2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

@JoshuaBRobbins The Magic are finalizing a trade to send Devyn Marble and a 2020 2nd-round pick to the Clippers for C.J. Wilcox and cash, per source.
Amazing how bad the Clippers are at the draft.

Awful. Its like you can't even be that bad if you tried real hard. Big detriment to that team. You gotta hit on some good role players in that 20-28 area.

Hoping Brice breaks that awful streak

Awful. Its like you can't even be that bad if you tried real hard. Big detriment to that team. You gotta hit on some good role players in that 20-28 area.

Hoping Brice breaks that awful streak

Doc don't eem give them a chance though. Austin is the only young player he trusts.

Go figure

Doc don't eem give them a chance though. Austin is the only young player he trusts.

Go figure
I used to Kill Doc for not giving guys like CJ a chance but in all honesty, where is his time going to come? Between CP, JJ, Jamal, and Austin there's not much room for a 5th guard to make an impact. Not to mention The players drafted after CJ Wilcox were John Huestis, Kyle Anderson, Damien Inglis, KJ McDanies, Joe Harris, Cleanthony Early, Jarnell Stokes, Johnny O'Bryant, DeanDre Daniels I mean....

Outside of Clarkson there may not be a single guard or wing for that matter who could have helped the Clippers today in that draft that was drafted after CJ Wilcox. The Reggie Bullock pick was bad from jump but that ultimately netted Austin Rivers which is fine.

The Draft is hard man, and finding impact players in the latter portions of the first and the 2nd round isn't easy. I don't know what LAC will do with Dawson though but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him either.

Last edited:
I used to Kill Doc for not giving guys like CJ a chance but in all honesty, where is his time going to come? Between CP, JJ, Jamal, and Austin there's not much room for a 5th guard to make an impact. Not to mention The players drafted after CJ Wilcox were John Huestis, Kyle Anderson, Damien Inglis, KJ McDanies, Joe Harris, Cleanthony Early, Jarnell Stokes, Johnny O'Bryant, DeanDre Daniels I mean....

Outside of Clarkson there may not be a single guard or wing for that matter who could have helped the Clippers today in that draft that was drafted after CJ Wilcox. The Reggie Bullock pick was bad from jump but that ultimately netted Austin Rivers which is fine.

The Draft is hard man, and finding impact players in the latter portions of the first and the 2nd round isn't easy. I don't know what LAC will do with Dawson though but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him either.

Good point.

I used to feel that the Clips didn't need to play some of the rooks...b/c they had an established team that was REALLY close. But sometimes....you either luck into these draft picks being good by being forced to play the due to injury....or you just give them a chance.

Clips need some youth and a bright spot to emerge.

Good point.

I used to feel that the Clips didn't need to play some of the rooks...b/c they had an established team that was REALLY close. But sometimes....you either luck into these draft picks being good by being forced to play the due to injury....or you just give them a chance.

Clips need some youth and a bright spot to emerge.
Finding youth that late is hard man. Like over half of the picks in the draft from #20 on aren't even in the league in 3 to 5 years. Then to expect the player you draft that late to be able to contribute to a championship team immediately? Does that really seem feasible? It makes sense that Austin is the only young guy he really plays, he's the best one we have and was a lotto pick. There's talent there and he fills a need.

I feel like the way we (not you in particular) doctor the draft, and when we see guys like Draymond Green pop up, we expect that to be the standard when in actuality it's a rarity.

By my count, there's three players right now that were drafted after Reggie Bullock that are making an impact in the league right now. 3 man. 

Doc hasn't done  a great job with trading picks away, but I can't kill him for his picks in the late 20's. Expecting homeruns that late in the draft is a tad bit unrealistic. 

Looking at it now and Guys like Ian Clark, Robert Covington, Seth Curry, and Mathew Dellevadova (The latter of which just signed a 38M deal) weren't even drafted man.

