyone fully understands it . It's still insane to think Mike Conley will be making twice as much as LeBron 2 years ago , regardless of the circumstances around it .

Exactly.

I was one of the main ones discussing how the cap changes would affect things, still doesn't mean the majority of these deals are not garbage with or without the jump.

Giving Conley, an undersized PG who's win share per 48 and TS% hasn't improved in 4 years, a full max doesn't make sense under any cap.

You know who Conley compares most to in terms of win share and all other stats at this point in their respective careers?

George Hill
Jose Calderon
Mike Bibby

I like Conley as a player but if I was Memphis I would have let him walk and started over rather than give him this deal.

He's just not a max player under any circumstance.

That Memphis team will lose in the 1st round next year. They just gave a combined 250 million dollars to a wing coming off microfracture surgery who hasn't improved in years and a PG who's undersized and hasn't improved since he turned 25 either.

One thing I will say is that Conley for sure makes Grizz better, they were +7.1 with him on the floor which is pretty elite. Then you look at the #'s and just realize that the team besides him and Marc is just not very good and that he basically always plays with Marc so that number is fools gold.

Parsons made Dallas literally 1 point better on offense and a bit worse on defense and they gave him 95 million, these are handicapping moves even under the new cap.

Last edited:
Love the notion that these Internet gm's think "these simpleton's can't wrap their tiny brains around the cap going up"

It's still insane to think Mike Conley will be making twice as much as LeBron 2 years ago .

How ironic

Last edited:
How ironic
that is to say , it's insane to think the best selling rappers in 2016 are selling less records than chingy in 2003 . We can all grasp the idea of people getting albums for free online resulting in plummeting cd sales .

The numbers of some of these contracts and the names attached to them can still be shocking to read .

Last edited:
has there always been a cap floor or is that something new this year? Good god at some of these scrubs getting 10-20 mil a year 0]

Portland should be ashamed of themselves signing Turner over Crabbe.

That contract is horrible % wise considering the make up of that roster and his projection for the rest of his career.

Why the **** would you pay that much for a guy who can't shoot, can barely defend and needs the ball in his hands on offense to make a semblance of positive impact?

They already have two guys who should be handling the ball at all times.

Turner also should send Brad Stevens 5 million in cash unmarked.

Last edited:
What's the most that another team could have offered Conley? It's insane money for him, but if they didn't sign him back then that team goes from a legitimate Western Conference contender just like they have been for the past 5 years straight to rebuilding. No team ever wants to see that Grizz team at full strength in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom