2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

After seeing what Harden got, it makes sense now to see Blake's deal being around $28M

I didn't know if a player missed his first season that he would still be considered the same year as 2009 nba draft peers. Considering he won ROTY in his official first season.

Last edited:
If you're an elite athlete, you can play defense, period.
If you can't, you chose not to
The black and white of this premise is 
laugh.gif

Russy though, I do believe he could be an elite defender. His role offensively takes away much of his energy I'd assume

This guy's ability to keep such an irrelevant franchise like Memphis, a recurring topic of discussion on here is impressive.

I mean...we're really talking about Chandler Parson's ability to "recruit" free agents right now.

***** shut up
laugh.gif
shut yo bum *** up. provide something to talk about then with them trash *** posts

let me see what you talk about today.
Damn...SUPER feisty and it's only Monday noon. Bruh had enough.

The black and white of this premise is 
laugh.gif

Russy though, I do believe he could be an elite defender. His role offensively takes away much of his energy I'd assume
i get what a-friend is saying. defense is a mentality... not really a physical thing. russ being an elite athlete COULD be an elite defender if he set his mind to locking down on defense. but he doesnt. hes clearly offensive-minded. but as fast as russ is, and as quick as he is, dude could lock down most players in the league if he wanted. but itd kill a LOT more energy taking away from his offensive game so he probably doesnt.

:smh: at giving plums 4 for 52. Love what dude brings to the squad with his energy and athleticism but jesus we overpaid ridiculously imo

If you're already an elite athlete, there's no reason you can't at least be a decent defender.

Of course, you need the instincts and all of that too if you're talking about elite defense.

But yea, if you're an elite athlete but a pushover on defense then you just don't care, point blank. Lol

Last edited:
this guy lil buns doesnt deserve to breathe

so many good people have passed away but this immature blasphemous loser keeps on breathing

the negative attention *****

lemme trade lil buns life for 2pac's left foot please
Wishing death on another man how pathetic

Even if Blake does leave LAC, I personally don't see the appeal in Going to Memphis in FA.

Teaming up with Russ in OKC is far more viable to me or something. Tony Allen, Gasol, Conley, Parsons, isn't nearly as appealing to playing with DJ, CP, or Russell Westbrook, or somewhere else with the litany of great players he could team up with next year.

Even if Blake does leave LAC, I personally don't see the appeal in Going to Memphis in FA.

Teaming up with Russ in OKC is far more viable to me or something. Tony Allen, Gasol, Conley, Parsons, isn't nearly as appealing to playing with DJ, CP, or Russell Westbrook, or somewhere else with the litany of great players he could team up with next year.

That's fair to say. However, if Memphis matches up against LAC in the playoffs again and beats them, then what? You're still going to tell me Blake would return to LAC with the possibility of them getting worse next year after losing JJ?

Also, does Blake really fit with Russ? Without even knowing where Russ is going and the uncertainity of that situation, I don't see the likelihood of it. I think players and teams consider Memphis a consistent winning franchise just like some of the other teams people slurp on him that haven't won a thing. If you have a great friend on a team that's consistently shown they can compete with the best in the league, but injuries kept them down. Why not? The only concern is the age of TA and Zbo, but those two guys aren't considered main pieces anymore.

The fact that someone said Conley / Parsons / Blake / Gasol would not be any better than the current Clippers team is al I need to know :lol: . When looking at fit, bball IQ, contiunity, etc. its not that simple as to just looking at names on paper and thinking one team is better than the other. I don't think this Clippers team will beat Memphis in a playoff series this season if they matchup if both squads are healthy.

time for blake to stroll down that hallway to a real franchise. Julius for Blake, straight up. Who says no?

Until you realize that Conley Allen and Parsons are average

Team wouldn't be better than the clippers as is

We'll see how average they are next year

No reason whatsoever for that many average players to touch 50+ wins this season or even get a top 4 seed in the West when they're healthy. Those average players won 55 games when the elite Clippers won 56 games in 2014-15 (the last time Memphis was healthy for a season) I'm expecting it to be a drastic difference next year with both squads healthy :rolleyes

Last edited:
time for blake to stroll down that hallway to a real franchise. Julius for Blake, straight up. Who says no?
lakers.. they signing everyone in the offseason remember..

why give up something now when you can just pick them up in the summer

i get what a-friend is saying. defense is a mentality... not really a physical thing. russ being an elite athlete COULD be an elite defender if he set his mind to locking down on defense. but he doesnt. hes clearly offensive-minded. but as fast as russ is, and as quick as he is, dude could lock down most players in the league if he wanted. but itd kill a LOT more energy taking away from his offensive game so he probably doesnt.
draymond green is such an elite athlete. So is Tony Allen.
Nope... being an elite athlete And elite defender take two different skillset. Instincts and basketball Iq. It's more then just effort and being an elite athlete . No he couldn't lock down most players in the L if he wanted to. Sounds ridiculous. CP is a great defender . It's far from effort.

It's like you dudes that think anyone can become a decent shooter by just practicing.you just wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom