2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

i dont see sports like that. 2010 lakers vs celtics. lakers werent far and away the better team then boston just cause they won. they were so close ,both on the same level. same with 2014 heat vs spurs. 
You keep saying "far and away better". Not once did I say CLE was far and away the best team

Of course it's a close call

I don't look at sports where you can surely say "X team was better than Y team" when the two teams never even played against each other in a series

At least the examples you brought up the teams played each other so you can see it play out

You keep saying "far and away better". Not once did I say CLE was far and away the best team

Of course it's a close call

I don't look at sports where you can surely say "X team was better than Y team" when the two teams never even played against each other in a series

At least the examples you brought up the teams played each other so you can see it play out
a lucky bounce , a turnover is all that  separates these teams. . 

i didnt say x team was better then y. i say okc was better then gs.i really have no idea how they didnt win that series,

gs was neck and neck with clev. i dont know if cle wouldve won or loss to okc. 

iggy said it . he played against both teams. like i said if i play two teams i can easily say. team a was more difficult and more of a pain in the as to play then team b. you seem to think the better team always wins in sports . thats cool . i dont agree with that though. . 

Last edited:

a lucky bounce , a turnover is all that  separates these teams. . 

i didnt say x team was better then y. i say okc was better then gs. gs was neck and neck with clev. i dont know if cle wouldve won or loss to okc. 

iggy said it . he played against both teams. like i said if i play two teams i can easily say. team a was more difficult and more of a pain in the as to play then team b. you seem to think the better team always wins in sports . thats cool . i dont agree with that though. . 
Oh, if you're not saying OKC>CLE then we're not discussing the same topic

If you're saying OKC was better than GSW, then it goes back to yeah, exceptions do happen. I still believe those are few and far between, but certainly a possibility that a superior team could lose in a 7 game series. Highly subjective, once again

Btw, Iggy did say OKC>CLE

Last edited:

If you're saying OKC was better than GSW, then it goes back to yeah, exceptions do happen. I still believe those are few and far between, but certainly a possibility that a superior team could lose in a 7 game series. Highly subjective, once again

nah i dont think we were . i wasnt saying that. what i was getting at or trying to get at is how iggy can think okc was better then cle and it not being a shot at cle.. he played against both teams.  when you play against both of them you obviously have an opinion  on who you think was more difficult to play. he felt okc was better and a tougher team to play . 

. i dont know if okc wouldve beaten cle. all i know is gs wasnt a better team then okc. 

Last edited:

When did he say that.

He played both of them. Okc had them pinned, if klay doesn't put on a historic performance they go to the finals. Their size and length bothered the dubs every game. They had to come back and win that series and with cleveland, not discrediting the cavs but they lost it just as much as cleveland won it. The 1st game they had a chance to close out it seem like they quit like o well we got 2 more chances. They never had a chance to be corky and stomp on okc, had them dudes fighting for their lives.

I wonder who was the guy he mentioned that killed them in the West, but was trash the other 78 games?
laugh.gif
J.J. Barea 
nerd.gif

I wonder who was the guy he mentioned that killed them in the West, but was trash the other 78 games? :lol:

Has to be someone from the Lakers, Suns, Kings or Clippers. He said they played them 4 times so it was someone in their division.

I'm researching now and Jordan Clarkson had 23, 22 and 25 (and a W) in the last three games they played them last year....could be him.

Casspi also dropped 36 points on 9 threes on them one game.

These are the only two I could see it being from teams in their division.

Last edited:
In the year 2016, Dario Saric PAID $460,000 to come join the Sixers even though he could have made millions more and wouldn't have to pay his own buyout if he waited til next year... but he came just because he gave us his word two years ago that this is when he would come over.

Dude is the ******* man :pimp:

Last edited:
In the year 2016, Dario Saric PAID $460,000 to come join the Sixers even though he could have made millions more and wouldn't have to pay his own buyout if he waited til next year... but he came just because he gave us his word two years ago that this is when he would come over.

Dude is the ******* man :pimp:

He needs to fire his agent. :smh: :rofl:

Last edited:
No he doesn't...he actually has the best agent in Europe. He's had everyone in the world tell him how much more money he could make if he waited a year. But he said he's a man of his word and two years ago he gave the Sixers his word this is when he would come over. Dude is a boss...not many people in the world like that.

He needs to fire himself.

You're already 2/3rds of the way to starting off your NBA career not limited to the rookie scale. It ain't like you've been "struggling" this whole time, you're already making good money in Europe. Might as well go ahead and give it another year, chief. You're rushing back now to enter a situation in which there's a logjam of bigs, and the keys are being handed to the newly drafted face of the franchise. *whispers* Who just so happens to have a similar skillset as you.
But he said he's a man of his word and two years ago he gave the Sixers his word this is when he would come over.
I do respect this though.

Back
Top Bottom