That should tell you how hard it is to get a steal in the draft if you aren't in the lottery or the teens even. Doc isn't perfect and I for sure believe that a Coach shouldn't be the GM as well in most cases, but I can't criticize him for not finding worthy value that can contribute to a championship core that late in the draft.

One of yall Warriors fans want these KDs? They were taken from his restaurant, sz 18s, P.Es but dont appear he wore them
What you just jacked them
laugh.gif
roll.gif
idk why but this response is hilarious lol

No The waitress did. My neice's boyfriend gave her 2 bills and she let him keep them. They normally have tons of them all over the place and to get on the good side of patrons with kids (for that tip money), waitstaff will bring a pair out and let kids hold them for a while and take pics with them and things. Everyone is amazed by them. She just gave them to him

No The waitress did. My neice's boyfriend gave her 2 bills and she let him keep them. They normally have tons of them all over the place and to get on the good side of patrons with kids (for that tip money), waitstaff will bring a pair out and let kids hold them for a while and take pics with them and things. Everyone is amazed by them. She just gave them to him

:lol: okc fans amazed by a players shoes smh..... no offense afriend

I use to be jealous with what the Spurs could do with their late picks in the 1st round. Its been a while since they have hit.

Who remembers Leon Smith? I need a show where they go and look for guys like him who were drafted high (all sports) but disappeared. Would love to know how their lives turned out. Probably very sad though.

Doesnt shoeking WORK for the clippers org? If so I'd trust him on this. Not only is it a stupid rumor. Someone with actual insider info is calling it a stupid rumor.
nah that doesnt mean much. i have a homie i play ball with that works marketing for the clips. they dont know info like that. just cause you work for them means nothing. unless you the gm or work something like that everyone that works for an organization dont know everything thats going down or whats being discussed. id hardly call someone that works for the clippers having inside information. 

no disrespect shoeking just my opinion. 

Last edited:

nah that doesnt mean much. i have a homie i play ball with that works marketing for the clips. they dont know info like that. just cause you work for them means nothing. unless you the gm or work something like that everyone that works for an organization dont know everything thats going down or whats being discussed. 
All of what you said is true, and I never claimed to like "be in the know" or anything like that lol

Although a lot of the relationships and frankly friendships that I've cultivated since I been with the Clips are on the basketball side of things like Lawrence Frank, Kev Eastman, (He retired this summer) JP Clark, Dave Eastman (even though LAC let him go this summer) Coach O'Connor, those are like my guys...like let's go out and grab a drink or two type of guys lol and we've had plenty of talks about LAC and the innerworkings of the team, personal stuff, etc. Like I'm not in Basketball Ops but all my friends and associates are and i've heard plenty of off the record stuff that could easily count as "sources" in regards to LAC, i just choose not to put them out there.

But you right doe. Unless you're on the basketball Ops side of things things don't really trickle down to you.

Last edited:

Yes, he's an unrestricted free agent. All bets are off when that third contract comes around.

Blake actually is under contract for 2017-2018 season, but he has a player option, which we know he will use

Yes, he's an unrestricted free agent. All bets are off when that third contract comes around.

Blake actually is under contract for 2017-2018 season, but he has a player option, which we know he will use
Yea. Yea no doubt.

Teams are awake. All this "guys playing Olympic Ball together and talking about joining up when FA's".

No STAR is safe

Random, but if the Blazers max out CJ next summer, which they will,

They'll have x amount of dollars tied into Turner, Allen Crabbe, and McCollum.

I don't know how I would feel about that if I were them.

But then again we have like over 70M's tied into Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers lol

Yea. Yea no doubt.

Teams are awake. All this "guys playing Olympic Ball together and talking about joining up when FA's".

No STAR is safe
My bro was just saying this.

It's almost like Lebron has gave fools the balls to jump ship and change teams if they want. 

It's gotten to a point now where players appear to be trying to one up each other and are seeking to change teams when FA hit. At the very least they have become incredibly open to entertaining the FA process. 

I truly think Durant went into those meetings over 50% sure that he would return to OKC.

Back
Top Bottom