2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Celtics finished tied for 3rd in the East last year with a bunch of castoffs and underachievers.

No reason they cant advance to the Eastern Conference Semis or Finals next year with Horford on deck

+ a probable top 3 pick in the next two drafts with Brooklyn being awful

I'd say they're in pretty good shape . Just keep building .

Wouldn't exactly say they were underachievers, they were actually overachievers :lol But they're in a great position. You're pretty much bringing back the same that showed out last year, and adding a very good piece to it, and potentially adding a fantastic piece in KD if that who he chooses.

Serious question, because I saw this a lot during the period when the Wizards and Celtics were the front runners:

Is the Boston Celtics' situation really that much better than Washington Wizards?

The way people were talking, you would've thought Boston already had Durant and the Wizards were a crap team.

The Wizards have 3 of the best 5 players of the two teams.

I just fail to see how people were making Boston a more desirable destination.

The Wizards missed the playoffs with those 3 of 5 best players. It's pretty clear why an FA would choose Boston in the position they're in versus where DC is.

Last edited:
Serious question, because I saw this a lot during the period when the Wizards and Celtics were the front runners:

Is the Boston Celtics' situation really that much better than Washington Wizards?

The way people were talking, you would've thought Boston already had Durant and the Wizards were a crap team.

Boston's management and coaching > Washington's

I love the chaos!!
At least Bron won't have a cake walk to the finals again. Then we get to hear how he needs help :lol

It was about athletes blowing millions of dollars in family and friends and stupid ish.
Yup. It's terrible to be home if you're rich. Too many people want a piece of what you got.

I feel people would hate me if I was rich. I have no problem saying no except to very immediate family and emergencies.
When it comes to friends and fam I'm soft. If I'm eating everybody eating.

I'm not just handing out a million to anyone but if you need a little help then I'm helping up until a certain point.

Setting a little something up for all the kids in the fam too. A trust fund to help with college.

There are no results with the Wizards. They're going no where. Look good on paper though.

On the other hand, Brad Stevens got those boys playing.

Last edited:

A million times better coach for one

Other than that sure on paper Washington is comparable. I'll give you that

Maybe horford didn't want to play next to gortat?

Wasn't even that bad of a goof on woj since he hit us with the breaking news a few min later lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't exactly say they were underachievers, they were actually overachievers :lol But they're in a great position. You're pretty much bringing back the same that showed out last year, and adding a very good piece to it, and potentially adding a fantastic piece in KD if that who he chooses.

I meant underachievers before they came to Boston

Turner was seen as a bust, Crowder was a second round pick who was a throw in in the Rondo trade, and we all know how Zeke has performed since coming here . . . Outside of Bradley, those guys were our best players . Zero star power on that roster yet they almost cracked 50 wins.

KD aint coming here. Good to see the Celtics actually in on top free agents though. Haven't seen that in my lifetime

man kd aint going to know damn celtics man

quit trolling

congrats to the celtics whoo hoo finally a big time free agent signing since a washed dominque wilkins signed in 1991

al horford

Let's be real about this whole "Boston made the playoffs and Washington didn't" thing:

Washington had a ton of player minutes lost due to injury.  And they still almost made the playoffs.  There wasn't much separating 3 through 10 in the Eastern Conference.

If you want to say better coaching (wizards have a new coach) and management (I'll give you that one) then I can accept that.

But nothing about Boston as a team is head and shoulders above Washington, which is what a ton of people made it seem like.

Last edited:
man kd aint going to know damn celtics man

quit trolling

congrats to the celtics whoo hoo finally a big time free agent signing since a washed dominque wilkins signed in 1991

al horford

Exactly :lol

Even with Horford, the Celtics are still a first round exit team. Maybe 2nd round now.

They've won 2 playoff games the past 2 years. Good young coach, with solid pieces...but they aren't a real threat.

Y'all kill Atlanta, but love Boston :lol

Reactions: OTG

I meant underachievers before they came to Boston

Turner was seen as a bust, Crowder was a second round pick who was a throw in in the Rondo trade, and we all know how Zeke has performed since coming here . . . Outside of Bradley, those guys were our best players . Zero star power on that roster yet they almost cracked 50 wins.

KD aint coming here. Good to see the Celtics actually in on top free agents though. Haven't seen that in my lifetime

Ahhhhh, gotcha.

Who knows though...maybe KD will sign 8o perfect set up 8o

iXBVet4zQfqSV_medium.gif

Live look in at Horford down the road from this Durant-Celtics meeting.

This :rollin

Last edited:
Inb4 "Knicks are back"

That's gonna be a fun/interesting squad on the low :lol 8o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom